D.I.Y. Auto Bodywork - Body And Paint Tips

Major collision and bodywork is best left to the pros, but there's a lot of trick stuff you can do at home to make your car smoother or get it ready for paint.Here's a secret: It only takes a few well-thought-out custom mods, tricks, and techniques to set your hot rod apart from the crowd. The factories have different priorities than you do when they build a car, leaving you with some panels that aren't as smooth as they could be and generally a lot more trim and badges than you want. If you own a welder and aren't afraid to use it, it's easier than you might think to turn your hot rod into a real smoothie. We recently had a '66 Chevelle straightened and painted by Tony and T.J. Grzelakowski at Advanced Body & Color in Imlay City, Michigan. In addition to top-level body restoration, the guys showed us four mini projects that will help the car stand out for the right reasons. We also turned to the pros at Jeff Lilly Restorations in San Antonio, Texas, for some tried-and-true techniques to make the bodywork and painting experience a better one.

Photo Gallery: D.I.Y. Auto Bodywork - Trick Stuff You Can Do To Your Car At Home - Hot Rod Magazine

Photo Gallery: D.I.Y. Auto Bodywork - Trick Stuff You Can Do To Your Car At Home - Hot Rod Magazine

D.I.Y. Auto Bodywork - Body And Paint Tips | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...