Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dog got mauled

98 Formula
    06 duramax

dog got mauled

I have a 13 year old chow mix. He looks pretty much like a black chow. I've had him since he was just a couple months old so me and him have been through a ton together. I was getting ready to leave for work this afternoon and they were outside. I have a couple acres and there are woods all the way around me with only 1 house near me. I hear my younger dog start barking which is really rare. He hardly ever barks. My wife looks out back and says " There's 2 other dogs in the yard". I look out back and see my older dog walking towards the house and there's 2 white ones walking behind him. He didn't look right to me so I stepped outside and the 2 white dogs stopped and started walking away. When he got closer to the house I see he's really bloody and notice the 2 white dogs were pitbulls. I run in and grab the shotgun and head out into the woods to find them. I see them down in a ravine working there way to my right so I slip over a ways and run to get in front of them. They came out about 30 yards directly in front of me and I blasted one of the bitches with a 3.5" nitromag 4 shot turkey load. I knocked his ass off his feet and peppered the other dog because she was standing just in front of him. He rolled back down in the ravine and got back up and was yelping and running out of the ravine but by the time he got to the top he wasn't doing so well. I hope the possum's are eating his ass right now. My dog was tore all to hell. He's overnight at the vet right now. They shaved him down and said he has bite marks all over his body, his one ear is really tore up, and he has puncture bites under his armpit. He'll make it but he's to old to be having that happen to him. 9-10 years ago and he'd put up a helluva fight but nowadays he does good walking around due to bad hips.
    I found out tonight from someone where I think those dogs live. They had collars on. I'm gonna scope it out and see what their fence situation looks like then I'm gonna toss a couple handfulls of cut up hot dog with bluegill hooks in them to take care of the other dog.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm gonna toss a couple handfulls of cut up hot dog with bluegill hooks in them to take care of the other dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rules
    Threads/replies encouraging other illegal/unethical action (like "Best way to kill neighbor's dog?") will not be allowed.
    Give yourself some red ink now please.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

wow sry to hear that about your dog..nasty shit.......u should of shot and killed both of those pits...motherfuckers

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    I'm not encouraging anything. I'm stating fact. If I find out where the dogs live the other one is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz
    wow sry to hear that about your dog..nasty shit.......u should of shot and killed both of those pits...motherfuckers
    I have nothing against pits. I've owned a few. After I shot the first one the second one was long gone so no chance for a follow up. She dropped off into that ravine and got out of range. It's amazing they didn't kill my dog. He's just so old he can't defend himself. We get strays from time to time that come into the yard but have never had a problem with them until now. I'm just glad the kids weren't outside although the dogs seemed to be scared of me so I doubt they would've jumped on the kids and the kids are never outside unsupervised. My wife or I always go out with them.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

just saying good job on protecting your rights!!! ...dogs came onto YOUR property and attacked your dog...i woulda shot them as well.....owners of potentionaly dangerous dogs should keep there dogs ON there property or be prepared to face the consequences when they attack somone or somone else pet

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

and kick the owners ass as well...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post

priceless

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

sucks man, but im glad your dog will be ok. my girl is a VET and she called me in one evening to show me a dog that was in a dog fight. it had puncture wounds/bite marks and had to be stitched up. it was a not a pretty sight but that dog made it through. it's sad.

let us know how the RECON mission goes, and and MISSION...

Dog prob wont be back if you wounded it. Hopefully you did enough damage it dies so you do not have a wounded creature that gets walked up on by some person and the thing goes nuts.

It is amazing how much will power pitts have still running after being shot

Very sorry about your dog atleast you got outside in time.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Even though it was a '3.5" nitromag 4 shot' pitty's are really tough and it could have lived!

If it is injured it could be a danger to even young humans in your area.

You should continue to track them as some child could be hurt from whart your 'turkey load' started.

You should of finished the job prior to posting!

I hope the chow is not changed by this attack.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

One time my sister's PIT, flipped and just tore into my Beagle. Ripped its leg almost off and had to get surgery. PITS have split personalities! Which is why I had to put it down

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I've had pitbulls in the past. I know the breed very well and they're not a bad breed of dog but you can't raise them like you would a poodle. They get a bad rep for what the owners do. I have no worries about that dog hurting someone. By the time he was up that ravine he was in bad shape. There's zero doubt in my mind he lived another 15 minutes. Getting hit at 30 yards with a 3.5" magnum will kill pretty much anything. I'm surprised he made it that far.
    I talked to the vet this morning and they want to keep my dog another night. He's not eating and is really sore which is understandable. Plus I figure they're riding the cash cow a little bit but it's like my child. If they say he needs to stay then that's what'll happen.

not the dogs fault.. its the owner.. the one who raised them like that and let them loose.. blame him/her.. not the animal

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Went through the overnight vet visit with Tank a few years back.
    Got bit through a fence while he was being walked.
    Fucking animal control did NOTHING about it. Said it was as much Tanks fault as the other dogs. $600 later he was patched up....
    Then animal control had the nerve to stop by my house and bitch at me about my fence having enough of a hole for a paw to stick through. The lady ended up calling the police to assist her since I was being difficult.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size
    Sorry...I takes pics for everything.

Hope your dog is okay.
    I wish I could have done something to the dog that got Tank. Living in the city made it tough.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!

Slash The Gut Open N Throw It On The Front Porch

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    not the dogs fault.. its the owner.. the one who raised them like that and let them loose.. blame him/her.. not the animal
    Agreed...Just my opinion but I feel sorry for all the dogs hurt in this situation.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by mst219 View Post
    while a completely valid statement, there is no room for dogs that would do something like that to be living near children. i would have killed the dogs and taken the collars to the owner.

That sucks, hope your dog isnt too bad! My lab is my best friend and a dog attacked him a few weeks back, part pit and something I believe, 100lbs plus, she locked on to my dogs nexk face... I flipped and tackled her ass and almost rip her jaw apart to get her off my dog. Its a friendly dog, no idea why it did it, but I was close to killing her right there! So I know how you feel and I would have chased them down til I knew they were dead!

Now I know plenty of people with pits, gentle dogs, however just so many stories of attacks. I cant believe these dogs are all raised bad. I think its just in the dogs nature, sure some are the friendliest dogs ever, but not a dog I'll ever own.

A cat even latched onto my dog once, he thought it was one of ours... well that cat died that day!

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

I could barely read that without getting upset. I have a little dog and love him like a child. If that ever happened I'm sure I'd have done the same thing as you Orion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information