Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Day I've been looking fwd to since last year has been ruined

OK, so for the past 29 years during the last weekend of April multiple male members of my immediate family have headed to the Pocono mountians for an annual father son fishing trip. Gradually it has grown into a father son athletic laced drinking trip We have had as little as 9 and this year we are peaking at 32. The norm is around 16-18 guys. Well, 3 yrs ago this week I took my Trans Am out of its 2 yr hibernation, got it reinspected, and detailed it for 2 days in preparation for the trip and me and my good friend enjoyed the 2 hr trip up and back with the t tops off and beautiful sunny weather to boot. Last year same deal 65 and sunny and as a surprise I tossed him the keys and let him drive on the way up. He still thanks me to this day for that. I thank God we didn't get pulled over when he did 115 MPH past a state trooper hiding on a hill!

Soooooooo to my point. I refuse to check the weather until 3 days out, because 1. I don't trust weathermen before that point and 2. that gives me sufficient time to prep the TA. So I check the weather mon, mon 80 and sunny, tues 80 and sunny, wed, 80 and sunny.................with SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS moving in late wed night and lasting until around 2 PM thurs.....after that? Clear skies and 65-70 for rest of thurs, fri, sat....and sunday! Are you fucking kidding me????? We leave at 9:30 AM and arrive at 11:30, which according to multiple forecasts is going to be the peak of the bad weather!! 1 site even highlighted thurs in red bold outline and put SEVERE STORMS highlighted in the box. The one fucking day that I REALLY look fwd to cruising my TA and I'm looking at the only bad stretch of weather for that 16 hr period for the entire week! Remember the car is a garage queen...last yr? 1200 miles and 225 were from this trip alone. And before anyone says it...NO! They will not push the leaving time back until afternoon! The car doesn't go out in rain and driving in that just isn't very fun with leaky t tops, plus the ride home is with a massive hangover from partying hard sat night before we leave so I really don't enjoy that side of it. So the TA stays home, and I wait for another year!
    '00 Black Ram Air TA TR224/224 PRC 5.3 59cc Heads
    Pacesetter LT ORY Hooker CB 414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    BMR PHR, SFC,LCA & TM. Bilstein HD shocks 1LE FSB
    Firehawk Rims w/KDW Custom Headrests & Floormats

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

stop by quakertown and leave the keys with me...

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

kept thinking "fwd" Front wheel drive.... I didnt understand!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The Poconos IS awesome. Been to Mt Pocono one year and I think Pocono Manor another year. Family getaway. Gotta plan another. I love Pa. Wide open space. Pocono County, Lehigh County and Lancaster are wonderful.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

turn it into a bit of muddy trails fun with 4WD

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

Soooooooooooo.thus morning in Philly it's overcast, but not raining. I listen to the news which says the storms blew over the icty and were tracking through Montgomery county, which is on the way to the Poconos. We weren't leaving for another 2 hrs, so I thought you know what I might just drive the TA. I ended up getting talked out of it by the group and thank goodness I did, as about an hr into the ride we drove through weather so viscious that cars were pulling over on the side of the road afraid to drive in it. That + 414 RWHP would not have been a fun time!

white
    2001 transam

Hey Hurley,

How many miles do you have on your TA ?

I've got a 2001 with 21,000 miles.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

2000 with 86xxx..........last year she only saw 1200ish however, she is a complete garage queen at this point

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If she is a garage queen, why do your t-tops leak?

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

LOL 86xxx miles on a "garage queen"? That averages over 8000 miles a year, I'd bet some of it is in rain.

I used to worry about this kind of stuff with my '02, and would get all mad and crazy about it like you are. But, I've changed my ways. It's a car... enjoy it. Life is too short to worry about getting stuck in the rain.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ

t tops started leaking a few yrs back, never bothered to fix them cause it doesn't get driven in the rain anymore!

As far as how it is a garage queen with 86 k on it well I did enjoy driving the TA from 2002-2007, everyday and put alot of fun miles on her. Sat the car in 07 for a year, then a few yrs back broke her out again, threw some heads and a cam on her and now she only sees 1200-1500 a year. Why? Cause I am keeping the car forever and I am only 35, so I don't want the miles to jump to the point where I hit 125k or so, keep them limited and keep the car around for a long longggg time. I refuse to be that guy that everyone knows who is 50 or 60+ saying "Man I wish I had kept my car" That won't be me

white
    2001 transam

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    t tops started leaking a few yrs back, never bothered to fix them cause it doesn't get driven in the rain anymore!

As far as how it is a garage queen with 86 k on it well I did enjoy driving the TA from 2002-2007, everyday and put alot of fun miles on her. Sat the car in 07 for a year, then a few yrs back broke her out again, threw some heads and a cam on her and now she only sees 1200-1500 a year. Why? Cause I am keeping the car forever and I am only 35, so I don't want the miles to jump to the point where I hit 125k or so, keep them limited and keep the car around for a long longggg time. I refuse to be that guy that everyone knows who is 50 or 60+ saying "Man I wish I had kept my car" That won't be me
    There you go Buddy.
    Your thinking now!

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

ill have jw forever, but ill buy another someday to keep as a low miles baby

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

My garage queen has 21K on it. 3 years ago she had 6500 so I've been driving her more and more now. I'm like you though, I don't ever plan on getting rid of it so I try to keep the miles down, but at the same time enjoy her.

red
    95 Z28

I love how many people always say that they'll never get rid of this or that. Pretty much all of them end up getting rid of those vehicles for some reason down the road. Just drive the car and enjoy it, you wont have it forever.

BANGIN GEARS>STAB N STEER BLK2KSS's Avatar

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post

Amen to that man! I will always be that guy who HAS that car not the one who used to have this or used to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I love how many people always say that they'll never get rid of this or that. Pretty much all of them end up getting rid of those vehicles for some reason down the road. Just drive the car and enjoy it, you wont have it forever.
    I disagree man. There are the guys who kept things and the guys who don’t. The guys who don’t seem to vastly out weight the guys who do. I can honestly say that I will have my SS forever unless it gets totaled or stolen in the mean time.

Negro
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    Amen to that man! I will always be that guy who HAS that car not the one who used to have this or used to have that.

I disagree man. There are the guys who kept things and the guys who don’t. The guys who don’t seem to vastly out weight the guys who do. I can honestly say that I will have my SS forever unless it gets totaled or stolen in the mean time.
    I gotta kinda agree... i mean as cheesy as this sounds, it was the one thing i could go to and just take a drive when hardships such as my moms cancer, dads surgerys and other things along those lines came about....

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I gotta kinda agree... i mean as cheesy as this sounds, it was the one thing i could go to and just take a drive when hardships such as my moms cancer, dads surgerys and other things along those lines came about....
    True that man. Every time I’m having a bad day or whatever I always can just take a drive in the SS and at least feel a lil better about things at least while I’m driving it. Ive had my SS going on 7 years and I still spend countless hours washing it or just tinkering here and there and still catch myself just staring at her sometimes after a nice wash/wax. I truly LOVE my car!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BLK2KSS View Post
    I can honestly say that I will have my SS forever unless it gets totaled or stolen in the mean time.

Yep.... I know, I know. You and everybody else who's keeping theirs forever too.

TRIPLE BLACK
    2000 CAMARO SS M6 #2100

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Yep.... I know, I know. You and everybody else who's keeping theirs forever too.
    check back with me in 20+ years, Id bet shes still here... hopefully

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information