Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 WS6

Christopher Nolan talks Batman 3, Superman

I saw this article this morning and I thought I'd share. I'm kinda sad to know he's only going to direct one more batman movie. I like what he's done with the batman franchise. They'll have to go big to beat Dark knight (which i thought should have been the third cuz of how big of a movie it was). I'm also interested to see what he does with superman. I liked the last superman movie as a re-introduction to superman after 20 some years. what are your guys' thoughts?
    http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...-superman.html

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

For me, there is really only one answer. In my opinion this was the single masterpiece that re-launched Batman (and it would serve to re-invent Superman as well):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I agree and have thought Miller as one of the better writers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tnthub View Post
    For me, there is really only one answer. In my opinion this was the single masterpiece that re-launched Batman (and it would serve to re-invent Superman as well):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Knight_Returns

Click for full size

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

As much as I like the Dark Knight movies for Batman, I've always been a Wolverine and Punisher fan, so I don't know most of the history of BM. War Zone, started out good then went really bad with jigsaw. The one with Travolta was the best one by far. The last Wolverine was a good step to break out away from the Xmen series, but they need to do the Wolverine saga to really get fans on board. In regards to the next Batman film, IMHO it will be super hard to top the last one. Ledger out done the main character and I don't think no one will be able to top is spin on the Joker.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    As much as I like the Dark Knight movies for Batman, I've always been a Wolverine and Punisher fan, so I don't know most of the history of BM. War Zone, started out good then went really bad with jigsaw. The one with Travolta was the best one by far. The last Wolverine was a good step to break out away from the Xmen series, but they need to do the Wolverine saga to really get fans on board. In regards to the next Batman film, IMHO it will be super hard to top the last one. Ledger out done the main character and I don't think no one will be able to top is spin on the Joker.
    Kinda agree .. I would love to see a JLA like they did the X MEN

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I agree. I loved the travolta punisher. Thomas jane was filming the second one, and then walked off set because it was going too far away from what he believed was the punisher (maybe went too soft?). He did some hardcore training for the role. It will be tough to outdo the dark knight because it grew exponentially because of ledger's death. I'd hate to see the final film be a scaled down movie. It would be like having sex, and the girl orgasims before you and just stops.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i'd like to see hanyman prevail for once...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEaTFKG4IHs[/ame]

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i just read the article and i have to disagree with nolan on the idea that the batman movies can't go on forever like the comics. i believe that they could with talented and dedicated writers and great actors. but i'm still excited to see it when it comes out.

superman...i dunno.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

it depends, the Frank Miller era - I don't think so. However, it's a comic that can always be freshen up through out the times.

Example, next yr Cpt America is coming out and from what I have read they are sticking with the original storyline (Nazis, Red Skull, etc) and not try to make it come from OIF/OEF. Even though I think they should.

Another example - The Hulk, the same story keeps getting retold and re-done what 4 times now?!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

I agree that Nolan did a great job with Batman and I think he would be great with Superman.

I have to disagree with the OP on the last Superman movie though.

Superman Returns stunk up the series. Keep Bryan Singer FAR FAR away (and the studio is. Singer is not doing the next one, hallelujah)

When the highpoint of the movie comes 30 minutes in and its all downhill from there (come on, a kryptonite island? oooohhh scary!!! And Superman beats it up!) you're in for a turd-fest.

Would love to see Nolan pit Supes against Metallo, Darkseid, or Doomsday, someone that can actually make Superman have to FIGHT for the win.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

I think you can only do so many Batman, Superman and Hulk movies. Like another poster said, how many times are you gonna retell the story
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

If the upcoming Green Lantern movie is successful, then I think we will see a Justice League movie in the near future.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    If the upcoming Green Lantern movie is successful, then I think we will see a Justice League movie in the near future.
    always liked GL .. but there is also Green Arrow, Wonder Woman, Flash, and WOW if Tim Burton could do a ManThing .. that would be cool...

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Quote Originally Posted by 2000LS1Bird View Post
    Ryan Reynolds is the GL.

Unfortunately, for some reason that reminds me of Ben Affleck as DareDevil.

Not a good omen.

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    I agree that Nolan did a great job with Batman and I think he would be great with Superman.

I have to disagree with the OP on the last Superman movie though.

Superman Returns stunk up the series. Keep Bryan Singer FAR FAR away (and the studio is. Singer is not doing the next one, hallelujah)

When the highpoint of the movie comes 30 minutes in and its all downhill from there (come on, a kryptonite island? oooohhh scary!!! And Superman beats it up!) you're in for a turd-fest.

Would love to see Nolan pit Supes against Metallo, Darkseid, or Doomsday, someone that can actually make Superman have to FIGHT for the win.
    I think a metallo would be good, but you couldnt just throw people into action like that. What singer was trying to do was re introduce superman. You couldnt just have all these characters come in and all this action. REmember, alot of the people who saw that movie probably didnt see the other movies. So what I think he was gonna do was use this as a feeler, as a reintroduction to see if he could inject the modern society with superman. I look at it that way, a feeler movie, then if its a hit, then u bring in some big gun enemies. I agree it wasnt the strongest plot, but you have to look at it for what it was. Alot of people didnt know who superman was. imo

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    I think you can only do so many Batman, Superman and Hulk movies. Like another poster said, how many times are you gonna retell the story
    they haven't explored all of the villains or storylines though. batman has dozens of villains who appear in the comics and the animated series and animated movies yet only a half dozen have appeared in movies. there's a lot more that can be done with character development. that's why batman begins was so incredible. it was new villains which haven't been in the movies before and a whole new storyline which hadn't been explored before.

Black
    2001 WS6

exactly. look at the bond franchise. 23 movies now?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    exactly. look at the bond franchise. 23 movies now?
    and his technology and cars keep gettin kooler with each movie and new technology and ideas. the same can easily be applied to a billionaire night time vigilante.

Black
    2001 WS6

thats true. If you have good writers and a good director you can go on for ages. The thing I didnt like about dark knight was that he got too technological in the end. I wasnt a fan of the infared goggled cowl, and how he lost the power once and couldnt see.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

it wasn't infrared was it? i thought that it was a complex algorithm which used cell phone frequencies to paint a picture of his surroundings so he could see through walls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information