Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Apparently nobody wants to sell their cars...

I'm looking for an LS1 F-body, and I've emailed 4 people this week about them. Not ONE of them has written or called me back yet!

WTF? Nobody wants to sell their cars? This is getting really aggravating.I was hoping to go look at a few this weekend, but that's not going to happen. I need a car soon too, this is kind of pissing me off.

No, patience is not my strong suit, lol.

Oh, and it isn't anyone from this board, just to clarify.

Ok, just needed to rant.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Did you check the for sale section? But yea...it's that time of year bro, everybody wants a sports car for the summer. They've probably had a lot of calls..

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Did you check the for sale section? But yea...it's that time of year bro, everybody wants a sports car for the summer. They've probably had a lot of calls..

Yeah, I did, but the ones I liked were either too far away or out of my price range.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Hang in there, its tough finding what you want. When you least expect it, you will probably find exactly what you want and be on here excited as hell showing all of us pics of your new baby. 2 years ago when I was looking for one, I was searching all over the country trying to find exactly what I wanted and had several deals fall through at the last minute. Turned out that the Camaro I currently have and wanted, I ended up finding at a dealership about 10 miles from me. Just don't give up and try not to get too frustrated even though its very hard not too.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Hang in there, its tough finding what you want. When you least expect it, you will probably find exactly what you want and be on here excited as hell showing all of us pics of your new baby. 2 years ago when I was looking for one, I was searching all over the country trying to find exactly what I wanted and had several deals fall through at the last minute. Turned out that the Camaro I currently have and wanted, I ended up finding at a dealership about 10 miles from me. Just don't give up and try not to get too frustrated even though its very hard not too.
    Ten miles away, that's pretty funny. Definitely a beautiful car though, so I guess it was worth the wait. Hopefully I'll have that luck too, so far all the cars I've been interested are at least 100 miles away.

I know it's a waiting game, I just hate to wait! lol

I actually sort of need a car soon, so that's making me get antsy too.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    Ten miles away, that's pretty funny. Definitely a beautiful car though, so I guess it was worth the wait. Hopefully I'll have that luck too, so far all the cars I've been interested are at least 100 miles away.

I know it's a waiting game, I just hate to wait! lol

I actually sort of need a car soon, so that's making me get antsy too.
    I was all set to buy a '02 SOM SS(ttop, CME, chrome 10 spokes, ebony interior, low miles) from a guy up in Iowa, we were going to meet in KC. I had everything squared away with my bank, and on Friday(we were meeting the next day) he sends me an email saying he got a job and was going to keep the car. I understood, but was so discouraged at that point. Me and my g/f were out driving around the next evening late at night and I found my current Camaro at a dealership. It fit all my criteria as well and that Monday morning I was headed home in it

You will score a nice one that fits your criteria, just don't get frustrated and settle for something that isn't quite what you had in mind

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I'll sell you my Vette....it is A++....

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Alot of people are selling their cars around here. I can get you a bunch of people selling right now....but you gunna have to drive...lol

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

I started looking at my first 97 SS a couple of years ago at the beginning of summer! He kept turning down offers. I waited until the middle of winter when nobody wanted a Sports Car and got an awesome car dirt cheap

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    I started looking at my first 97 SS a couple of years ago at the beginning of summer! He kept turning down offers. I waited until the middle of winter when nobody wanted a Sports Car and got an awesome car dirt cheap

I know, I wish I could wait till winter to get one. Like I said though, I sort of need a car soon, so I can't really wait. Plus I'm just an impatient bastard too. I'm like a little kid that way.

I'm hoping maybe I hear back from some people tomorrow, maybe they only check their email at work. Of course that doesn't explain the 2 people I emailed early in the week.

I'll just have to make some calls. I have wed, thurs, friday off, I really want to look at some cars.

Black
    1987 Regal

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I was all set to buy a '02 SOM SS(ttop, CME, chrome 10 spokes, ebony interior, low miles) from a guy up in Iowa, we were going to meet in KC. I had everything squared away with my bank, and on Friday(we were meeting the next day) he sends me an email saying he got a job and was going to keep the car. I understood, but was so discouraged at that point. Me and my g/f were out driving around the next evening late at night and I found my current Camaro at a dealership. It fit all my criteria as well and that Monday morning I was headed home in it

You will score a nice one that fits your criteria, just don't get frustrated and settle for something that isn't quite what you had in mind
    Similar thing happened to me with my Buick. Was all set to buy a gray T-Type and the day before I was to drive there the guy called and said that someone from Detroit (lived in Florida at the time) had flew down and was buying the car, after me and him spent hours on the phone working the details and everything, pissed me off like no other! 3 days later found a GN for less money for sale and picked it up 2 days later, been happy ever since!

Now I am thinking about a LS1 car but if I do the GN has to go, not sure I can part with it though. Life is full of tough choices!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Keep the GN. It looks like those are starting to go up in value, and besides that, GN's are just plain badass.

Heck that's crazy!!! I have my LS4 for sale, 06 Grand Prix GXP!! I am willing to get it gone also!!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Hey, I just heard back from someone! All right!

And it was one of the 2 that I'm most interested in, AND, it's the closest one to me.

For those who saw my thread in the Firebird forum, it's the car with the reconstructed title. Turns out it was fresh water damage, the car was repaired in '02.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Hey, I just heard back from someone! All right!

And it was one of the 2 that I'm most interested in, AND, it's the closest one to me.

For those who saw my thread in the Firebird forum, it's the car with the reconstructed title. Turns out it was fresh water damage, the car was repaired in '02.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Turns out it was fresh water damage, the car was repaired in '02.
    Oh hell nooo....I wouldn't take that car if you gave it to me. One thing i hate is electrical gremlins...i'm sure that car will have tons.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Oh hell nooo....I wouldn't take that car if you gave it to me. One thing i hate is electrical gremlins...i'm sure that car will have tons.
    Well, he's had 5 years to sort them out.

here ya go man, autotrader lists 77 cars within 100 miles of you:
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=&keywordsfyc=

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99 View Post
    here ya go man, autotrader lists 77 cars within 100 miles of you:
    http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=&keywordsfyc=
    Thanks for the link. I think I've looked at all those cars already though. Well, most of them. Once you get rid of the V6's, that leaves 46 left, then, when I set my price range, that leaves 11. Lately I've been doing a 200, even a 300 mile search, and only a few possibilities pop up.

Some of those people are on crack, I can't believe how many there are over 20grand.

I'm going to pass on the water damaged car, a '00 Formula WS(submarine?)-6 , as nice as it looks.

Thread Information