Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Another "Can I beat this ticket thread"

I recieved a speeding ticket tonight for doing 49 in a 35 zone. Complete BS. If there is one thing I continually watch, it is the speedometer of my car. I was caught on radar. What are my chances of going to court and winning this ticket as:

1. I was coming down a fairly steep hill
    2. It was raining outside
    3. Radar guns pick up on the AC/Heater fan of the patrol car. So if he had the defroster on(I had to have mine on at that time), how much of a difference would that make?

I've never been considering more to go to court to contest a ticket then I am right now because I know for a fact I wasn't doing 14 over the limit when he pulled me over. The most I was doing over was 4 and like I said I was coming down a fairly steep hill. Thanks for any help

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Pony up the 400 dollars for a lawyer.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    1. I was coming down a fairly steep hill
    2. It was raining outside
    3. Radar guns pick up on the AC/Heater fan of the patrol car. So if he had the defroster on(I had to have mine on at that time), how much of a difference would that make?
    I've never been considering more to go to court to contest a ticket then I am right now because I know for a fact I wasn't doing 14 over the limit when he pulled me over. The most I was doing over was 4 and like I said I was coming down a fairly steep hill. Thanks for any help
    where did you hear that one? Try and maybe get the speed knocked down a few by being polite with the police officer when you get pulled over. Go to court and pay.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    where did you hear that one? Try and maybe get the speed knocked down a few by being polite with the police officer when you get pulled over. Go to court and pay.
    http://www.radars.com.au/police-radar-errors.php
    http://tipmra.com/new_tipmra/how_Spe...adar_works.htm

I google'd it and did my research before I asked this question. There's another site I found saying that weather can affect the radar also as rain droplets can cause prisms affecting the guns reading.

He knocked it down to 2 points and $116, but I don't want my insurance to go up.

It was moving radar by the way, as the cop who pulled me over was traveling in the opposite direction.
    Last edited by LgndKller20073; 06-11-2009 at 10:30 PM.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Honestly I have been in this situation many times, and I just recently got nailed in a speed trap.

Call the court to fight the ticket. You want to talk to the officer. they will set up a courtdate and you go from there.

1. You have a 50% chance the officer will not show up to begin with. If that happens the ticket will be dropped.
    2. Ask around chances are you might know someone who knows someone who can help you get a break.
    3. You will always come out better then just paying the ticket. Worse case senerio is you pay for the ticket that you would have paid for anyway.
    4. It's all about the money. You think a officer cares if you have points. Points don't buy new police cars.
    5. Don't waste money on a lawyer. They will get you the same thing you can get for yourself alot cheaper.
    6. Bigger rims and tires on your car means your speedo will be off. (it's worked for me before) Just paid a defective equipment fine

I once got nailed for speeding.... I fought it. went to court and the officer admitted he did not radar me. he just made up a f'n speed. He dropped the ticket.

Speaking for myself I just got nailed 65 in a 45. (thought I was in a 55) I was passing a semi at 3am. I am fighting it.

Thread Information