View Poll Results: Is the Dodge Demon the GOAT

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES IT IS

    0 0%
  • It's a Bad MUTHA, but not the GOAT.

    6 85.71%
  • I will never submit to a mopar/ford/etc

    1 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 95
Like Tree6Likes

Is the Dodge demon the best Muscle car of all time????

This is a discussion on Is the Dodge demon the best Muscle car of all time???? within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means ...

  1. #41
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,707

    red
    95 Z28

    Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means everything to you. NHRA’s certifications don’t really mean anything though unfortunately.

  2. #42
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Fastest, quickest, you know what I meant. Another distraction technique. But you have made clear that some random certification means everything to you. NHRA’s certifications don’t really mean anything though unfortunately.
    A distraction technique? Just stating a fact. You just unfortunately are on the wrong side of the facts and let your feelings get involved to cloud your rational thinking.

    The fact that you are comparing a $2mm to a $90k is much more a distraction technique in a way you think justifies Dodge not putting a label on it's car w/ somewhat of reputable documentation. As I said, if/when a Chiron gets some kind of somewhat reputable documentation of at least faster than 9.65, Dodge would no longer be accurate in it's statement.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Whamhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Posts
    1,413

    Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

    Are we talking about the Dodge (Challenger) Demon, that you have to order a package (and install it yourself) the adds a back seat, and street worthy tires?
    SLP Air Lid/Smooth Bellows
    Kooks Emissions LT Headers/Catted Y pipe
    NGK TR55 plugs
    Magnaflow Cat-back
    Spohn Front Upper Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Front Lower Tubular Control Arms
    UMI Rear Lower Control Arms/ Adjustable Panhard Rod
    Factory C5 Z06 17x9.5 wheels w/ 285-40-17 Continental Extreme Contact DW's all the way around.
    Dyno Dynamics dynoed @:
    356 rwhp, 360 rwlb/tq

  4. #44
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    I think the only things you have to install yourself is the race gas ECU, and the front skinnies. It comes with the Nitto's from the factory.

  5. #45
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,707

    red
    95 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    A distraction technique? Just stating a fact. You just unfortunately are on the wrong side of the facts and let your feelings get involved to cloud your rational thinking.

    The fact that you are comparing a $2mm to a $90k is much more a distraction technique in a way you think justifies Dodge not putting a label on it's car w/ somewhat of reputable documentation. As I said, if/when a Chiron gets some kind of somewhat reputable documentation of at least faster than 9.65, Dodge would no longer be accurate in it's statement.
    The distraction technique was you conflating fast/quick. We both now the difference, and you know what I was trying to say, so it was a moot point to begin with. There really arent any facts here though that are in question, just an advertising campaign that quotes an NHRA piece of paper, that simply says a Dodge Demon ran a certain time on a certain day. Cost is irrelevant, so you continuing to bring it up is a strawman.

    BTW I just saw that a privately owned Demon went 9.94@136 with a +500 DA. Getting closer, although three tenths is still huge when you get into the 9s.

  6. #46
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Still waiting on any kind of Chiron numbers .....

    If price is irrelevant, you cannot use that as an excuse as to why more people haven't tried getting times from them.

    I still don't believe any private owner outside of a professional drag racer and his team, etc. will get under 9.7's. It's not impossible though.

  7. #47
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,707

    red
    95 Z28

    Keep waiting. I don’t feel any need to provide you with any numbers. Someone will probably
    Eventually run one, I’m not terribly worried. In the meantime, I’m still waiting for confirmation that the demon can run a 9.65.

  8. #48
    I like turtles GTP231's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Corn and Soybean fields
    Posts
    5,438

    Gray/ White
    10 Impreza 83 Thunderturd

    Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    The distraction technique was you conflating fast/quick. We both now the difference, and you know what I was trying to say, so it was a moot point to begin with. There really arent any facts here though that are in question, just an advertising campaign that quotes an NHRA piece of paper, that simply says a Dodge Demon ran a certain time on a certain day. Cost is irrelevant, so you continuing to bring it up is a strawman.

    BTW I just saw that a privately owned Demon went 9.94@136 with a +500 DA. Getting closer, although three tenths is still huge when you get into the 9s.
    Still 9mph shy which is still quite a gap...
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

  9. #49
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    Still 9mph shy which is still quite a gap...
    Dodge's website says 9.65 @ 140.09. Not sure where you are getting 145mph? In any event, the 9.6 e.t. will come before 140mph I think.

  10. #50
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    11,094

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert


  11. #51
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Nope. Not a production car. I would prefer that over the Exorcist though.

  12. #52
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    11,094

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

    Umm...Ordered thru GM Dealerships and like the Demon considered to be produced by the Automaker so I argue it's like a Demon.

    Grant it limited number but still produced under GM for example like with SLP and the Firehawks.

  13. #53
    Senior Member 5.0THIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,707

    red
    95 Z28

    It's not the same as the Demon. Come on. Not even close to the same.

  14. #54
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Umm...Ordered thru GM Dealerships and like the Demon considered to be produced by the Automaker so I argue it's like a Demon.

    Grant it limited number but still produced under GM for example like with SLP and the Firehawks.
    Ordered THROUGH GM Dealers FROM SVE. The Demon and every aspect of it comes in-house from Dodge and not through a third party dealer.

    It is shipped to SVE from Chevrolet. Chevrolet only supplies the car, nothing else.

  15. #55
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    11,094

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

    I highly doubt the Demon comes off the exact assembly line as every other Hellcat and Challanger for all it's performance mods. I'm willing to bet they pull the Hellcats and now Demons off the line prior to dropping in the drive train to have them installed at another facility.


    I still stand by my argument that the Yenko is still same category as the Demon in regards to factory produced.

  16. #56
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I highly doubt the Demon comes off the exact assembly line as every other Hellcat and Challanger for all it's performance mods. I'm willing to bet they pull the Hellcats and now Demons off the line prior to dropping in the drive train to have them installed at another facility.


    I still stand by my argument that the Yenko is still same category as the Demon in regards to factory produced.
    Having the car built at a different location by a different company is not factory produced IMO.

    So if your reasoning stands, you believe the GMMG cars are factory produced?

  17. #57
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    11,094

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

    Where they a GM option like the Yenko is?

  18. #58
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Where they a GM option like the Yenko is?
    It is a 3rd party service offered by GM. Like the Joe Gibbs Silverados, Regency Conversions, etc.

    Don't believe you can have warranty service on a Yenko done by a Chevy dealer either. Surely they would warranty a new production vehicle?

  19. #59
    Spaz is My Mentor SMWS6TA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ugy Lower Corner of AL
    Posts
    11,094

    Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

    But that's the same as SLP was to Firehawks. GM warranty them even though SLP did the work and they were still considered production vehicle, so why can't the Yenko be classified as the same?

    Is it only because the numbers produced?


    I guess will see when it comes out later this yr if it is warranty by GM.

  20. #60
    Junior Member OKSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    20

    BRR
    2002 SS LE

    Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    But that's the same as SLP was to Firehawks. GM warranty them even though SLP did the work and they were still considered production vehicle, so why can't the Yenko be classified as the same?

    Is it only because the numbers produced?
    SLP did not have a $50k option that included a whole different engine, power adder, etc. SLP made only exhaust, filter, and suspension changes and did not redesign the entire powertrain.

    I doubt GM will want to take on the warranty just due to the cost alone, but anything is possible.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Dodge Demon
    By OKSS in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 07-22-2017, 06:34 PM
  2. What is the best AMC muscle car of all time?
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 11:49 AM
  3. 11 best muscle cars of all time?
    By Murder after Midnight in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM
  4. Dodge Hemi Speed Demon - The Speed Demons
    By Ed Blown Vert in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM
  5. Muscle Car ..Playoffs Dodge
    By snaggeltooth in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 10:21 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •