Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Debating if i should get another Ls1 car

Since i sold my Ws6 in feb. i havent really missed it much, but now im starting to miss it more and really a lot since today i seen a super clean pewter SS. Ive also been excited about it too because a few months ago i got a new job and make pretty much double of what i use to make at my old job. And i could really mod this one out Ive been debating either an SS or an 03-04 cobra. I really love the cobras, not out of my price range but out of the range of what id like to spend. Thats why i was thinking maybe an SS and PC it. Anybody with some S/Ced LS1s chime in? Another reason im thinking another LS1 is because i basically know the whole ins and outs of these cars, and the cobras, id have to learn everything over again.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Don't do it, ls1s are horrible engines

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    Since i sold my Ws6 in feb. i havent really missed it much, but now im starting to miss it more and really a lot since today i seen a super clean pewter SS. Ive also been excited about it too because a few months ago i got a new job and make pretty much double of what i use to make at my old job. And i could really mod this one out Ive been debating either an SS or an 03-04 cobra. I really love the cobras, not out of my price range but out of the range of what id like to spend. Thats why i was thinking maybe an SS and PC it. Anybody with some S/Ced LS1s chime in? Another reason im thinking another LS1 is because i basically know the whole ins and outs of these cars, and the cobras, id have to learn everything over again.
    01-04 Z06 or GTFO. If you are going for an LS1 though get a C5 coupe or an FRC unless you cant find a Z06.

The price for a good example isnt that much and about on par with a Cobra....unless you get a beat to piss example.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    01-04 Z06 or GTFO. If you are going for an LS1 though get a C5 coupe or an FRC unless you cant find a Z06.

The price for a good example isnt that much and about on par with a Cobra....unless you get a beat to piss example.
    If i was going to spend 18k on a car it wouldnt be a c5 vette, id much rather have a cobra for that price. Honestly id love the c5 z06s but theyre too much money and i just dont see them comparing to a cobra mod vs mod
    I

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Cobra > Z06 Mod vs Mod......for that matter, Cobra > almost anything Mod vs Mod.

C5 Z06's are WAY OVERPRICED for what they are now a days and that is yesterdays technology. Bad ass cars and I love them but compared to the C6 platform they are way off base. I'd go with a clean SS or WS6 and mod the shit out of it or spend the extra coin and get the Cobra and mod it a little and still run comparable times

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Get a cobra and drop a LS3 with a maggie.....

In all seriousness though, it depends if you wanna get a WS6/SS and go through the process of doing H/C/I or get a 03/04 Cobra and do the easier exhaust/pulley/tune

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Cobra > Z06 Mod vs Mod......for that matter, Cobra > almost anything Mod vs Mod.

C5 Z06's are WAY OVERPRICED for what they are now a days and that is yesterdays technology. Bad ass cars and I love them but compared to the C6 platform they are way off base. I'd go with a clean SS or WS6 and mod the shit out of it or spend the extra coin and get the Cobra and mod it a little and still run comparable times
    Depends what kind of car you want. Sure termis can make power more easily because of FI but the z06 trumps the termi in pretty much everything else.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Depends what kind of car you want. Sure termis can make power more easily because of FI but the z06 trumps the termi in pretty much everything else.
    Just going off the assumption that this is a straight line racer. How many actually autocross and if the OP did, the Z06 would have been right up in the car question.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Don't do it, ls1s are horrible engines
    Not to mention unreliable.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post

I disagree, c5 z06s are an amazing machine. And not as refined as c6, which makes them more badass, jmo though.

Also more nimble than a Cobra. Mod for mod the Z06 is in another league, no matter which league you put it in.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I dont mind doing the H/C/I on ls1 cars. Honestly if i got a z06 i would do H/I and just supercharge it. Like blackSS said theyre way overpriced for yesterdays technology. Its more a DD car raced every so often. The thing that bugged the shit out of me about my WS6 was everything BUT the motor fell apart on it. There is some serious design failures like the whole entire door assembly that the window motor sits on. The head lights are junk along with the water leaking tail lights. The T tops are junk. The thing really just started falling apart. It will be my DD and i really dont want to go through what i did with my old WS6 with replacing shit every other weekend. I think im going to try out a cobra. Plus they hold their value very well like the c5 vettes. Id seriously take a c5 z06 over a cobra but i just dont see me spending 23k for a stock ls1 vette that is old news.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

+1

If I was only restricted to a Ford, then I would favor the Boss 302 vs Cobra. Get almost just as much and in some areas more.

Arctic White, red/gray

I dont mind doing the H/C/I on ls1 cars. Honestly if i got a z06 i would do H/I and just supercharge it. Like blackSS said theyre way overpriced for yesterdays technology. Its more a DD car raced every so often. The thing that bugged the shit out of me about my WS6 was everything BUT the motor fell apart on it. There is some serious design failures like the whole entire door assembly that the window motor sits on. The head lights are junk along with the water leaking tail lights. The T tops are junk. The thing really just started falling apart. It will be my DD and i really dont want to go through what i did with my old WS6 with replacing shit every other weekend. I think im going to try out a cobra. Plus they hold their value very well like the c5 vettes. Id seriously take a c5 z06 over a cobra but i just dont see me spending 23k for a stock ls1 vette that is old news.
    As a DD I wouldnt want any of the cars but that is just me. The quality of parts and fit and finish used in the 03 cobra really arent any better than a f-body or vette. All the black plastic looks like reused milk jugs and pretty much the whole interior of all three feels cheap when sitting in any 20k+ car from 2012.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

As a DD I wouldnt want any of the cars but that is just me. The quality of parts and fit and finish used in the 03 cobra really arent any better than a f-body or vette. All the black plastic looks like reused milk jugs and pretty much the whole interior of all three feels cheap when sitting in any 20k+ car from 2012.
    haha yeah i agree 100%

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I don't know many cars that aren't using plastic interior.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I don't know many cars that aren't using plastic interior.
    Thing is there are many many different kinds of plastics, different ways to assemble them and different processes to make the pieces. F-bodys and Vettes while I do love them look like they were put together by Helen Keller when compared to some cars with really nice interiors.

Arctic White, red/gray

haha yeah i agree 100%
    I can tell you though after two f-bodys and now a vette the vette is better put together and designed. The interior quality is still lacking though but they are fun to drive, no doubt.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

I can tell you though after two f-bodys and now a vette the vette is better put together and designed. The interior quality is still lacking though but they are fun to drive, no doubt.
    yeah i think its either going to be a cobra or a vette.. ill have to do some thinking for sure

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

i have been debating this for awhile, and just today bought a 99 Camaro SS with 106k miles for $5300

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Pics or ban

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information