• YES IT IS

0 0%
  • It's a Bad MUTHA, but not the GOAT.

6 85.71%
  • I will never submit to a mopar/ford/etc

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Is the Dodge demon the best Muscle car of all time????

This is a discussion on Is the Dodge demon the best Muscle car of all time???? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means ...

red
    95 Z28

Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means everything to you. NHRA’s certifications don’t really mean anything though unfortunately.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means everything to you. NHRA’s certifications don’t really mean anything though unfortunately.
    A distraction technique? Just stating a fact. You just unfortunately are on the wrong side of the facts and let your feelings get involved to cloud your rational thinking.

The fact that you are comparing a $2mm to a $90k is much more a distraction technique in a way you think justifies Dodge not putting a label on it's car w/ somewhat of reputable documentation. As I said, if/when a Chiron gets some kind of somewhat reputable documentation of at least faster than 9.65, Dodge would no longer be accurate in it's statement.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Are we talking about the Dodge (Challenger) Demon, that you have to order a package (and install it yourself) the adds a back seat, and street worthy tires?
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I think the only things you have to install yourself is the race gas ECU, and the front skinnies. It comes with the Nitto's from the factory.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    A distraction technique? Just stating a fact. You just unfortunately are on the wrong side of the facts and let your feelings get involved to cloud your rational thinking.

The fact that you are comparing a $2mm to a $90k is much more a distraction technique in a way you think justifies Dodge not putting a label on it's car w/ somewhat of reputable documentation. As I said, if/when a Chiron gets some kind of somewhat reputable documentation of at least faster than 9.65, Dodge would no longer be accurate in it's statement.
    The distraction technique was you conflating fast/quick. We both now the difference, and you know what I was trying to say, so it was a moot point to begin with. There really arent any facts here though that are in question, just an advertising campaign that quotes an NHRA piece of paper, that simply says a Dodge Demon ran a certain time on a certain day. Cost is irrelevant, so you continuing to bring it up is a strawman.

BTW I just saw that a privately owned Demon went 9.94@136 with a +500 DA. Getting closer, although three tenths is still huge when you get into the 9s.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Still waiting on any kind of Chiron numbers .....

If price is irrelevant, you cannot use that as an excuse as to why more people haven't tried getting times from them.

I still don't believe any private owner outside of a professional drag racer and his team, etc. will get under 9.7's. It's not impossible though.

red
    95 Z28

Keep waiting. I don’t feel any need to provide you with any numbers. Someone will probably
    Eventually run one, I’m not terribly worried. In the meantime, I’m still waiting for confirmation that the demon can run a 9.65.

Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    The distraction technique was you conflating fast/quick. We both now the difference, and you know what I was trying to say, so it was a moot point to begin with. There really arent any facts here though that are in question, just an advertising campaign that quotes an NHRA piece of paper, that simply says a Dodge Demon ran a certain time on a certain day. Cost is irrelevant, so you continuing to bring it up is a strawman.

BTW I just saw that a privately owned Demon went 9.94@136 with a +500 DA. Getting closer, although three tenths is still huge when you get into the 9s.
    Still 9mph shy which is still quite a gap...
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Still 9mph shy which is still quite a gap...
    Dodge's website says 9.65 @ 140.09. Not sure where you are getting 145mph? In any event, the 9.6 e.t. will come before 140mph I think.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Nope. Not a production car. I would prefer that over the Exorcist though.

Navy Blue Metallic

Umm...Ordered thru GM Dealerships and like the Demon considered to be produced by the Automaker so I argue it's like a Demon.

Grant it limited number but still produced under GM for example like with SLP and the Firehawks.

red
    95 Z28

It's not the same as the Demon. Come on. Not even close to the same.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Umm...Ordered thru GM Dealerships and like the Demon considered to be produced by the Automaker so I argue it's like a Demon.

Grant it limited number but still produced under GM for example like with SLP and the Firehawks.
    Ordered THROUGH GM Dealers FROM SVE. The Demon and every aspect of it comes in-house from Dodge and not through a third party dealer.

It is shipped to SVE from Chevrolet. Chevrolet only supplies the car, nothing else.

Navy Blue Metallic

I highly doubt the Demon comes off the exact assembly line as every other Hellcat and Challanger for all it's performance mods. I'm willing to bet they pull the Hellcats and now Demons off the line prior to dropping in the drive train to have them installed at another facility.

I still stand by my argument that the Yenko is still same category as the Demon in regards to factory produced.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

I highly doubt the Demon comes off the exact assembly line as every other Hellcat and Challanger for all it's performance mods. I'm willing to bet they pull the Hellcats and now Demons off the line prior to dropping in the drive train to have them installed at another facility.

I still stand by my argument that the Yenko is still same category as the Demon in regards to factory produced.
    Having the car built at a different location by a different company is not factory produced IMO.

So if your reasoning stands, you believe the GMMG cars are factory produced?

Navy Blue Metallic

Where they a GM option like the Yenko is?

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Where they a GM option like the Yenko is?
    It is a 3rd party service offered by GM. Like the Joe Gibbs Silverados, Regency Conversions, etc.

Don't believe you can have warranty service on a Yenko done by a Chevy dealer either. Surely they would warranty a new production vehicle?

Navy Blue Metallic

But that's the same as SLP was to Firehawks. GM warranty them even though SLP did the work and they were still considered production vehicle, so why can't the Yenko be classified as the same?

Is it only because the numbers produced?

I guess will see when it comes out later this yr if it is warranty by GM.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

But that's the same as SLP was to Firehawks. GM warranty them even though SLP did the work and they were still considered production vehicle, so why can't the Yenko be classified as the same?

Is it only because the numbers produced?
    SLP did not have a $50k option that included a whole different engine, power adder, etc. SLP made only exhaust, filter, and suspension changes and did not redesign the entire powertrain.

I doubt GM will want to take on the warranty just due to the cost alone, but anything is possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information