Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Dodge Demon

This is a discussion on Dodge Demon within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Yes, but E85 can't be used as a storage fuel the way race gas can. There really isn't any difference ...

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Yes, but E85 can't be used as a storage fuel the way race gas can. There really isn't any difference other than you get different amount of Ethanol in "E85" depending on the outside temperature and which station you get the fuel from. Race fuel is much more consistent and doesn't require near the amount of tuning E85 would to be at it's peak performance on a consistent basis.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

2.7L Supercharger
    0-60 in 2.3
    0-100 in 5.1
    1/4 in 9.65 @ 140 mph <-- certified by NHRA
    840 horsepower (They didn't specify anything so I would guess that's crank).770ft lbs TQ
    1.8 G's at launch
    3.09 rear gear
    4280 lbs
    Will carry the front tires for first 3ft
    Full boost(14.5lbs) 6 ft after launch

Didn't really say anything price wise. Only gonna make 3000 for the U.S. and 300 for Canada and will be a one year only car. There is both a black key (500 hp) and the red key (840 w/ race fuel), but there also is a password you can set to lock the car to 500 hp.
    Looks exactly like the car in the trailer for the Fast & Furious 8. The front skinnies that are in the crate look SWEET on the car.

That's getting it for a 4200lbs car and I really was expecting 900+ horsepower, but the technology,suspension,Nittos, etc. make that power very useful. They didn't say anything about a Manual transmission but said the stall converter was higher than the hellcat. The horsepower isn't what I was expecting, but the times are and they are impressive. I think they overhyped just a bit in my opinion, since it's just a challenger with a bigger hood scoop.

Chevy and Ford .... what ya got ?!?
    Last edited by OKSS; 04-11-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

That is a great track time. Chevy and Ford? Hard to say if they feel it is worth investing in that market. I do know there has been some work on the next COPO Camaro so maybe their plans are to top those numbers.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by taman76 View Post
    That is a great track time. Chevy and Ford? Hard to say if they feel it is worth investing in that market. I do know there has been some work on the next COPO Camaro so maybe their plans are to top those numbers.
    I don't think Chevy will street legalize the COPO from the factory. There's always a possibility though.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    2.7L Supercharger
    0-60 in 2.3
    0-100 in 5.1
    1/4 in 9.65 @ 140 mph <-- certified by NHRA
    840 horsepower (They didn't specify anything so I would guess that's crank).770ft lbs TQ
    1.8 G's at launch
    3.09 rear gear
    4280 lbs
    Will carry the front tires for first 3ft
    Full boost(14.5lbs) 6 ft after launch

Didn't really say anything price wise. Only gonna make 3000 for the U.S. and 300 for Canada and will be a one year only car. There is both a black key (500 hp) and the red key (840 w/ race fuel), but there also is a password you can set to lock the car to 500 hp.
    Looks exactly like the car in the trailer for the Fast & Furious 8. The front skinnies that are in the crate look SWEET on the car.

That's getting it for a 4200lbs car and I really was expecting 900+ horsepower, but the technology,suspension,Nittos, etc. make that power very useful. They didn't say anything about a Manual transmission but said the stall converter was higher than the hellcat. The horsepower isn't what I was expecting, but the times are and they are impressive. I think they overhyped just a bit in my opinion, since it's just a challenger with a bigger hood scoop.

Chevy and Ford .... what ya got ?!?

Here is Chevy's answer

http://fireballcamaro.com/fireball-9...epower-camaro/

Hennessey has one too.

LS1.com 5th 6th Gen Camaro | Trans Am | Corvette | GTO | GM Performance Information - Hennessey's 1,000-horsepower Camaro Exorcist is ready for th
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 04-12-2017 at 06:15 AM.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Neither of those are OEM cars, those are built by tuners. Both of them will probably beat the Demon, but they didn't come from Chevrolet so you're not really comparing apples to apples.

The Fireball 990 Camaro is only $90k. The Hennessey is over $110k and that will even be a better deal than the Demon I'm sure. I can see the MSRP being $100k on the Demon and dealer markups anywhere from $20k-$50k. I say at LEAST 2000 of them will be put in a bubble on a battery tender. Vin #001 will sell for over 1 million at Barrett Jackson.
    Last edited by OKSS; 04-12-2017 at 06:25 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic

You think they'll sell 2000? Maybe overall over a few yrs but I can't see that many ppl lining up. But Cars now a days are treated as investment property. Too many rich A holes that aren't even car/gear heads driving up the market. I mean honestly have you seen the price of cars in the 80's are going for now. If you can find a short bed Chevy truck you almost got a gold mine. 5 yrs ago you could get most of them for $500, not they hang around $7-10k if in decent running shape. Even the most loathed Corvettes (C4's) are seeing prices going up.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

True those cars are built by tuners. But GM could be putting them out from the factory if they wanted to.

I think my choice would be this over the Demon Super Duty 455 by Trans Am Depot : 1000 Horsepower 1046 Torque

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Cars are treated as investment property because money has become extremely important in the last 20 years or so and is only going to get worse.

I think they will sell all 3000 of them before the end of 2018. If I wasn't making double payments on my mortagage to get it paid off in a few years, I think I would be in line for one. I think even putting 1 or 2 thousand miles a year on the car for the next 20 years will still make it a worthwhile investment.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Built for the track, but no cage
    It's on jackstands.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

So they could use the "banned from the track" motto with the car. Heck of a marketing strategy.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by OKSS View Post
    So they could use the "banned from the track" motto with the car. Heck of a marketing strategy.
    Meanwhile every article and photo is of it at the track. Everything talked about around the car is how fast it is at the track, lifts the wheels at the track. Fastest OEM car ever produced, etc.

I have taken a lot of marketing classes and that seems like it would be the opposite of a good marketing strategy.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Meanwhile every article and photo is of it at the track. Everything talked about around the car is how fast it is at the track, lifts the wheels at the track. Fastest OEM car ever produced, etc.

I have taken a lot of marketing classes and that seems like it would be the opposite of a good marketing strategy.
    Dodge you want it fast, we make it fast but with no safety in mind.....

Wonder if it will suffer the fate of Ninja's 1000 cc in the 90's when they 1st came out. No Insurance company would cover you under the age of 25.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I called about a GSXR 1000 when I was 18 an they told me 12,000 a year..... for a used bike that was for sale for 6 grand.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I called about a GSXR 1000 when I was 18 an they told me 12,000 a year..... for a used bike that was for sale for 6 grand.

You get better rates with a Pinto then you could on that bike. That was a direct quote from a Geico rep when I asked....and I was 22 when I tried getting a used one.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Well in the big opening ceremony in New York, that had a big Hagerty insurance clip saying it was the "official insurance provider of the dodge demon", so you may only be able to get insurnace through Hagerty, which would be stupid and definitely hurt their sales.

Navy Blue Metallic

The ppl that can afford the Demon can afford Hagerty....

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

So 840hp is the official number? Didn't see anything about 1000hp or more.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I have hagerty for my firebird. $310 per year full coverage with roadside assistance and no limitations.

BRR
    2002 SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    So 840hp is the official number? Didn't see anything about 1000hp or more.
    840 is the number with race gas. A bit of disappointment I must say, but they do make good use of all of it.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information