Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: die bitch die

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

die bitch die

Yeah its about a mustang, but the principle will anger you. It ruined a minute or 2 of my life, now your guys turn lol [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFR6Wj7sWbI&feature=related[/ame]

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Good color choice if that is really it... I doubt she will rap it around a tree. But I have this funny feeling she will let someone else drive it. It may not last long.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

wth?

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I know I'm not a parent, and all parent/child situations are different. But with that in mind, I have never believed in handing a 16 year old a brand new car.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    I know I'm not a parent, and all parent/child situations are different. But with that in mind, I have never believed in handing a 16 year old a brand new car.
    Not to mention a car like a mustang, camaro, charger, challenger etc V6 or not is an expensive fucking car. WTF do you need that for your first car for? IM glad I didnt get a brand new flashy car for my first car. You dont appreciate it, more then likely its gonna get wrecked, getting "good grades" doesnt qualify in "earning" it imo. Work your ass off in the workplace for several years and buy your own car. Worst part is, her first car is now 305 horses and runs a low 14. Thats a disaster for a 16 yr old, especially a girl, and particularly a girl thats a bit of a ruhtard like her.

Black
    02 SS #8719

Better than the kids who get GT 500's for their 16 and 18th birthdays. I know of a few kids who received brand new C6 Z06's for their 16th b-day.

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

I work at an private school here in Memphis and I watch kids every year that parents buy them new cars that make me shake my head. I had a student a few years back that drove a brand new Corvette- he was a freshman and was driving on a "hardship" license. I once told him that driving a Vette wasn't a hardship- if they'd made him drive a Gremlin- now that would be a hardship.
    2000 Pontiac Firehawk #0041 of 742

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

A guy I went to HS with had a new Mustang every year. He bought and paid for them with his own money though. Working in Hollywood allows you to be able to do that. His name? Anybody familiar with "Butch Patrick"? He played Eddie Munster as a kid on TV. he was 1 year ahead of me.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Some poor soul is going to hit that just to drive her car around...now that's scary

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Jealousy thread

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Jealousy thread
    Couldn't have said it any better.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Jealousy thread
    Not at all. I believe this behavior (in general) is a cause of the growing sense of entitlement these younger generations have.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Not to mention a car like a mustang, camaro, charger, challenger etc V6 or not is an expensive fucking car. WTF do you need that for your first car for? IM glad I didnt get a brand new flashy car for my first car. You dont appreciate it, more then likely its gonna get wrecked, getting "good grades" doesnt qualify in "earning" it imo. Work your ass off in the workplace for several years and buy your own car. Worst part is, her first car is now 305 horses and runs a low 14. Thats a disaster for a 16 yr old, especially a girl, and particularly a girl thats a bit of a ruhtard like her.
    I disagree with this.

In my opinion, if your guardians raised you the right way and you have not turned into some spoiled brat over the years, for example, you work your ass off outside of school, in school, and on top of that you have done so well that you put yourself into the position where you're able to get accepted into a decent college to further your education, I personally believe that you have done well enough to earn a vehicle of decent magnitude.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about some 15-16 year old. Once you are of age where you are deemed responsible enough to drive it like a normal/mature person, I really don't see a problem with your folks pitching in some cash to help you buy the car that you want if they feel that you've pulled your weight through your childhood years and didn't act like a spoiled brat all your life.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    I disagree with this.

In my opinion, if your guardians raised you the right way and you have not turned into some spoiled brat over the years, for example, you work your ass off outside of school, in school, and on top of that you have done so well that you put yourself into the position where you're able to get accepted into a decent college to further your education, I personally believe that you have done well enough to earn a vehicle of decent magnitude.

Keep in mind, I'm not talking about some 15-16 year old. Once you are of age where you are deemed responsible enough to drive it like a normal/mature person, I really don't see a problem with your folks pitching in some cash to help you buy the car that you want if they feel that you've pulled your weight through your childhood years and didn't act like a spoiled brat all your life.
    I say that in the most obvious of generalizations, as ultimately its the parents choice and its their money. Truth, and reality often dont coincide with each other. I predicted that there would be the people that rationalize how a select few kids can handle a performance vehicle as their first car, but the reality is, its not majority. Its just my belief that a starting driver doesnt need to be worrying about looks and performance for a first fucking car. Lets face it, they just wanna show off in front of their friends. They need to learn how to drive, and worry about not crashing. Plus more of a beater car shows them more of what its like to actually own and maintain a car. When you are 16, you havent "earned" a toy yet. The people that have went through school, went through trials and tribulations in the workplace, faced bad economic times but stuck through it, budgeted money, went hungry a few times but hung in there, they earned a "toy". When you go through all of that, and go into that dealership and sit down and get exactly what you want, FINALLY after all that work and hardship, it makes EVERYTHING so much more meaningful. I can't afford the car I currently want. But I will get it eventually. I'm gonna get one of those new 5.0's one day. It'll be a great feeling too.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    I disagree with this.

I'd bet an entire paycheck you are under the age of 22-23 as well right?

Bright Red

Not jealous- I have the car I've wanted for the past ten years. Hell, it's longer than that- I've wanted another TA since I had to sell my '87 back in 1991.

I have to agree with kids' growing sense of entitlement. I worked my ass off for everything I've owned. Whether it was that wrecked '87 TA that I bought for $600 when I was 13 or the new rear for the Firehawk in my garage. I see kids every day who think I owe them something- not because they've actually worked for it, but because they have graced me with their being. Then again, meet their parents and you'll see just how far the apple has fallen from the tree.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I say that in the most obvious of generalizations, as ultimately its the parents choice and its their money. Truth, and reality often dont coincide with each other. I predicted that there would be the people that rationalize how a select few kids can handle a performance vehicle as their first car, but the reality is, its not majority. Its just my belief that a starting driver doesnt need to be worrying about looks and performance for a first fucking car. Lets face it, they just wanna show off in front of their friends. They need to learn how to drive, and worry about not crashing. Plus more of a beater car shows them more of what its like to actually own and maintain a car. When you are 16, you havent "earned" a toy yet. The people that have went through school, went through trials and tribulations in the workplace, faced bad economic times but stuck through it, budgeted money, went hungry a few times but hung in there, they earned a "toy". When you go through all of that, and go into that dealership and sit down and get exactly what you want, FINALLY after all that work and hardship, it makes EVERYTHING so much more meaningful. I can't afford the car I currently want. But I will get it eventually. I'm gonna get one of those new 5.0's one day. It'll be a great feeling too.
    I see exactly where you're coming from and it makes complete sense.

But this kind of just goes back to what I said before, I personally believe if your guardians have the finances to help you own that performance car or truck you have been longing for, and they feel like you've pulled your weight throughout your childhood, I don't believe it's unreasonable for them to help you get it once they feel you have matured enough where you have the ability to drive it responsibly (18-19).

If you don't have to wait until the age of 65 to get that GTO or Mustang or whatever, you shouldn't have to as long as you worked hard for it in some way or another and are responsible enough mentally to own it. You will appreciate it and respect it if you're a genuine car guy, not just some teenie bopper show-off fag.

I KNOW I'm going to appreciate mines once I graduate in June of 2011. A good bit of money is coming out of my pocket as well but I'm lucky that my folks are willing to pay for a portion of it.

But kind of similar to what you said in the above post, when you're one of the fortunate 16 years old and are able to get a car or truck (like I was), you're usually not really mature at all yet and it's ridiculous to have a performance oriented car at that age.

I turned 17 earlier this year. Senior in high school right now.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 09-19-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Bright Red

I plan on being that 65 year old guy who pisses off all the younger guys by driving my new Vette around...

...just like I'm now the 35 year old guy driving around in a mean sounding 'Hawk pissing them off!

Black
    '99 SS

If my Camaro was my first car, I would be dead.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    If my Camaro was my first car, I would be dead.
    If my Camaro was my first car, I would be pissed.

Yep, still am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information