Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Craziest thing that's happened to one of your cars

I had a wing nut come loose and fall off the stud onto the air breather lid only to stay on top of the lid until the lid fell off.

Guess where the wing nut went? No.....not on the ground...............

It went right into the carburetor. Awesome huh?

When I pulled the engine apart, one of the pistons looked like it was beat with a ball peen hammer. I found the wing nut though......it was the size of a bb.

This was on a 1989 Sunbird back in high school.

2011 Prius

Sweeeeeettttttttt!!!!

I parked a Trans Am on it's roof...

Red
    2001 ws6

skidded on some oil in the road in my gtp and hit the curb sideways, cracked the rim in half bent my control arm, somehow the tie rod was fine...

blue
    2000 SS

the axle shaft on my Scout slid out out of the housing doing 70 down the highway and went fliping past me with the wheel still attached to it. It had no bearing noise or indication that it was going to go. The only thing I had to replace was the brake backing plate from grinding the bottom 1/2 inch off on the tar.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

back in the day when i was 17 i had a 1986 Thunderbird,and on new years eve i hit a Christmas tree.it was laying in the road(it was afterdark)on it's side and the stump end hit no more than 2 inches under my radiator.damn lucky all i got was a small dent no one would ever see.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I had a wing nut come loose and fall off the stud onto the air breather lid only to stay on top of the lid until the lid fell off.

Guess where the wing nut went? No.....not on the ground...............

It went right into the carburetor. Awesome huh?

When I pulled the engine apart, one of the pistons looked like it was beat with a ball peen hammer. I found the wing nut though......it was the size of a bb.

This was on a 1989 Sunbird back in high school.
    I had a Sunturd too..Was a POS SOHC 2.0..

Now as to the craziest thing, well there have been a few with a couple of cars I've had.. One of my favs was in my old 89 3/4ton chevy. I jumped it once and shattered my rear leaf springs.. ALL of them...

Had a 90 Grand Prix slid on some gravel @ the top of a hill once. Ended up driving through someones front yard while they were having a cook out or something. I waved and kept going, put her back on the road and got the flock outta there lol..

I tried using an old 86 4x4 chevy pickup to move a stuck tractor trailer once. Got pissed and let about 5ft of slack in the chain and punched it. When it got to the end of the chain truck bounced so high stood that fugger on its front bumper! The force of the impact caused me to fold the steering wheel over..

Doing about 60 mph once in a buddies old 87 Cavalier, came to a long steap down hill grade in the road. I hit the brakes only to hear, :FuPSSSSSSSSSSSSS and the brake peddle went strait to the floor. Good thing it was a 5spd! Tacked it up and jammed 2nd to slow it down..

Took a head off an old 350 once tripped on a f'in floor jack. Yup, landed flat and slid like 10 feet on its gasket surface. Got pissed grabbed the jack and threw it with all my might, only to have the jack handle come up and smash me in the mouth as I let go of it..

Hit a pothole in my 90 Grand Prix with the rear tire. All of a sudden there's this loud grinding noise. So I limp it home pull the wheel and found that the brake rotor surface had broken away from its center like a dounut. Never saw that one happen b4..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

blue
    1975 camaro

My car ran good one day. Out of fucking nowere!!!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

blew donuts in a gravel parking lot with my 1990 volvo 240 wagon, hit a pot hole, thing started running like shit, limped it home only to find 2 of the 4 spark plug wires had popped off

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

i came out of working at a bar downtown one night to find not one, but ALL of my windows, sunroof included, on my exploder. kicker is, they stole NOTHING. just broke my windows

i guess that's not really my car doing it though. other than that ... my TA eats things ... i found an orange balloon on a subframe bolt, a hot dog wrapper under my air filter and a spark plug under my motor mount

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

my trans am... has the crank split in half at the track... it managed to catch on itself when it spun around so that i was able to drive it... drove it home following my buddies viper venom and it felt like i was in a friggin earthquake... my teeth, eyes and head fucking hurt so bad when i got home...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

other than the 3 wrecks I put my last ws6 through....while I was making a 4.5 hour trip to pittsburgh from cincy, I lost a bolt from the front brake bracket. Luckily I was outside of a major shopping area, so I pulled into the first "car" place I found, and they tossed a new bolt on for me. Fucking awesome guys. Didnt' charge me. I was super lucky, it was like 7:30 on a friday night!

Black
    99 Z-28

I have a few good ones. My buddy was restoring a 50's chevy truck and we were driving to our friends house who happened to live on a steep hill. The bed sliped off the frame broke the bolts off. Same friend different car this time we were in his k5 and the driveshaft just fell out while we were driving. I had a wheel fall off after getting my camaro serviced at chevy. T top flew off on the freeway, that was the scariest of all. I had the cotter pin that holds the tie rod castle nut somehow break off which in turn loosened the nut. I was on the freewayand started to feel like the car wouldn't turn smoothly got off on the way to my girlfriends. The tie rod finally popes off on her street. Thank god I was not on the freeway.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Not mine but I was riding with my girlfriend in her 2000 ford 3/4 ton powerstroke pulling her enclosed horse trailer when the rpm's and mph shot up, so she pulled over, we checked the tires and they looked fine so we called her dad he said the tranny must have went and he was on his way. She was still like a foot onto the slow lane of the interstate so I was like if the tranny is f'd its f'd and it won't hurt for me to try to move it, went into gear fine, moved it like 2 feet and the back passenger side of the truck sank so I got out and looked and all 8 studs had busted off the back passenger side tire. We were so lucky that didn't happen at 70mph.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Parked a Trans Am, lengthwise between two trees, where the distance between those two trees was shorter than the length of the car.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

When I bought the S4 I knew it needed upper control arms in the front so I had the owner, who was selling it, replace the old ones. He dose and I go buy the car from him, get in the car and drive off and I notice a loud clunking sound. I drive it the next day and same thing so I decide I need to take it in and get the sound checked out but in the mean time I have to drive it to school and back. So Im driving along and up ahead were some old rail road tracks so I slow down, go over them and BAM! The car on the pass side fell onto the wheel. The dumb ass who installed the control arms forgot to tighten the pass side and the bolt fell off which in turn made the body of the car fall onto the wheel. Seeing how I just bought the car I was doing 100+ the night before just testing it out. So with luck I was only going about 5mph when this happened but could have been a lot worse.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

oh... i hit a bear in my TA... going from my parents house to my old house (the road is very curvey and it was getting dark) i go around a corner and mid way i see what i thought was a large dog up a head so i jamed on my breaks and it tumbled along the side of my car... i looked behind me to see if it was ok (no way in hell i'm getting out to help an injured animal) and i seen it stand up on its hind legs... at that point i said "fuck this i'm out of here!!!" rushed home and i called my mom and dad to tell them what happened... my mom said "suuuuuuure" and didn't believe me... 2 hours later they called me to tell me that the neigbor called and said a bear is eating their neighbors bird feeders... i said "suuuuure there is"... no damage was done to my car just a shit load of fur on it...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Couple of things:

1 - When I ETS'd I had to drive from Colorad Springs, Colorado to Los Angeles California so I rented a small U-Haul trailer to get everything I owned back home. That plus a packed car (this was the 69 Chevelle SS) going down the I10 at 55 mph (it was the speed limit at the time).

I got to about Barstow when a guy pulls up along side me and says, "There's sparks coming out from under your car." I pulled over, looked under the car and saw the right rear shock hanging from the axle. Thankfully not much damage. I tied it up and got off the hiway and went to a service station. They let me fix it in their shop. Turns out the 2 bolts that hold it at the top had come out. I didn't notice it as I had put station wagon springs in the rear to keep the ass end up high enough to clear the N50-15 Pro Trac tires that were on it (HEY! Don't laugh.Yes, the tires stuck out from under the wheel well a bit and, yes, the shocks were Gabriel Hi-Jackers. It was the 70's after all and that was the style at the time).

2 - I was in the 67 Chevy II driving down the road and came to a red light. Put on the brakes, the steering wheel starts to shake violently. POP! BANG! and I'm riding on 3 wheels. The right side upper ball joint (the load bearing joint on 62-67 Chevy II's as they have inverted spring front suspension similar to a Mustang) comes out of it's socket, breaks the lower ball joint at the stud and the whole assembly rips lose from the tie rod assembly. I watch as the wheel (with brakes and everything else attached to it) takes a right turn into the sand and I sail on through the intersection turning slightly to the right (it was riding on what was left of the steering assembly). I was at the front in the right lane and everybody saw what was happening so nobody tried to go through the intersection (and it was in the boonies so no curbs). The car goes in between the turn signal assembly and the street sign hitting neither. I breathe a sigh of relief, get out and go to get the tire/brake assembly (it was about 20 feet away). As I return to the car a cop pulls up, gets out and proceeds to render assistance. Calls a wrecker and I have the car towed home where I repair it. I rebuilt the front end. There wasn't even any body damage.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Going 50mph I had the driver side rear wheel bust all five lugs on my ws6 and came off. When I got home I cut my 100lb torque stick in half and threw it in the garbage.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Put a tree stump through the floor of a '96 tracker...

Parked my 02 Z under a guide rail that was 18" off the ground...

Split my fuel filter open when off roading in my '94 cherokee and left a trail of flames on the ground for about 100 feet...

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Sweeeeeettttttttt!!!!

I parked a Trans Am on it's roof...

i spun out in my firbird while trying to 'drift' coming off the highway, ended up nicely parked, tightly, between two road signs with with two flat tires and amazingly NO DAMAGE

also one of the rims was so chewed up i had to put globs of JB weld around the edges and sand it smooth, i'm so glad i dont have that pos anymore

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information