Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Another Reason I Worry About Parenthood

My kid having a completely fucked whack job teacher like this one. I don't even know what I'd do if it were my kid in that class
    Teacher Suspended Following Get Well Cards To Convicted Cop Kill - FOX 29 News Philadelphia | WTXF-TV

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

I don't even have a comment on this one.

Gray/ White

I've got nothing beyond WTF

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I saw that earlier. Our public schools have been infiltrated and certain teachers just don't feel the need to hide their bias anymore. Between that and common core, our kids are screwed.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Not to mention that many teachers are there because of a union and are in actuality dumb as dirt.

If you love your kids, don't send them to public school if you can possibly avoid it.

Make the sacrifice and drive an older car, live in a smaller house, etc.

Your kids are worth it.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

One of my floor managers is the perfect example of what happens to good teachers. The pay was way too low and the parents seemed to run the schools more then the principal. After a principal changed a grade he gave a student because the parent complained he quit. Couldn't stand the politics for the crap amount he got paid. Especially considering his education level. He makes way more now then he was at the school in a retail job.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Silver

I
    Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Not to mention that many teachers are there because of a union and are in actuality dumb as dirt.

If you love your kids, don't send them to public school if you can possibly avoid it.

Your kids are worth it.
    Talk about DUMB AS DIRT that is about the stupidest Fucken comment I've seen there are a lot of intellectual teachers in the public school system as I know quite a few that was in our school system and attended some of the top colleges and have gone on to teach some at public schools and private. You want to blame the unions for the type of teachers in public schools how about blaming the political assholes who cut funding to public schools like what happened here in our state and others I'm sure....private schools pay their teachers more because they charge such high tuitions and public schools who are funded completely by state and federal money can't afford to dump money into salaries and sports so have lesser program's and there are only so many jobs to go around so not everyone can hold a job at a private school and have to work in the public system if that is their passion. I don't want any Union fight here just get sick of hearing it's the unions fault for the worlds problems maybe you should open your eyes before your mouth and realize that the political machine is a lot of the problem with subpar teachers with not allowing proper back ground checks and cuts in funding are the result in our school problems. Not sure what world you live in but my world has the cost of everything is going through the roof and public systems can't keep up. Trust me public teachers in our state aren't living a money filled life!

Gray/ White

Now did they really cut funding in PA or did the stimulus money run out that they had been using when Rendell was Governor?
    Union's are the ones running the political machine

Silver

No the dumb ass governor we had refused to tax the billion dollar Gas industry who are drilling and pumping the shit out of our state to help fund the schools because they were big backers to his campaign. So to answer yes he made cuts to education that was very well known. He was so disliked his own party didn't like him. Unions running the political machine that's a good one maybe 40-50 years ago. No my friend oil and big business have a stranglehold on government for both sides. The more money pumped into campaigns the more Favors come their way.....most Union jobs are paying at or slightly higher than they did 20 yrs ago. I know I'm making 40 cents more than I did in the 90's when gas was a dollar and you got a cart full of groceries for $50-75 not just one of those carrying basket full.

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    Talk about DUMB AS DIRT that is about the stupidest **** comment I've seen there are a lot of intellectual teachers in the public school system as I know quite a few that was in our school system and attended some of the top colleges and have gone on to teach some at public schools and private. You want to blame the unions for the type of teachers in public schools how about blaming the political assholes who cut funding to public schools like what happened here in our state and others I'm sure....private schools pay their teachers more because they charge such high tuitions and public schools who are funded completely by state and federal money can't afford to dump money into salaries and sports so have lesser program's and there are only so many jobs to go around so not everyone can hold a job at a private school and have to work in the public system if that is their passion. I don't want any Union fight here just get sick of hearing it's the unions fault for the worlds problems maybe you should open your eyes before your mouth and realize that the political machine is a lot of the problem with subpar teachers with not allowing proper back ground checks and cuts in funding are the result in our school problems. Not sure what world you live in but my world has the cost of everything is going through the roof and public systems can't keep up. Trust me public teachers in our state aren't living a money filled life!
    Please tell me when student grades started falling.

If you look, you will see that it began when the government took control.

I don't blame the unions for falling grades, I blame them for not holding sub-par teachers accountable.

How many modern 8th grade students do you think could pass THIS 8th grade exam from over 100 years ago?

How many of the teachers do you think could pass it?

I've done a lot of IT work in schools over the last few years.

I was in an Atlanta middle school a couple of years ago and on a white board at the entrance a teacher had written , in very nice script, "Don't reach for compatence, Strive for exellence" and no one noticed the errors.

On a board in a Los Angeles school just a couple of months ago: "Let your teacher know when your in the Star zone". No wonder people can't spell anymore.

In a classroom where the teacher taught Macs, she didn't know how to bring up activity monitor to see what was hogging machine resources and was flabbergasted when I showed her how.

So despite your rant, I've worked in a lot of schools in big cities and the intellectual teachers I've encountered are few.

Are there good ones? Absolutely.

But based on the averages I've encountered, the odds of getting one are pretty low.

Gray/ White

No the dumb ass governor we had refused to tax the billion dollar Gas industry who are drilling and pumping the shit out of our state to help fund the schools because they were big backers to his campaign. So to answer yes he made cuts to education that was very well known. He was so disliked his own party didn't like him. Unions running the political machine that's a good one maybe 40-50 years ago. No my friend oil and big business have a stranglehold on government for both sides. The more money pumped into campaigns the more Favors come their way.....most Union jobs are paying at or slightly higher than they did 20 yrs ago. I know I'm making 40 cents more than I did in the 90's when gas was a dollar and you got a cart full of groceries for $50-75 not just one of those carrying basket full.
    It's cute you think union bosses care about more than just lining their pockets with your pay.
    What happens to the education funding after Wolf taxes the natural gas companies and they go elsewhere?
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Silver

They will pay it and keep on digging and pumping and keep on making Billions cause this is where the gas is you ever hear of the Marcellus Shale? Marcellus Shale: Results Continue to Amaze Geologists

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Another Reason I Worry About Parenthood

Back to the topic orgins....

This is totally unacceptable, period. That cop killing racist piece of poo should have been fried 20 yrs ago.

The party of "Death" (Progressive Liberials) holds these shitbags as political heros is why I could never support them.

Not ever public school has these losers in them. The area I live we did our research on the schools prior to buying our home.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post

Your kids are worth it.
    The only problem with this statement is the idea that a private school has better teachers. You do know that the teachers that can't make it in public schools go to work for private schools, for alot less money, right? It's common knowledge to those in the profession...they even have a saying that goes "those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach...work for private schools".

In my wife's 8 years at her school, three teachers have been fired for poor performance, all are now working at area private schools.

Gray/ White

They will pay it and keep on digging and pumping and keep on making Billions cause this is where the gas is you ever hear of the Marcellus Shale? Marcellus Shale: Results Continue to Amaze Geologists
    If it was only in PA

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    The only problem with this statement is the idea that a private school has better teachers. You do know that the teachers that can't make it in public schools go to work for private schools, for alot less money, right? It's common knowledge to those in the profession...they even have a saying that goes "those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach...work for private schools".

In my wife's 8 years at her school, three teachers have been fired for poor performance, all are now working at area private schools.
    That sounds like a teachers union slogan Not a very well thought out one either. If you can't do something well, what makes you qualified to teach it at all?

The original goes like this... "People who are able to do something well can do that thing for a living, while people who are not able to do anything that well make a living by teaching". This is not flattering to any teachers. I find it interesting that a group of teachers use it as part of a saying they use to disparage other teachers

Not all private schools are equal. But, at least those attending have the choice to be there and are free to leave if they're not happy with their child's education.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    That sounds like a teachers union slogan Not a very well thought out one either. If you can't do something well, what makes you qualified to teach it at all?

The original goes like this... "People who are able to do something well can do that thing for a living, while people who are not able to do anything that well make a living by teaching". This is not flattering to any teachers. I find it interesting that a group of teachers use it as part of a saying they use to disparage other teachers
    They hate that slogan, which is why they use it as a "complaint" about private schools. It's a form of sarcasm.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It's still kind of a 'double edged saying', "complaint", disparaging all teachers, sarcasm or not, no? I think that if I were a teacher, I'd probably leave it out of the argument altogether

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    It's still kind of a 'double edged saying', "complaint", disparaging all teachers, sarcasm or not, no? I think that if I were a teacher, I'd probably leave it out of the argument altogether
    But when you weigh that against public schoolteachers' growing hatred for the idea that private schools are inherently better, when they actually offer a lower quality education, it seems alot less disparaging. Maybe to put it in perspective I can word it this way - "They say that those who can't do, teach...well if that's the case, then those who can't teach...work for private schools".

Does that seem better? It's tough to convey the tone of these kinds of things over text.

I wouldn't say private schools have a lower education.

My 13 year old son reads on 14.1 grade level according to standardized testing.

Reading comprehension at a college sophomore level means he learned something from somebody, and it wasn't in public school.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information