'10 ZR1

Brock Lesnar may never fight again

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/4975.html

major surgery appears to be imminent -

that would really suck........

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

that would really suck...

Lesnar has the skills and drive to be one of the best heavy weights ever.

can only hope he heals and comes back strong... an illness can ruin a fighter forever.

mono+intestinal issues... would be nice once an official report is released from dana white or brock himself

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Featured Columnist
    Brock Lesnar Needs Surgery, May Never Fight Again by Joe Burgett
    Joe Burgett Senior Writer, Featured Columnist
    Senior Writer Written on November 16, 2009 According to reports, Dana White is trying to get UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar into the world famous Mayo Clinic and tells TMZ that Lesnar has some kind of intestinal disorder that will require major surgery.

White has told people that Lesnar is very, very sick—and he could never fight again.

It is said that he had collapsed in Canada a week ago after going there to rest up after being diagnosed with mono.

People need to realize that it is possible the mono, which makes people sick for some time, is most likely the reason Lesnar collapsed. People shouldn't hinge on the word "collapsed" either, as it may be that he was running a fever and the room started spinning and he fell over. So, it's not like he went into a coma or started having a seizure.

Mono has been known to be vicious on people. Most people are sick for weeks with just the normal kind of mono, but it can get far worse, which has to be what Lesnar has.

The intestinal issue, better known as a gastrointestinal issue, is something I am very familiar with, as I have a similar issue. I can tell you that if he has to have major surgery, he will heal very slowly.

The intestines, which would be where the surgery would take place, heal slower than any bone, muscle, etc. As organs that do so much for one to break down food and get to the bowels for it to, well, exit the body, both the small and large intestines are very important to the body.

The one thing that will be noticeable is the loss of weight, which as a fighter is very important. He runs close to 270 when he fights, and if he goes down, say, to 220, that is a significant weight advantage lost for Lesnar.

Also, right now if the intestines are not working well, it causes the gallbladder to do a lot, which, if it has to do too much, causes gallstones. It's possible that his has to do so much that it will immediately stop working one day, which would make him end up having to take it out.

It's not a terrible surgery, as it is usually done with lasers. I have had mine out, and the toughest part is the first week. I missed only two weeks of school, and it took maybe three to four months to be at 100 percent.

But I am not a professional athlete though, so Lesnar could do better if he has to have it taken out.

The intestines are something that you cannot play around with. Even after surgery and rehabbing to get better, there may not be a future as a pro fighter, simply because the intestines cannot take punishment all the time.

As an MMA fighter, people will go after his abdominal area, and if he comes back to fight, people will go straight for his weakness. You cannot blame them for that, as they are supposed to do whatever they have to do to win.

If it's legal, they will do it. Heck, sometimes they will even if it's not.

The intestinal area may take a lot to come back from, and through it all they will probably give him dexpanthenol and choline, which when compounded can really help the intestinal area break down food and help it move better through the intestinal tract.

It is given more commonly to people who have impaired stomach emptying, and it could work for Lesnar now.

Still, it is only to treat the intestines and not something that will heal them. Lesnar may never fight again simply for his health. He could either fight through the pain (literally) in every fight and for the rest of his life, as it will cause even more damage to the area, or he could possibly let his intestines heal and live a normal life outside of the octagon.

Now, White has not been saying much—just filling in the media little by little while trying to keep things private, which is understandable. He also claimed that he knew what was wrong with Lesnar but wouldn't reveal it.

Still though, if we ever see Lesnar in the octagon again, I'd be surprised. But if he does come back, it won't be for a long time, maybe years.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Damn, that sucks. I have relatives who suffer from GI disorders and it is NOT fun.

white
    1997 dodge dakota

Maybe he just has bad gas

Thread Information