Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    99 Z28

Calling Child protective services....

Or maybe I should stay out of it.....at what point do you make it YOUR business? The kid isn't physically beaten, so rule that out as your response of when it's time to do something...

I'll elaborate after I've gotten some of your responses, but at what point would you personally say, it's time to do something.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if you know the family well enough to speculate.

if the kid looks like a bruised banana

if the parents bully the kid in public.

if the kid is in fear of speaking b/c the parents are nearby.

if you've seen the kid get attacked.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

No Way!
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    Or maybe I should stay out of it.....at what point do you make it YOUR business? The kid isn't physically beaten, so rule that out as your response of when it's time to do something...

I'll elaborate after I've gotten some of your responses, but at what point would you personally say, it's time to do something.
    Honestly, I believe it is better if you tell the situation when asking for advice as there is a lot of gray areas in this.

For instance, kid always has bruises but you never see him/her playing outside. You file a complaint only to find out it keeps happening at day care or at the playground, parents know about it and you end up looking like an ass.

NBM
    99 TA

The kid isn't physically beaten
    emotional abuse can be worse on a child at a young age, then physical abuse... thats why kids turn out to be serial killers

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i need more to go on, i have two kids also.
    please give examples.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

what do they say/ do?

Unless it is sexual abuse, or physical please do not waste thier time. Calling them over some verbal abuse is a waste of time because they will not remove the child they either have them go to counseling, or do nothing and it becomes worse afterwards.

If he was touched by an angel....

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z View Post
    If he was touched by an angel....
    If the halo dont fit....

Black
    99 Z28

Well, there's the usual fighting and screaming at each other between mom and dad. Obviously they'd do nothing for that, but it's also the yelling at a 4 year old telling him he's completely worthless and screaming to the point of going hoarse. It's the fact that the house smells bad and it upon peaking inside, there's garbage, old food, a huge case of just nastiness everywhere. Just peeking into their place, looking down the length of their kitchen, there was not a square inch that I'd eat food from. There were dishes piled literally a foot high or more down the full length of the counter space. (It's like that all the time). The place where the dining room table should be, has a table, covered in pack rat shit and garbage. I gave them a vaccuum a few months ago when I bought a new one. I don't think they've ever used it. There's just nastiness everywhere in the place.

One night when I came home early from work (around 2 or 3 am), I found their little boy outside walking around outside in the lawn. Dad was asleep. I actually found mom out in the garage, but she had no idea he was out.

They were with out power in their place for more than 6 months (Leeching off of a neighbor via extension cord - with permission). The fact that his birthday THIS year was the second time they told me it's his 3rd birthday. (to cover for bad parenting I would guess). Just a couple of months ago, he finally stopped carrying around a bottle. He's still working on the potty training, to the extent of them still needing to purchase diapers on a regular baises. He's sort of able to talk now. He can say my name pretty good, kind of says "what's up" when you ask him. Definitely not at the point where a 4 or even 3 year old should be talking.

Dad smokes pot day in-day out. Dad finally got thrown in jail for being caught driving on a suspended driver's license in her car with no insurance. They still drive it, or at least they did until they lost the only set of keys to it. I at least take comfort that they're not driving.

I've never seen any sort of physical abuse and I would never suspect any sort of sexual abuse, but a child should not live in those conditions. A child shouldn't learn that as "normal" behavior.

Oh yeah... she's just found out that she's likely pregnant again.

I would call....now.

Well, there's the usual fighting and screaming at each other between mom and dad. Obviously they'd do nothing for that, but it's also the yelling at a 4 year old telling him he's completely worthless and screaming to the point of going hoarse. It's the fact that the house smells bad and it upon peaking inside, there's garbage, old food, a huge case of just nastiness everywhere. Just peeking into their place, looking down the length of their kitchen, there was not a square inch that I'd eat food from. There were dishes piled literally a foot high or more down the full length of the counter space. (It's like that all the time). The place where the dining room table should be, has a table, covered in pack rat shit and garbage. I gave them a vaccuum a few months ago when I bought a new one. I don't think they've ever used it. There's just nastiness everywhere in the place.

One night when I came home early from work (around 2 or 3 am), I found their little boy outside walking around outside in the lawn. Dad was asleep. I actually found mom out in the garage, but she had no idea he was out.

They were with out power in their place for more than 6 months (Leeching off of a neighbor via extension cord - with permission). The fact that his birthday THIS year was the second time they told me it's his 3rd birthday. (to cover for bad parenting I would guess). Just a couple of months ago, he finally stopped carrying around a bottle. He's still working on the potty training, to the extent of them still needing to purchase diapers on a regular baises. He's sort of able to talk now. He can say my name pretty good, kind of says "what's up" when you ask him. Definitely not at the point where a 4 or even 3 year old should be talking.

Dad smokes pot day in-day out. Dad finally got thrown in jail for being caught driving on a suspended driver's license in her car with no insurance. They still drive it, or at least they did until they lost the only set of keys to it. I at least take comfort that they're not driving.

I've never seen any sort of physical abuse and I would never suspect any sort of sexual abuse, but a child should not live in those conditions. A child shouldn't learn that as "normal" behavior.

Oh yeah... she's just found out that she's likely pregnant again.

Well call CPS what they will do is give them a week to clean the house, and have the child in proper clothes with food in the fridge. They will either check in from day to day until tis done, or suprise check once every 2 days.

If you see the house is a mess again whn they stop coming call again.

Living situations can get a child taken from the home, however alot of times CPS workers could give a shit less aslong as the child is fed, and not being abused. It is so hard to find children a place to stay they have to go on a worst case gets first dibs kind of thing.

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

yep i agree call at least something will be done. if not call again a week later, then have another person call, then another you get the idea the more complaints the better. they may just take the kid/kids.
    ps time for you to move i had that simialr situation way back but i was younger and just shook my head wish i would have done something. even more so now after having kids.

Black
    2001 Pontiac

A child shouldn't learn that as "normal" behavior.
    There ya go, ya answered yer own question, ...
    Are they on the phone now?!?

Not to take the child away, but to simply help them clean up their act.
    I wouldn't want my child taken away under any circumstances.

Impounded
    if you do call, and the kid is ever taken from the home, you better not let them get a hint you called on them, because people can get crazy when it comes to their kids. yea it's their own fault, but to them they don't see anything wrong with living like that or they wouldnt be. so they will just see you as the guy who made them lose their kid. better be carefull, but to your question, yea i think those people need to get some help.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Seems a bit severe to make the call right now. What are your other options? So mom doesn't keep house and dad doesn't care. Who are you? Kid has no physical abuse symptoms. Maybe your hearing mom yell "Your Worthless" to the dad? How do you know? Peeking in the windows or something? Don't get me wrong. I seen a dad jab his 5 yr. old in the nose in the Walmart checkout line once. I went ape shit on him in front of everyone. A real big disturbance that day. I just don't think you got enough to justify this call yet. Alot of kids live in ghetto atmospheres.
    Maybe some other options are to get your neighbors to pitch in for a month of maid service for now. anonymous gift cert. May sound corny but at least you wouldn't be causing more pain than there already is for the family. I guess I'm trying too say that the phnoe call can be made anytime as long as there is no imminent danger to the child. Meantime try something positive first.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Call the cops and straight up MURDER those pieces of shit!

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Those people have absolutely NO business raising a child.

From what you have described, there would be no problem with the authorities removing the the child from that environment if they were here in Florida.

Would you like me to make the call?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information