Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Crazy crap happened here last night

I live in a small town on the Eastern Shore of MD, nothing much happens around here unless you count the countless number of Accidents from people traveling by on their way to the ocean and need to be medivaced out. Anyhow, after chatting with a few of you guys last night went to bed around 12 AM. Couple minutes later I here police sirens getting close. Didn't pay much attention to it, fell asleep, couple minutes later more sirens and a helicopter flying right over my house. (Not medivac, total different sound) looked outside and noticed he had search lights on. Figured they were looking for someone. Got up to make sure doors were locked and went back to bed. Little bit later medivac lands too. Turns out that a few towns away, there was a drive by shooting, our little 2 man police dept. thinks they have the "subjects in their sight" and called for back up from the Sheriff Dept. Two deputies come rolling into town (the sirens I heard) and a man is walking across the street leaving our only little tiny bar in town. They hit the poor guy and kill him. My friend is with the fire Dept and said that his body parts were scattered down the road and half of him was in the car that hit him. The sheriffs car was said to look like it hit a pole instead of a human. Only good thing was that they did actually catch the guys (4 Mexicans) that did the shootings in Marydel. I feel really sorry for the two Deputies and for the poor guy that got hit. My friend said it was the worst thing they have ever seen and never want to see anything like that again. Glad it didn't happen a couple nights ago when we left the same bar. You just don't expect this kind of crap around here. They roll up the sidewalks by 8 PM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

HOLY FUCK! that's terrible

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Man that sucks.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Yeah, it is pretty somber around here today. I had to run to Dover this morning and they had just opened the road back up. Fire trucks and police still all around. They had just finished cleaning it up. Really sad to go by there. Whole thing is really fucked up.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

That sucks!

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Since they were going after the guys when they killed other guy, how would that be put on them typically? Manslaughter? 2nd degree? 1st degree? Other?

I'm not asking "what should" i'm asking "normally what happens?"

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

I'm not sure. A good friend of mine is a police officer, I'll have to ask him. Isn't manslaughter when it is kind of out of control? I know anytime you wreck it is your fault and you don't mean to do it, but do you understand what I am asking?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

did the police arrest themselves, i'm sure they wont be held accountable for a dam thing*unfortunately,

might be a wierd question but was the man who got hit drunk, was he partly responsible for not seeing a police car with sirens and lights?
    98' SS Convertible Camaro-76k-Build # 1471, Cragar SS rims, RK SFC's, MAC Panhard, LSX Tune, Shaner S3,
    SLP:short thro,Strut tower brace,fan switch
    MTI Power induction kit,40 Series muffler,Pacesetter LT's + ORY,12 CD changer,3800lbs
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/787506/1

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

You would think he would have seen the lights and heard the sirens. I live about 5 or 6 blocks away and was in bed with the TV on and the windows closed and I heard them. I was remarking to my husband tonight that I was suprised that no one has set up like a little Memorial thing like you always see where someone was killed. Haven't heard anymore about who the guy was. My husband was saying that he wouldn't be suprised if the guys family didn't try to sue the bar for serving him so much that he would be so drunk to walk out in front of a police car. I am sure the cops were flying, like I said very few people are out here late on a week night. And I'm sure the cops adrenaline was running high too, due to the excitement and the fact that it is usually pretty calm around here. I didn't see any skid marks on the road, but they scrubbed the road down the next morning before it was opened back up. I'm sure it was covered in blood from the sounds of where the body parts were and I guess you can scrub skid marks, but I really don't know. But you would think that someone would have to be held liable. Really curious to see how all this pans out.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I was just told that they are saying it was pedestrian error! Of course, what else would you expect. Turns out the guy was a regular there on that night. Actually, he was part of the three man band that played there every week. He wasn't wasted, just a 50 something man whose life got cut short. His son, daughter in law and grandchild had just moved back to MD to be closer to him. Sad story all the way around.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sorry to hear that, maybe he's deaf because of the loud amps?

hey the police do have to speed in those cases, but it doesnt supprise me that they just shook it off

it is punishment enough for the people in the squad car, to have seen such a grotesque scene

blue
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Wow! I heard about that this morning at breakfast. I live about 20 min east of Marydel in Smyrna.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss
    sorry to hear that, maybe he's deaf because of the loud amps?

hey the police do have to speed in those cases, but it doesnt supprise me that they just shook it off

it is punishment enough for the people in the squad car, to have seen such a grotesque scene
    My friend was in the ambulance with one of the deputies before they medivaced him out, she said he was a wreck (no pun intended). I couldn't live with myself if I ever had something like that happen to me. I understand that the police have to speed, I wasn't insinuating anything, just shocked me for that to be the conclusion. The road is very straight and I can see how he might have thought they were further away than they actually were, considering how dark it is there.

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i understand

Thread Information