Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Anyone familiar with Myrtle Beach, SC?

Decided to make reservations in Myrtle Beach for our family vacation. Growing up I went there with my family every year, but last time I went I was 16. I am sure in 20 years time, a lot has changed. I always had a great time there and want to take my husband and girls. Just wondering if any one has any suggestions on attractions that are family oriented. I have 2 girls one will be 9 by then and the other is 6. We have a wide variety of interests(not just girlie stuff ,my youngest is a major tomboy), so please give me all your favorite spots! Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    V.

Black
    99 SS

hell i go there about every year, just go up and down the strip everything you need is right there. cant miss it

2001 Pewter SS

yes MB is definetly a must see .. go down to the beach resorts they have kids shuffleboard and they really get into it ..

Crowded.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Actually, we are't going until Sept when the kids are back in school. My kids have a couple days off the week of Sept 9 (for some kind of inservice/teacher days), so that is when we are going. It should still be plenty warm enough to swim and the man that took our reservations said mostly everthing is still open that week. I hope it isn't to crowded though because I can't handle crowds to much any more. That's why I stay away from Ocean City, MD during the summer months. We use to go there for the car cruises, but you end up sitting in traffic all day with a bunch of kids that think they have cool cars. It just isn't as fun as it was the first few years they did it, besides the cops hasseling you, that is becoming a big problem too. Just anal stuff! AND it never fails.....IT RAINS MOST OF THAT WEEKEND!

i work there and have lived with 45 min. of there all my life. its crowded and to me i try to avoid it just because ive seen it all and its not new to me. my advice would be Broadway at the Beach and pick up a Myrtle Beach VIP card for $10 and you can save alot of money on attractions, food, cabs, whatever. I still use one from 2003 to get in the clubs when i get a free night. Here's a link to the card, well worth it IMO
    http://www.myrtlebeachvipcard.com/

As far as family activities, out here on the northern end there is a giant speed boat (havent been on it yet but been wanting to ) that you can take a wild ride on and youre supposed to be guaranteed to see dolphins. Think its called the Sea Screamer or something like that. Yeah , here it is - looks really cool
    http://www.seascreamer.com/myrtle-beach.htm

There is Myrtle Waves water park if its still operating across from Broadway at the beach, Myrtle Beach Pelicans baseball games, race go carts at Nascar speedpark, Comedy Cabana is usually pretty funny but not necessarily a place for kids, lots of stuff to do if you know where to go.
    Last edited by whitelightnin99; 05-08-2006 at 11:09 AM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

MB has the friendliest people in the whole world. There is the actual beach strip and there is the town.. I grew going to Panama city and South Carolina is so much better.. Water may be getting cold by Sept, I'm not sure . but you will have a great time. Go see the sharks . Don't do the Ripley's, big let down ...

The Pavillion (sp?) is still there on the strip. Don't know if it'll be open or not though.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth
    MB has the friendliest people in the whole world. There is the actual beach strip and there is the town.. I grew going to Panama city and South Carolina is so much better.. Water may be getting cold by Sept, I'm not sure . but you will have a great time. Go see the sharks . Don't do the Ripley's, big let down ...
    My 6 year old LOVES sharks. When I told her that when I was little, we would sift through the sand and find sharks teeth, she got really excited. Where can we go see sharks? My sister still cracks up when the subject of sharks comes up at her house because Syd ( my daughter) told her that "Hammerheads are cute". She has a ton of shark t shirts and always tells my father to take her fishing down the shore so she can catch a big one. As for the water, the water here in MD is freezing most of the time. Atleast to me. I remember being able to just walk right in down there (SC), up here you have to let yourself get use to it before easing in any further! If you know the name of where we can see the sharks PLEASE let me know. That and the NASCAR speed park will probably be the highlight of her trip. My husband is a big NASCAR fan, so I know that is one place we will go.
    Thanks!
    V

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

THANKS! The boat sounds like alot of fun. Definately doing the Nascar park. My family loves go carts (we have 3 of our own). That was one thing I stumbled upon surfing the net looking for things to do. Will definately look into getting one of those cards. As much as gas is going to cost us, I'll need all the discounts I can get.
    Bad Ass Chick, with a Bad Ass Car
    2000 SS camaro NBM A4
    [img=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6008/ssig8mf.th.jpg]

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by amsnss
    The Pavillion (sp?) is still there on the strip. Don't know if it'll be open or not though.
    Heard this is the last year for it. They are tearing it down to put up more Condos!

Quote Originally Posted by myss
    Heard this is the last year for it. They are tearing it down to put up more Condos!
    but the good news is near Waccamaw Pottery (its on the right coming in to the beach) area, they are opening a Hard Rock themed amusement park so im sure that will be kickass

Quote Originally Posted by myss
    THANKS! The boat sounds like alot of fun. Definately doing the Nascar park. My family loves go carts (we have 3 of our own). That was one thing I stumbled upon surfing the net looking for things to do. Will definately look into getting one of those cards. As much as gas is going to cost us, I'll need all the discounts I can get.
    no problem. the card is definitely a good idea. you can even save on your hotel with it. there are also tons of coupons at the hotels or convenience stores for buy on get one free or buy one dinner get the other half off, etc.(ive learned most of the tricks to getting where i want to go the cheapest) so if there is a place you want me to check in to just PM me.

and as far as the sharks go , you need to visit Broadway at the Beach and go to Ripleys Aquarium. Its got alot of hands on stuff and the coolest thing is this moving walkway you stand on and "ride" through a tunnel where sharks and all kinds of stuff are literally inches from you but behind super thick glass, even overhead. its kind of a weird feeling but very fun.

here is a good pic of the tunnel im talking about
    http://www.ripleysaquarium.com/

Last edited by whitelightnin99; 05-10-2006 at 05:26 AM.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I worked down there during the summers in the mid 70s during the construction boom. Too much fun.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99
    and as far as the sharks go , you need to visit Broadway at the Beach and go to Ripleys Aquarium. Its got alot of hands on stuff and the coolest thing is this moving walkway you stand on and "ride" through a tunnel where sharks and all kinds of stuff are literally inches from you but behind super thick glass, even overhead. its kind of a weird feeling but very fun.

here is a good pic of the tunnel im talking about
    http://www.ripleysaquarium.com/

Click for full size

THAT IS FREAKIN' AWESOME! We will definately be doing that! Thanks so much for your input.

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99
    but the good news is near Waccamaw Pottery (its on the right coming in to the beach) area, they are opening a Hard Rock themed amusement park so im sure that will be kickass
    Yeah that will be great! We love the Hard Rock Cafe in Baltimore. My kids always want to go there when we go to the Harbor. I thought someone told me the pottery was gone. I am glad to hear it is still there. If we have a rainy day, I might be able to get some shopping in. I need new shoes

Crazy Bitch

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by norm43a
    I worked down there during the summers in the mid 70s during the construction boom. Too much fun.
    I loved it down there when I was a teenager! Great times! Told my hubby about a beach house I went to a party at. I think he got a little mad I didn't even get into the details

nice golf

Best attraction ------> www.fbodybeachweek.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information