Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Dog potty training!!!

At our last house both of our dogs did very good. One has a liver problem and we understand that and leave potty pads in a couple of discreet places. Since we moved to a new house livie is good one day and bad the next. Dont know what to do. I take her out frequently, before and after meals. Usually every couple of hours when Im home. Lately is been freaking crazy. I let her out twice went and took and shower and come down to a pil of shit. I kinda smacked the crap out of her. She was so scared sh shit herself. The entire day she ate in the bathroom and I let her out only to take her outside. She comes in and heads right back to the bathroom. Obvious she knows Im pissed
    but what else should I do. She does this when we are home. I lock both the dogs up when we leave but if she continues to do it while we are home not sure what to do. Our male dog ollie has no problems and has been fine. Crate training wont do any good if they are in it while we are home will it?

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

My dog did the same shit!! Pissed me off. Take them out more, they are bored. I always have a lot goin on but, I make a lot of time for my Rottie, Take him everywhere now and havn't had problems at all lately. Take him fishing with me all the time and he makes a good companion.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

How old is she?

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I take them out alot as it is. I take them out every couple of hours ,plus before and after they eat and she knows there are potty pads where she is supposed to go when we are not there or cant let them out. Im at my whits end. Either its a freakin crate all day, shes gone (wife wont let me). But this is a brand new house and we already had the carpet cleaned once.My house is not gonna get fucked up anymore by this dog. Im gonna warn my wife to come up with a solution or I might dod something drastic. Im that pissed right now.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

She is just over 2 years old but has a liver shunt. Takes mdeicine 3 times a day. While she might have to go more often than most dogs she used to use the potty pads.Now she just stopped and goes where ever. Our last house we had tile so it wasnt so bad . This house is mostly carpet.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

crate training works really well. It's not cruel at all and many vets will agree. They will not "go" in there home. It worked well for me to. My dog was older when I had my problems + he is a male and They are much harder to train. My female rottie was an angel. Don't think I'll get another male dog, They are Hell!!!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

But how often are they in the crate? I turn my back or she doesnt tell me she has to go out and booom shit on the floor.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

New house = new stress. Its hard for dogs on changes. Give them a little time. I know this sucks being in a new house and all, But it takes a little time to adapt and get back into the grove again. Dogs aren't like us, They don't realise the carpet costs $5,000. My suggestion (I am no expert by any means) is give them a little time, take them out regularly, punish but don't hit, and love them to death!!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    New house = new stress. Its hard for dogs on changes. Give them a little time. I know this sucks being in a new house and all, But it takes a little time to adapt and get back into the grove again. Dogs aren't like us, They don't realise the carpet costs $5,000. My suggestion (I am no expert by any means) is give them a little time, take them out regularly, punish but don't hit, and love them to death!!!
    ^^^

Your dogs have to relearn what you want them to do...mine did the same thing when I moved. Also they can control their bowel movement better if it's solid and their stomach isn't upset...so feed them the same dog food everytime and light on the table scraps while they're learning.

brown/tan
    71 skylark/02 bonneville

when they do it again put the fear of god into her..........then feed it gun powder and start a ring of dogfighting

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

My dogs dont get table scraps but are on a naturala diet.The sick one gets green beans, carrots other vegetables and special dog food. Our other male gets organic chicken, vegetable and some flaxseed oil. After todays shitting she definately has fear in her. She listens without hesitation. Will work with her more, hopefully to understand more.

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

It is a new house, so relearning would be the best. Teach her just like you did when she was a puppy. Put her in the crate when you're gone, first thing when you get home is take her outside, and take her outside before you put her in. ALWAYS praise them like they just won olympic gold. Dogs just want to please their owners. I know you said that she is showing no signs of needing to go, you have to watch her like a hawk, she may have signs that aren't normal signs of needing to go. She can look uncomfortable and confused, sniffing, maybe walking around areas that she has gone in before. If you catch her in action, immediately say no, pick her up, put her outside, say "go potty" or whatever phrase you use and tell her she is good. Same with the pads, pick her up put her on the pad etc... You could also try sprays that you can buy at Petsmart which the dogs don't like so they wont go near those areas.

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Quote Originally Posted by fabrizi View Post
    It is a new house, so relearning would be the best. Teach her just like you did when she was a puppy. Put her in the crate when you're gone, first thing when you get home is take her outside, and take her outside before you put her in. ALWAYS praise them like they just won olympic gold. Dogs just want to please their owners. I know you said that she is showing no signs of needing to go, you have to watch her like a hawk, she may have signs that aren't normal signs of needing to go. She can look uncomfortable and confused, sniffing, maybe walking around areas that she has gone in before. If you catch her in action, immediately say no, pick her up, put her outside, say "go potty" or whatever phrase you use and tell her she is good. Same with the pads, pick her up put her on the pad etc... You could also try sprays that you can buy at Petsmart which the dogs don't like so they wont go near those areas.
    Read and learn. Very nice and Exactly right on the mark

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Read and learn. Very nice and Exactly right on the mark
    that was my gf. She's an intelligent lady!

Thread Information