98 Formula
    06 duramax

cell phone took a shit...any cell phone gurus?

Ok, first there needs to be a short lead in to this story. We had sprint....I liked sprint....my wife talked to her sister a billion minutes a month who had verizon so sprint would spank our ass on minutes every month....my wife switched us to verizon....I've been pissed off about it ever since. I never had an issue with sprint dropping calls. My verizon phone drops calls every single time I'm on it in my own damn house. There are not enough adjectives in the english language to describe how pissed off I get. My wife and I have went at it many many times over it. Of course in the end it's always my fault, I knew that going in. I just try to share the pissed off feelings within the house.
    It's 100% my shitty phone I think but here's the real kicker.....there are 2 cell phone towers ~1 mile from our house. I live in the sticks for the most part but you tell me 1 of those towers ain't verizon? I also thought the companies shared towers but might be wrong on that one.
    So I was talking to a buddy of mine last night and cell phones came up. After I went on a 15 minute rant about how pissed off I was about mine he said I could dial *2288 and it would program my phone to the towers in my area. When we switched carriers the phones got here right before we went back home for my moms funeral. My wife set the phones up in Missouri so his theory held water. I came home and tried it but it kept dropping the damn call. I get up today and my phone is pretty much useless. When I turn it on it immediately tries to dial 741. The send button or 1-4-7-star buttons no longer work at all. This will really blow your mind. I got a call on it today from a wrong number I guess because I couldn't understand the guy and he hung up after saying "hello" a couple of times. The only reason I answered the phone was because the frigin number was 241-51026...that's not a mis-print....the guys phone number had 5 digits. I left out the area code because I don't want to put someones number on the web but it was from out of state.
    I'm gonna call verizon tomorrow when I feel I can talk to them without cussing and see if they can straighten it out but I was wondering if anyone has had this happen before and what the issue was? It's a nokia phone and I'd have to look up the model number but I'm sure it's model # piece of shit 101.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

got the same damn problem with tmobile, would love to hear some answers if anyone has em

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think I liked the world so much better when there were no cell phones

Too Old For Your Crap. kmassner's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I think I liked the world so much better when there were no cell phones
    Your avitar is killing me.

"Why the fuck isnt the officer on duty stomping his fucking ass?"

Or am I too old and Full Metal Jacket references are so "hella ole skool"

Too Old For Your Crap. kmassner's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by kmassner View Post
    Your avitar is killing me.

"Why the fuck isnt the officer on duty stomping his fucking ass?"

Or am I too old and Full Metal Jacket references are so "hella ole skool"
    Whoops... Didn't intend a hijack. Blame the beer.
    "If my mother was tied up and held ransom, I might think about making a light beer."
    -- Greg Koch, CEO and co-founder of Stone Brewing

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

IMHO get att and get a family plan of three lines. One for you, one for your wife and one fore her sister. They can talk as much as they want even untill their battery dies. Its free. And for you get yourself an IPhone. Its a cool little toy. Take LS1.COM every where you go.

One thing I learned about signal streght. For the best signal, two things has to come into play. A good phone company and a good cell phone. Let me give you an example; I have an att family plan that consists of Four lines. My line, my mothers and two of my grandmothers. Last month we were all at a restaurant and I compared signals between the four phones. Mine is an IPhone and I had 4 out of 5 signal bars. My mother has a motorola L6 and she had 1 out of 5 bars and both of my grandmothers have LG phones, but different models and both had no signals. We were deep inside the restaurant where people with Nextel and Tmobiles had no signals what so ever.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I like verizon and have been with them for years. Have you checked or howardforums.com. You say there are 2 cell towers close by. Ive read you can alter you prl somehow so it will pick up that tower closet to you. *228 number 1 does a total program with the newest prl (preferred roaming list )(I think) *228 number just updates the list currently at 50960. Ive also heard that if you set the phone it home only mode and not automatic reception will be better. If you travel out of your area change it back.
    The signal bar just gives a small representation of the actual signal. You would have to be in service mode to actuall see the db. Talk to verizon and maybe they will switch out the phone.

if i could take ls1.com with me to work i wouldnt get anything done

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Sprint here....I agree\ with you...I have NEVER in the 5 years with sprint have I ever had a drop call. Untill now I thought it was an urban legend.

i used to have sprint. i hated it. the only coverage it provided at least in my area is interstate travel and the city i live in, it would not cover the surrounding communities at all.
    I have alltel now, seems to be ok

Thread Information