American Sniper

Thoughts on the movie so far...?

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Haven't seen it yet, but plan on it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Pat how was it?

I saw it Friday night, great movie. Accurately portrayed events unlike some other movies such as The Hurt Locker. I am eternally grateful to our veterans.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Scott, Will pretty much hit it dead on the head with his comment. It was an amazing movie with the perfect amount of war/combat scenes and real life experiences that didnt involve the battle field.

Navy Blue Metallic

Pat I'll pm you my questions on a couple of scenes. I have his book since my B-day in July but have yet read it. Guess I need to get busy on it.

Black / White

I highly recommend reading American Gun too if you get the chance...its the history of the United States in 10 Firearms and its a Chris Kyle book. Pretty cool book.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

The movie's action scenes looked pretty accurate, but I keep reading about how Chris Kyle is a liar controversy and it actually isn't based on much fact. So eh, idk, still liked the movie, but brings back memories some would rather forget.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    The movie's action scenes looked pretty accurate, but I keep reading about how Chris Kyle is a liar controversy and it actually isn't based on much fact. So eh, idk, still liked the movie, but brings back memories some would rather forget.
    I've been reading a lot of that too...at the end of the day whether he was a liar about the Jesse Ventura thing or not he saved many soldiers and he killed a lot of bad guys. Thats all I'm focusing on in all honesty.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I've been reading a lot of that too...at the end of the day whether he was a liar about the Jesse Ventura thing or not he saved many soldiers and he killed a lot of bad guys. Thats all I'm focusing on in all honesty.
    Well I think that's debatable too, I'm an OEF vet and I really don't think we should be there in the first place. So much time/money/lives wasted. And take for instance the scene where he has to kill the child and mother. Imagine a brother was left behind, or saw it happen. He's probably fighting for ISIS right now. All this is highly debatable, but I think the whole ordeal is doing more harm than good. After reading one of Ron Paul's books, American Revolution? We just shouldn't be there, we have enough problems in our own country. And I don't buy the whole Chris Kyle "better to fight them there than here" BS, after the Patriot Act BS we can stop most terroristic threats before they even start.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Well I think that's debatable too, I'm an OEF vet and I really don't think we should be there in the first place. So much time/money/lives wasted. And take for instance the scene where he has to kill the child and mother. Imagine a brother was left behind, or saw it happen. He's probably fighting for ISIS right now. All this is highly debatable, but I think the whole ordeal is doing more harm than good. After reading one of Ron Paul's books, American Revolution? We just shouldn't be there, we have enough problems in our own country. And I don't buy the whole Chris Kyle "better to fight them there than here" BS, after the Patriot Act BS we can stop most terroristic threats before they even start.
    Dont disagree...but the politicians started the war and voted for the war. Soldiers were told to go over there and thats exactly what they did.

I also agree that we need to take care of our own yard before we start looking into somebody elses...our country is a disaster right now but we're still trying to police the world while we have a wide open border.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Soldiers were told to go over there and thats exactly what they did.
    Exactly, testosterone and naive filled teenagers like myself picked up weapons to fight for a cause none of us even understood, and most are dumb enough to not understand even after they see the situation first hand. Sad really.

blue
    1999 TransAm

..the thing is "they" have taken the fight to us here (and the "westernized" civilized world), ...and continue to do so (..most recently paris...)... it's a war of ideology and way of life... kyle did his job, and did it well, ...that's what matters...

...I've got a signed copy of his book "American sniper", ...good read

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Easily 1 of the best movies ive ever seen.

red
    95 Z28

Last few nights the history channel has been airing a series of shows about snipers. Weapons, tactics, and re-creations of some of the more incredible engagements from snipers from throughout history. Some incredible stories. One story I hadn't ever heard, but it's pretty badass about Sgt. Ed Eaton. We've all heard about Carlos Hathcock, but this guy's pretty amazing

98 Formula
    06 duramax

saw it Sunday with the wife......meh.....it was ok. It got better as the movie went on but there were a ton of holes/jumps in the story and kinda awkward moments. Didn't seem well written, edited, or directed. It felt like they rushed through a lot of it to get to combat scenes.

Black / White

Took my wife to see this last night. It was my 2nd time seeing it.

Navy Blue Metallic

Took my wife to see this last night. It was my 2nd time seeing it.
    Mine is trying to drag me to J-lo (I say Jello) movie. So far I've been able to fight it off.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Mine is trying to drag me to J-lo (I say Jello) movie. So far I've been able to fight it off.
    You mean the one where she's the hot mom/teacher next door...? I'd go just to see here strip down

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Last few nights the history channel has been airing a series of shows about snipers. Weapons, tactics, and re-creations of some of the more incredible engagements from snipers from throughout history. Some incredible stories. One story I hadn't ever heard, but it's pretty badass about Sgt. Ed Eaton. We've all heard about Carlos Hathcock, but this guy's pretty amazing

That view is through a Star Light scope. Much better than infrared. It's amazing what you can see when it's dark...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information