Thread: Bald Eagle

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Bald Eagle

There has been a few Bald Eagles hanging out at the Englewood Dam for the past few weeks - check it out!

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

same Eagle

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

not only Bald Eagles been hanging out but Osprey also, sometimes called the "Seahawk"

they tell me this is a Red Shouldered Hawk

Red Shouldered Hawk got all kungfu in a leaf mid air

a group of at least (50) of these Night Hawks passed through Thursday evening

ya gotta see this Merlin Falcon

these photos represent the very first time that I've ever seen a Merlin

Merlin in flight

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

another rare sight is this "buff breasted sandpiper" also the first time I've got to see this migrating bird

this lesser yellowlegs sandpiper is going to dislocate a hip trying to unstuck itself - lol

Green Heron

Carolina Wren

Friday at Hills & Dales metro park in Dayton I counted at least a dozen of these Hummingbirds who must have forgot that they're migrating to Mexico

so cool to have these TINY birds land in front of the lens, usually see photos of these birds at feeders

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Those are some really nice shots! It's gotta be pretty cool to have access to such a great variety of birds to shoot.

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Thank You and yea, its a lot of fun for zero cost photographing the birds around here.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'll disagree on the cost being free. Nice camera equipment doesn't come cheap lol. Nice shots though.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Nice pictures. When I use to live over in Washington state I saw bald eagles all the time....that and giant 3 ft wood peckers .
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

we get a few Bald Eagles down here in Mobile bay area. Surprised the hell out of me. I had to ask one of the park rangers down here to verify because I didn't think they flew this far south. According to the Ranger he said they have 3-4 of them in the area. Some research program in trying to repopulate them.

As always Lime great photos. next home work assignment - wolves or bears

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I'll disagree on the cost being free. Nice camera equipment doesn't come cheap lol. Nice shots though.
    In comparison to what it cost me in High School to buy paper, chemicals, film, presentation matts, etc... after the initial cost of DSLR equipment... it's free

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

It's amazing the difference in birds just one state away. We've got the eagles all over the place here, hummingbirds if you put out a feeder, and redtail hawks like crazy. The rest of those though, nope. We get blue herons a lot as well, but never seen a green one until you started capturing them.

blue
    1999 TransAm

those pics really showcase the amazing grace of those birds!

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

Thanks everybody. Yes I had to purchase some equipment, but photography has evolved for me from the point and shoot cameras that I spent so much time with into a desire to capture better photos of my triplets, especially while they're in HS marching band competitions and rehearsals. Thus the DSLR camera and a few lens and they're calling me the "royal photographer". LoL. But since band season is relatively short I shoot the wild birds too.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    In comparison to what it cost me in High School to buy paper, chemicals, film, presentation matts, etc... after the initial cost of DSLR equipment... it's free
    I guess if you never upgrade your DSLR equipment after you buy it that's true. Most enthusiasts can't resist though .

I have quite a bit wrapped up in my DSLR and I feel I have very sub-par lenses. A good 100-300mm f2.8 lens can cost upwards of $2,000 by itself if bought new for my DSLR body. And I know Canon and Nikon lenses which require IS are even more than my Minolta (now Sony) lenses cost.

The good thing about good camera equipment though is it holds its value very well if you decide to move it in a reasonable amount of time.

I do agree that if you get a decent set of lenses and just keep them it's cheaper than film. I also have a Canon SLR film camera and buying good film time and time again got very expensive when you shoot 100's of pics a month or even more. Plus the cost of developing from a reliable source. That was why I also switched to DSLR after about a year of owning it. Still have it though. I feel the colors I get from it are more brilliant than that of my DSLR, which was a much more expensive camera. Awesome hobby if you have the time. I miss it.

Seeing all of the OP's pics makes me miss it more.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Lenses and equipment have never, ever, been cheap Being able to take 100 pictures and delete all those you don't care for without developing... Priceless

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Lol. So true. That's the worst when you pay for a pic that turns out useless haha.

Thread Information