Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Buying/Trading on the interwebz

Just wanted to ask a few quick questions and see what others have to say

I'm looking into buying a set of wheels (expensive) 22nd hand, and also looking to trade a set of wheels for another persons wheels with cash on their end.

The question i have is how do i make sure i get what i paid for? I realize paypal is one way to deal with it but its not exactly the safest way to do business dealing with anything very costly.
    And how do i get the cash and verify the other person has shipped out the wheels i am to receive in the trade?

I'm not looking to get scammed nor scam anyone just want to know if anyone has any good suggestions about this

Any input helps

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

As the buyer:
    1) Ask questions, get the history, request pictures, flat out ask the 'honest condition' of the parts, do research, get informed.

2) Payment, I personally prefer meeting in a public place. Error on the side of caution. If it doesnt feel right, dont commit to doing business with the other party. Cash talks, period! I use Paypal as well, and before I ship anything, I make sure the funds are in my bank account. Always state the buyer covers the 3% PayPal fee.

3) Shipping, ask how they will send the parts (USPS, Fed Ex, UPS), request a tracking number. honest sellers disclose this in normal conversation.

As the seller:

1) Be honest by disclosing the true condition of what you're selling. Post up pictures, and state who covers shipping, etc.

2) Be reasonable with expectations. You will be low-balled, those ass-clowns are out there. I do business with the people who want to do business. I ignore the rest. Stand firm in your asking price, and be able to justify if asked. But typically if you price aggressively, most will meet your price without question. First party to give me money gets the part. I don't hold anything for anyone. However, if it's not moving, I keep in contact with all interested parties.

3) Remember, you're selling to do business. Be prompt with the buyer and ship as soon as you can. Tell them you will provide a tracking number. Communication is from all parties involved.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I understand all that and have asked more than i need and got the pictures i requested but my question is if i'm trading one set of wheels for another and cash, what would be the best way to go about this? If the person sends me cash and i send out my wheels, how do i know his set is on its way to me?

Am i making any sense??

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Is this a board member? Or are you dealing with someone off Craigs list or something like that?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Is this a board member? Or are you dealing with someone off Craigs list or something like that?
    Board member
    Not calling the other member a liar or scammer, just watching out for both of our interests
    I wanna be assured he gets what he wants and vice versa

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

In this case, since your wheels are of greater value, the other party needs to send you their wheels and difference in cash, before you send them yours. You have more to lose if you if the transaction is done the other way. Yes, as corny as it sounds there is etiquitte.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It's all a matter of trust and taking chances. Especially when you're talking about big bucks. Tough call.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I guess ill look into it a little more. Hopefully everything should work out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    In this case, since your wheels are of greater value, the other party needs to send you their wheels and difference in cash, before you send them yours. You have more to lose if you if the transaction is done the other way. Yes, as corny as it sounds there is etiquitte.
    this

Thread Information