1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Question Anyone been to a "buy here pay here" car lot?

I'm thinking of getting a 2nd car. Something like a Jeep Cherokee or Blazer or something similar. I was thinking about looking at those buy here pay here places for something cheap but i've heard nothing but horror stories. Anyone ever done business with one of these places? I went to a Dodge dealership today but I was told I can't finance more than one car at a time?

Buckeyes fan for Life OSU Buckeyes's Avatar
    BS I was paying on a 98TA and a 72 Monte at the same time, diff. banks though.

Red
    1994 Firebird Formula

those places mainly deal with people with the worst credit.

make sure you don't pay for a terrible percentage on the loan.........I have financed more than one vehicle at one time through my Credit Union(similar to bank)You may be able to consolidate the loans as well... I don't have any first-hand experience with dealing with buy here pay here places though.......

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94mula
    those places mainly deal with people with the worst credit.
    EXACTLY.

Don't buy anything from a buy here pay here lot. From my experiences, the cars are equiped with a device that makes sure your payment is in. If not, they can shut the car down. When you go to start it, you have to turn it to the on position, wait about 3 seconds for a beep, then start it. It's very inconvienent and embarassing. It's like a DUI test only for people who have bad credit. For some people it might be good that they can own a car, but generally they pay way more than what the car is worth and by the time they are done paying the car off, it's not worth a anything. Also, a lot of those cars come from auctions and are abused pretty bad. After they get equiped with the payment ignition thing, they're sent to a detail shop where gaurenteed they are cleaned up half ass and put on the lot. If I were you, don't go to a buy here pay here if you don't have to.

Do not do it they take the worst vehicles off the road. My buddies dad ran one and he would get a 500$ civic and with a little bit of touching up and some rigging he would end up selling it for 2500$. Damn thing would not last past a year if that.

They usually buy junkyard parts and recycle them onto the car. Its not rare to go to those places and test drive a car only to have it just blow all the fluids all over the road. You would hav better luck saving up and buying from a private seller that can document what they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1 Eddie
    EXACTLY.

Don't buy anything from a buy here pay here lot. From my experiences, the cars are equiped with a device that makes sure your payment is in. If not, they can shut the car down. When you go to start it, you have to turn it to the on position, wait about 3 seconds for a beep, then start it. It's very inconvienent and embarassing. It's like a DUI test only for people who have bad credit. For some people it might be good that they can own a car, but generally they pay way more than what the car is worth and by the time they are done paying the car off, it's not worth a anything. Also, a lot of those cars come from auctions and are abused pretty bad. After they get equiped with the payment ignition thing, they're sent to a detail shop where gaurenteed they are cleaned up half ass and put on the lot. If I were you, don't go to a buy here pay here if you don't have to.

had a dude not able to leave the grocery store when they fucked up and shut his car down on accident (got the wrong car)

Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    had a dude not able to leave the grocery store when they fucked up and shut his car down on accident (got the wrong car)
    It's really a shame. You should see the way the cars look before they get """detailed""".

Red
    91 Mustang LX

You just have to know what your looking at. You can tell a decent car from one that has been "detailed". Take extra time to check the car over good. Pick a model that doesn't have a history of problems.

But, as mentioned above, they will rape you on interest charges though. I wouldn't ever buy anything from one of those places unless I was in a real jam.

Save up some money and buy a cheap car through the local classifieds.

WTF is this kinda scam, never heard of it. BTW I finance 2 cars from the same place.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

its not a question of how many cars you finance at one time , it is a percentage of you gross monthly income..
    And dont buy from those kinds of lots.unless your credit is really down the crapper ....

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Never heard of it either..

BIGRED Z
    Yep, worst possible cars and fuck-you-in-the-ass-interest-rates.

If your credit sucks that bad, fix it first, then buy a car. You can fix it yourself too, don't use all the companies that say they can do it and charge you for it. It's a time consuming process no matter who fixes it, but doing it yourself is free, and will remind you to be disiplined in your future spending habits.

If your credit is good, no way you would be stupid enough to pay 18-21% interest on a POS that will break down long beofre you pay it off.

Lori

Thread Information