Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    2002 z28

any cop chase stories???

had a few and would like to hear others

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Nothing to special about mine, leaving McDonalds once, all my friends are watching it was night no one was around so while i was leaving i was trying to show off with the camaro and floored it for a while and drifted a a little island thing or whatever u call em with the trees in the middle. Cop saw me started to chase me but lost me once I got to seaboard street. I know my way around seaboard street, its made up of a bunch of roads and shit half of it is abandoned, a lot of my races go on there, took my about 3 or 4 minutes and he lost me lol

nothing to special but thats the best I got

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Back in the mid 80's, 84 i Believe, I was stationed on a ship that was in Long Beach, Cali.
    A buddy and I had gone to some bar and we had been drinking pretty good. It was late and we had about a 45 minute drive back to the base. Plus we ended up giving a couple more shipmates a ride. 4 guys in a 67 Camaro.
    So we are driving back, and one of the guys mention getting something to eat at a drive through. I thought we had passed it, so I pulled a U-ey. They all start giving me shit, I had turned around when it was still ahead.
    So I was about to pull another U-ey, when I saw the cop going the direction I was supposed to be going. He gave me a look like he knew I was drunk.
    So I make a right into some neighbor hood and go to the end of the block. As I make a right turn, I see the Copper turn onto that street. So I Speed down to the end of the block and go to make another right turn.
    As I make the turn, I see Johnny Law turn without any lights, SO I floor it!
    We come up to an alley and I make a hard right, kill the lights and fly down this Alley (never been in this one before!).
    I come up to the Street I was on a minute ago, make a right, then a hard left at the next street, then another left on another street. We go about 120 feet, and park in with a bunch of cars and all hide in the car. We could hear the copper flying down the road trying to find me!

we waited about 5 minutes then split.

We never did get any food! I drove right back to base!

white
    2002 z28

well heres mine, on my bike thoe, i was with like 5 of friends and were coming back from bike night . i have a freind that loves to pull wheelies past cops which he did ( said on acciendent) but after that he flicked the lights.

.HAAAAAAAAA
    Last edited by greatwhiteZ28; 09-25-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

Dont know if you guys want to be posting these, there was a guy on a bike forum who posted about how he ran from the cops, and the cop he ran from was on the same board and he caught the guy a few weeks later based on his bragging.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ls1bandit View Post
    Dont know if you guys want to be posting these, there was a guy on a bike forum who posted about how he ran from the cops, and the cop he ran from was on the same board and he caught the guy a few weeks later based on his bragging.

good point, thats why I dont post my city just state and always try to block my tag #

white
    2002 z28

aint screard, let them know, and ill do it again.

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    Back in the mid 80's, 84 i Believe, I was stationed on a ship that was in Long Beach, Cali.
    A buddy and I had gone to some bar and we had been drinking pretty good. It was late and we had about a 45 minute drive back to the base. Plus we ended up giving a couple more shipmates a ride. 4 guys in a 67 Camaro.
    So we are driving back, and one of the guys mention getting something to eat at a drive through. I thought we had passed it, so I pulled a U-ey. They all start giving me shit, I had turned around when it was still ahead.
    So I was about to pull another U-ey, when I saw the cop going the direction I was supposed to be going. He gave me a look like he knew I was drunk.
    So I make a right into some neighbor hood and go to the end of the block. As I make a right turn, I see the Copper turn onto that street. So I Speed down to the end of the block and go to make another right turn.
    As I make the turn, I see Johnny Law turn without any lights, SO I floor it!
    We come up to an alley and I make a hard right, kill the lights and fly down this Alley (never been in this one before!).
    I come up to the Street I was on a minute ago, make a right, then a hard left at the next street, then another left on another street. We go about 120 feet, and park in with a bunch of cars and all hide in the car. We could hear the copper flying down the road trying to find me!

we waited about 5 minutes then split.

We never did get any food! I drove right back to base!
    nice story and most cops wont turn on there lights till they know they got you ( its a unwritten law) soo they dont make the persuer more eratic.

white
    2002 z28

not to call you out but unless there is actual proof ( lic plate.vin #'s ) it wont go. maybe a murder or something. even if the cop did find out its still not probloal casue, the bike rider could of just been bragging that it was him and taking credit.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

ok here goes...........one night me and 2 friends were riding around a small town at the ga/tenn line called Copperhill. this was around 1982. I was driving a 2.2 dodge charger that ran good for a 4 banger. we see a plymouth turmiso which was basically the same car except he had a 5 speed. my friends yells out the window and ask him if he wants to race. he says o yea so we head out of town. ( i was 17 years old and could wheel a car for a young age)

we race top end and thru some curves for like 5 miles hitting around 110, he finally gets by me and we head back to town. i am right on his bumper but cant pass. we are slowing down as we come into town and all the sudden blue lights behind me ! my heart dropped. i had some whacky weed on me and a gallon of hunch punch. we were drunk and stoned. i start to pull over and the guy i was racing shot up a side road. the cop took off after him. that was all the daylight i needed. i nailed it and was approaching a red light. I hear another cop coming through town with his sirens on. i come to the red light and 2 cars are they waiting. there was just enough room for me to get by the cars and the sidewalk. as i come through the light the cop was comimg through the light in the other direction. he didnt see me and kept going. I went through some side streets wide open and headed out of town. as we left town there was a 25 mph curve by a beer store. hit it around 65 went sideways thru it. took several miles of backroads wide open with my friends begging for me to slow down saying i had got away. i told them to hold on had to make sure. i was so scared the next day that they had gotten my tag # and that i would be arrested. they never came. cop was so exicted i suppose he forgot to get my tag lol. i saw the guy i raced a few months later and he said they caught him and he lost his licence for a year and $500 fine.

about 6 months later I out run them again in a honda civic that had a bad front end and wouldnt do a lick over 95 mph. got arrested the next day. but thats another story maybe i will post sometime
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 09-15-2007 at 06:28 PM.

white
    2002 z28

Last edited by greatwhiteZ28; 09-16-2007 at 10:28 AM.

white
    2002 z28

love all these stories.....

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

first weekend i got my car, i put 300 miles on it, just driving around! took it over to a friends house who has a 97 z, we rode around in my car for awhile, then he got his car and followed me a ways and we messed around awhile not too far from his house (it was out in the country)......we spent maybe 15 minutes on this road, and i guess someone called the cops on us, just as we had shut off our cars at his house, two cop cars go FLYING up the next road over, thinking we had went north on the main road.....scared us shitless at how close it was!! i parked my car behind his barn and slept at his house that night!! thats the reason i disabled my automatic headlights!!

2 weeks ago one of my buds with a T/A was flying down a wooded suburban road and saw running lights on the side of the road, he FLOORED it, kept on going, hit a hill @ 120mph that you will get air on @ 60mph, made a couple of turns, drove straight thru his yard to his garage LOL he never saw that cop again......pretty lucky i think.

Really running from the cops is one of the worst things you can do......id havta be either drag racing or doing over 80 to run, and even then, id wanna think twice about it. If im in my local area, no problem, but if im somewhere that i dont know--id get looossst lol

Silver
    2002 WS6

Wasn't really a "chase". But back in 1990 when I was 16 my best friend and I were driving from one house keg party to another and he was hanging out the passenger window being a jackass when a cop going the other direction went by and saw him, I saw him in my rear view turning around to come after us, I had been drinking and at only 16 (I know...really stupid) I kind of panicked, made a hard right turn into a neighborhood, made a left then a right then a right etc... killed the headlights pulled in front of a house and slammed on the E-brake hard to slow down to a stop so that the brake lights wouldn't come on, the very second we came to a stop I could see the cop car make the turn, we both slammed the seats down to full recline and layed there freaking out.......the cop drove by slowly, as soon as he was out of sight we got out and ran to the side of the house and hid in the bushes, he drove by again.
    I guess he didn't see what kind of car it was good enough.

we sat there for 1/2 hour...scared shitless. we got away with it. it was crazy for being 16 lol
    2002 WS6 aka "Mr.Brownstone"

My car is my heroin

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    not to call you out but unless there is actual proof ( lic plate.vin #'s ) it wont go. maybe a murder or something. even if the cop did find out its still not probloal casue, the bike rider could of just been bragging that it was him and taking credit.
    If the officer has a description of the vehicle and its not something that just anyone knows about then yes it would fly. At least enough for an arrest, you might convince a jury that you werent the one but thats after youve spent 6 months at least in jail

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Not a "chase" but an amusing anecdote nonetheless:

This was back in the mid 80's back in Los Angeles. We were on Santa Fe near Del Amo (old time LA street racers know the place) just hanging out (some but not many races), maybe 25-30 cars up and down the street. Well the Carson Sheriff's roll thru and hit the lights. We scramble. I'm near the start area so I end up being 1st to leave. We head towards Del Amo. At the light I turn left headed towards the 710 freeway. I decide to go under the freeway and turn into a 7-11 parking lot. Turns out EVERYBODY there followed me including the cops. We all get out and 1 guy ask's, "What now?" I say, "Let's patronize the store. They can't bust us for being customers". So we all go into the store, maybe 40 folks total. Store owner was real happy to be doing good business at 2 am. The cops got out of their car, looked around kinda puzzled and then left. Score 1 for us!

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

i got a few

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I don't have any particularly epic stories... the only times I will actually bail is if I fuckin KNOW I'm going to get away. I have a few where I was going considerably too fast, and the cop was going the other way... so I just punched it and went. When you are already doing 90-100, and the cop still has to stop and turn around... thats one hell of a head start. Plus, I know all the roads in my town better than any of them.

I've got one good one though... I was going home from a buddies party one night, and I took the long, secluded, traffic free way home. It was some holiday or another(I can't remember anymore) and as I was passing through this little BFE shithole of a town, I come around a bend in the road, and the cops have a fuckin checkpoint set-up. At the time I was only 18, and had some to drink. Considering it was like 4 in the morning by this point, I didn't even still have much of a buzz going... But if you blow ANYTHING on a breathalizer under 21 in FL, its a DWI. Well, those sneaky cops set the checkpoint up so you couldn't see it coming, but they made one mistake... there was ONE side road I could turn off on if I nailed the brakes and threw the car right. Which I did. This did not go unnoticed, of course.

Well, I booked it down this road as fast as I felt comfertable going (I think I was cruising at about 70... this was in a cavy) because as much as I didn't want to go to jail, the hospital was even less apealing. The cops were keeping up behind me about a 1/4 or so, when out of nowhere(I did not know this particular road) the pavement turns to dirt up ahead... I slow down some, cruise through it, and suddenly the road splits... I veered left. Go down another half mile or so, theres another split, I go left again. I immediately regretted my decision... suddenly the dirt road turned into basicly a quad path... well, not to be thwarted at this point, I kill my lights, and drive with just the DRLs on, plow my way through sugar sand and random branches slapping my car, and by this time I figure that theres no fuckin way those cops would be able to get at me out there.

Just about the time I thought that, I come bursting out of the woods, and back onto a road. The same fucking road the checkpoint was on, but about 3-4 miles further down. So, I just cruised the rest of the way home, because there wasn't another damn road that intersected it for another 2 or 3 miles... I knew those cops had no way of getting to me

To this day, I've never actually managed to find that path again... I can't say I've looked particularly hard, but one things for sure, its not obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    Back in the mid 80's, 84 i Believe, I was stationed on a ship that was in Long Beach, Cali...
    Great story. "Johnny Law" LMAO!

If the officer has a description of the vehicle and its not something that just anyone knows about then yes it would fly. At least enough for an arrest, you might convince a jury that you werent the one but thats after youve spent 6 months at least in jail
    Seems like a long shot for a cop to enforce a driving related conviction based on some forum post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information