Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Anybody gotten Lasik surgery?

I'm considering having my eyes zapped. I'm tired of glasses and wasting $$ every year getting my eyes re-examined so I can buy more contacts.

Anybody here had it done? Like it? Hate it? Blind?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

i want it done too. supposedly they can only do it when your eyes arent like real bad. i have 20/40 20/50 vision from astygmatism and its such a nuisance wearing glasses i never do wear em. from what i understand the surgery is super successful and super accurate and ur vision actually can get better then 20/20 but i dont have any firsthand experience.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

My vision is pretty good for things far away. It's the up close stuff that I can't read anymore, and I used to have perfect vision. It's the over 40 fuckedup vision thing that happens with age.
    Now I hear that they will soon have a procedure for guys like me and I can't wait. I hate it when I'm in a dark restarurant with the gf and can't read the damn menu!

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

My aunt had it back when it was first being tested in canada. (early 90's)...worked great for her

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    My lasik surgeon told me that I need to have a stable prescription for 2 years before he does it. That way my vision after the surgery can be as stable as possible. I'm 23 though so I don't know how that applies to older people.

I had it done 2 years ago and its the best money ive ever spent hands down. I used to wear hard contacts because soft wear too big for my eyes, make sure you dont do those $299 super discount lasik surgerys tho or you will be worse off, get a good doctor and spend the money. I did mine with 12 months no interest.

Also, look for an extra procedure they might offer called Custom View which takes a finger print of your eye and then zaps all the irregularities and crap, also makes your night vision real good. After all said and done, ive got 20/12 vision, about 5 times better than 20/20

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk
    I had it done 2 years ago and its the best money ive ever spent hands down. I used to wear hard contacts because soft wear too big for my eyes, make sure you dont do those $299 super discount lasik surgerys tho or you will be worse off, get a good doctor and spend the money. I did mine with 12 months no interest.

Also, look for an extra procedure they might offer called Custom View which takes a finger print of your eye and then zaps all the irregularities and crap, also makes your night vision real good. After all said and done, ive got 20/12 vision, about 5 times better than 20/20
    how much did you pay? I've seen anywhere from 699 and up at one place to 1500-3000 PER EYE at another

Stu
    My wife had PRK. She went from 20/400 to 20/15 in a matter of a few weeks.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Been seriously considering it.
    I will probably wait until my cars are paid off though.

Lasik or 12 bolt.....hmmmm

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I have an appointment on Wednesday with a surgeon recommended by my insurance. I have no idea what to expect as far as costs. What did you end up paying Mike, if you don't mind us asking?

Black
    2001 Pontiac

6 years ago. Best money I ever spent.
    20/15 for the first couple years, but now is about 20/20.
    Most everyone will need reading glasses after age 40, so don't worry about that.
    I think mine cost me over $3k back then. But it was done in a real doctors office, not the mall, ..., Cleanroom enviroment.

Don't skimp when it comes to cost. Find the best doctor around to do it. Anyone in the Nebraska area, Aziz Aniz in Lincoln. World-reknown doc with dozens of patents in surgical eye care.

Excellent results for myself, ...

Mine was only like 2k with that extra procedure too, but it on a credit card and pay it off over a year, easiest way

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Motrv8d Steve
    My vision is pretty good for things far away. It's the up close stuff that I can't read anymore, and I used to have perfect vision. It's the over 40 fuckedup vision thing that happens with age.
    Now I hear that they will soon have a procedure for guys like me and I can't wait. I hate it when I'm in a dark restarurant with the gf and can't read the damn menu!
    They already have it and I am considering it. It is a total lens replacement with a plastic lens. I have a buddy that just got it, he says it is the best thing that he ever did for his eyes. The body accepts the plastic lens. It was discovered by accident back during the Korean war when pilots had plastic from their goggles embedded in their eyes when the goggles were shattered. Seems that they suffered no real ill effects.

RED
    2001 PONTIAC TA RAM AIR

I have also considered it. The cost is about 1700 per eye, at least in Miami, Florida. This is at a reputable place. It is a huge business at this office. The day I was there, there must have been about seven people in the morning waiting to do the surgery. My doctor told me years ago, that I should wait to the age of 27. According to him, the vision tends to be more stable by that age. Good Luck and enjoy your new vision tobynine9.

Black
    '98 Z28

I had it done about a year and a half ago. Best thing I've ever done. 20/20 ever since then. Paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000 with lifetime corrections. I had a high astigmatism and contacts were hit or miss. I would go through six pairs until I found one that would stay right. My sister had it done and I also had two cousins also get it done.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Screw that...soft contacts aren't all that bad. I'd rather wear them then be blind by some computer fuck up...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

well, i like to shoot a lot. ever tried keeping your eye open for a long time with a contact in it? sucker dries up like a piece of lettuce in the sun.

The docs i've spoken with said no earlier than 25. i'll be 25 in a matter of a couple of months so we'll see what this guy says.

SOM
    2002 Firehawk T/A

I had mine done 2 years ago, cost $950 per eye cash, more if credit. Free adjustments for one year after,if they need to fine tune them. Then it is $250 for the rest of your life if they ever need to be touch up later on down the line. My Brother and I went in together, mine were fine first try, he had to go back in within the first year for free touch up on one eye. My sight was pretty bad where as I had to put on my glasses to see the alarm clock in the morning(on other side of room). Now perfect. I hated the contacts I had tried and my only regret is waiting so long to do it.

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    No earlier than 25 sounds about right, according to my doctor.

black
    2006 GTO

I had RK done about 11 years ago. Got a sweet deal while working in ND. One of my friends and I went to a seminar to see if we were good candidates for RK. Well they had a good turn out, and they gave out 3 coupons for half price. ( I got the last coupon ) And to top that off if we had 3 people or more to have the surgery they would give all of us 20% off. Got both eyes done for around $ 800! Still got 20/20, only draw back now needing reading glasses for small print. Our supervisor @ the time had it done with us, he was over 40, he had been wearing glass for his whole life. After surgery he needed reading glasses. But hell you can pick up a reading glasses @ Walgreens for $ 3.00

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information