1966 Corvette Coupe

Bought an 05 636

So I bought a bike today... My first one... its an 05 636... has 10k miles on it and is in pretty good shape... Got it for $5300 which isnt wonderful, but with the way bikes are getting more and more popular I'm not worried about loosing too much cash on it when i decide to sell it...

No pics yet, but I did put like 100 miles on it today...

Ill get some pics b4 long... Its been a lil riced out so i have some dericing to do, but should be in pretty good shape by next spring...

-me

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

nice. kawi makes a good bike in just about every category and the 636 is one of the good ones for sure. what all mods have been done to it? i just got my '03 sv1000s back on the road today after doin plugs...just gotta grab a k&n filter for it now and i'm all set.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    So I bought a bike today... My first one... its an 05 636... has 10k miles on it and is in pretty good shape... Got it for $5300 which isnt wonderful, but with the way bikes are getting more and more popular I'm not worried about loosing too much cash on it when i decide to sell it...

No pics yet, but I did put like 100 miles on it today...

Ill get some pics b4 long... Its been a lil riced out so i have some dericing to do, but should be in pretty good shape by next spring...

-me
    congrats!!! i need a bike... but i need a harley soft tail with a 45ยบ rake and some ape hangers and a nice custom paint job by HR geiger...

1966 Corvette Coupe

Muzzy exhaust and it was lowered... We raised it back up and pulled some leds from under the fairings... there are a few things like the tank protector is a grimreeper... and it has "Rave Naked" on the windshild, and like 4 shocker stickers on it... just needs some non ricer TLC...

-me

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Muzzy exhaust and it was lowered... We raised it back up and pulled some leds from under the fairings... there are a few things like the tank protector is a grimreeper... and it has "Rave Naked" on the windshild, and like 4 shocker stickers on it... just needs some non ricer TLC...

-me

rave naked.. lets do some E at a rave then ride a bike???

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

good call on taking the lowering link out...that would drive me nuts. exhaust is good...like you say stickers gotta go but i prolly would have left the led's in there if they lit things up nicely and matched color.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

This being your first bike....I hope you can handle it. I think it has way too much power for beginner, thats why Im getting a 250R soon to learn on.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Well here is my thing about starting on a 250...

If i were younger like 16 (or 14 since you can ride a 250 then) i would say get a smaller bike. And yes this thing can get away from you fast, but im so freaking scared of it that I have ony gotten on it in a couple of straight aways...

Also i've been driving fast cars for years now... so i know throttle control and can read curves pretty good... If i were you I would start out on nothing less than a ninja 650 (parrelell twin is nowhere near as fast as an inline 4)... and even on the 636 its tame under 5 grand... starts pulling ok at about 6.5k (you can pull through a curve at about 7 and not think it gonna run from you)... but you get it up to around 11k (which like i said ive done maybe once) and that SOB will try to throw you off the back... You better be ready for anything over 10K...

Within a few months your gonna need more... I mean ive got like 5 hours of seat time on big bikes and i can run the hills around here at 65 to 75 mph and be comfortable... I wouldnt recommend a tiny bike...

-me
    Last edited by predator; 07-19-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

I learned on a 86 Ninja 250R, bike was in great shape. The next year I sold it for what I payed and bought a 01 ZX6R. Well Here I am now I traded in the bike about 5 yeas ago on my Z28.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Well here is my thing about starting on a 250...

If i were younger like 16 (or 14 since you can ride a 250 then) i would say get a smaller bike. And yes this thing can get away from you fast, but im so freaking scared of it that I have ony gotten on it in a couple of straight aways...

Also i've been driving fast cars for years now... so i know throttle control and can read curves pretty good... If i were you I would start out on nothing less than a ninja 650 (parrelell twin is nowhere near as fast as an inline 4)... and even on the 636 its tame under 5 grand... starts pulling ok at about 6.5k (you can pull through a curve at about 7 and not think it gonna run from you)... but you get it up to around 11k (which like i said ive done maybe once) and that SOB will try to throw you off the back... You better be ready for anything over 10K...

Within a few months your gonna need more... I mean ive got like 5 hours of seat time on big bikes and i can run the hills around here at 65 to 75 mph and be comfortable... I wouldnt recommend a tiny bike...

-me
    well then maybe I should get a busa and start backwards

1966 Corvette Coupe

Ok so dont stretch that to say you need a zx14... I personally just chouldnt stand being on something slower than my vette was...

-me

Thread Information