Thread: Car got Egged!!

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

Car got Egged!!

Well i left my car outside my girlfriends house to help her find her dog, and was only away for about 15 minutes. Come back and find and egg on the side of the car. I know who did it but when me and buddy when over to the kids house to kick some ass the mom came outside threating to call the cops, and the fact that there all 16 and where 20 doesnt help. Anyways i know what eggs are capable of and immediately took it to a car wash, it couldnt have been on the car for more than 20 minutes. And it was dark outside which helps. My car is black and the paint was immaculate, now theres a big white spiral where the egg impacted the door. Is there anyway to fix this myself or do i need to have a shop do this? Ive heard this is actually egg shell sticking to the car but it looks and feels like it took the paint off to me. Any advice would be helpful.

get some buffering compound... I used that to get small door dings and scratches out.
    I don't know what the hell it's called but it is sold at Walmart, brownish liquid, put it on a towel and buffer out that area... then I'd have the car taken to a detail shop and have them machine buffer and wax that car nicely for $50 or whatever.

Silver
    2004 SVT Cobra

I tried buffing on it today. I think its going to need repainted. Theres no paint left where the egg impacted.

all you need is a witness and you can sue the kids/parents at the small claims court or something.

I hate that spiral your talking about. My truck got egged and it left those all over the door. The only way to get rid of them is to re paint. its like small chips. I even had a kid once shoot my truck while i was driving by with a air soft gun. i stopped got out took the gun called the cops and he cried and said sorry. The stupid moron was only 14 and i was 19 nothing i could do.

I'm just gonna throw this idea out there, first it's illegal and against the board rules to bounce ideas online like this and commenting on doing harm to someone else's car, secondly think of a legal way to file a suit and resolve this issue of yours. my 2 cents. it's sad that this happened to your car.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    I'm just gonna throw this idea out there, first it's illegal and against the board rules to bounce ideas online like this and commenting on doing harm to someone else's car, secondly think of a legal way to file a suit and resolve this issue of yours. my 2 cents. it's sad that this happened to your car.
    sorry didnt know and will stop

thanks guys...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

No more payback posts in this thread. If you have a solution to his problem then feel free to help him out but don't recommend ways to get even.

08 Mustang GT/CS Blue
    2002 Trans Am WS6 traded

sorry man!!! You may have read, i came out from work several weeks back and found 2-3 eggs across the front and hood of my bird. Went directly to the car wash and got it all off and haven't noticed any adverse effects. I keep it waxed well, and the egg came off rather easily--so maybe that would help in the future. However, for now I think you would have best luck approaching the kid's parents calmly and sensibly about the situation--(not with 5 of your closest buds...know it's tempting ) Maybe call them and summarize what happened, set up a time to meet, and bring pictures and 2-3 legitimate estimates to have it repaired. Most of the time if you are respectful and reasonable adults will listen. If they are unwilling to take responsibility after all of that, I would then inform them that I was seeking legal advice as to how to recover my losses. Sorry for the long post, damn beer!

Thread Information