Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accident.....

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Accident.....

I just got back from the hospital. This is pretty much how its gone down so far. I was on my way to work at three today i was waiting to turn from my neighborhood onto Lead Mine Rd. I waited until a car was turning into my neighborhood when i went to turn there were no other cars so i went to turn before they turned in. All of a sudden i get slammed into on the drivers side. They peeled me out of the car on a stretcher and put me in the ambulance and took me to rex. Now that ive come back and looked at where the accident happened this is what i suspect happened. The woman was speeding and talking on a cell phone and side swipped me. I say speeding because she hit me hard enough to push my car a good 5 feet through the intersection. Theory number two is that she went to cut around the turning car and side swipped me still talking on the phone. I say not paying attention because the woman NEVER hit the breaks at any point, there are no skid marks besides where she pushed me out of the intersection. Out come being the accidents been blammed on me......... Im having the car looked at but from pictures ive seen now the frame is bent and theres probably no saving it. Depending on how everything works out i may be looking for a new car on here if anyone has anything at a decent or really great price let me know.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

sorry to hear about that. Any injuries to you?

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Mostly cuts and stuff i have a gash in my head that didnt require stitches air bag caught me in the face and broke my nose i think because i put my hand up to my nose later today and there was lots of dried blood. Cut my chin up, my knees a bit stiff because it slammed into the dash, the seat belt has left a bruise where it was on me. Thats pretty much about it they say im going to hurt really bad tomorrow and gave me a subscription for perkiset. I still have a terrible head ache and my neck still hurts a little. The worst thing was the one that hit was laughing and crap and talking about how she was going to get a new car....... so fucked up.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Have them check her blood alc levl anytime soemthing like that happens at 3 in the am. So sorry to hear. Ill keep my eyes and ears out for you for a car dude. Glad your not hurt any worse than that.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

why do you think she was on the phone? Other than the fact that all women talk on the phone nonstop while driving. at least in NC.

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Sue her ass off

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

With out really knowing the story, it sounds like you pulled out in front of someone without having a full right of way. Doesnt sound like you know for a fact she was on her phone either. Sorry about your car, glad your ok.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

If you were making a left handed turn which I assume you were, more than likley she went to go out around you to pass since you were slowing down for the turn. You turned and she reamed you. I mean, she went up past the live strong bracelet and got her whole forearm up there.

Trans Am owner
    former

<-------------
    clean 95 trans am for sale, with mods, and only 61,000 miles.

btw, i have seen a similar accident before in my neighborhood, except the person comin outta the neighborhood was on the phone, and got hit by a snowplow truck

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Her fault. Sounds like she was tailgating the turning car and hit you instead.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    If you were making a left handed turn which I assume you were, more than likley she went to go out around you to pass since you were slowing down for the turn. You turned and she reamed you. I mean, she went up past the live strong bracelet and got her whole forearm up there.
    He was making a left out of a neighborhood on to a main road.

To the OP, sorry man but it sounds to me like it was your fault depending on how that intersection is marked. The vehicle 1 that was making a right into your neighborhood was blocking your view of oncoming traffic and you assumed it was clear...whether the car that hit you zipped around vehicle 1 or not doesn't matter (unless the exit from your neighborhood is a clearly marked intersection, then it's illegal to switch lanes within a certain amount of feet of the intersection). Your best defense would be she made an illegal lane change. But if it's just a regular neighborhood exit than you're screwed.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I know it's often said, and... really doesn't help any, but, at least your weren't badly hurt.

Yeah, kind of sounds like you just didn't see her since you were making the turn.

Sorry about that. I'm wondering why she was not more concerned with you and making sure you were alright than smiling and talking about getting a new car???

Bitch!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I know it's often said, and... really doesn't help any, but, at least your weren't badly hurt.

Yeah, kind of sounds like you just didn't see her since you were making the turn.

Sorry about that. I'm wondering why she was not more concerned with you and making sure you were alright than smiling and talking about getting a new car???
    Bitch!
    I agree KR. She was either drunk or high. She was LAUGHING!!

Good luck bro. Shes just a fucking Bitch!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Where there any witnesses to the accident? Talk with them if any,see if she was on the phone or can give a third person view of accident. Check with any buisiness at intersection for video cameras, sse if film footage can help determine cause of accident. Check with a lawyer, subpoena her cell records to prove she was talking on the phone during time of accident....

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Damn thats gay bro.
    Can you post pix of your car?
    Glad you ok tho.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Her fault. Sounds like she was tailgating the turning car and hit you instead.
    This for sure.

And its a clearly marked intersection with two turning lanes into both sides. From seeing the pictures and the way she caught me now it looks like she changed lanes and tried to turn into the other neighborhood without stoping on the side opposite me.
    Last edited by 95camaroZNC; 05-17-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

"Failure to yield to right of way". Police statute. Happened to me with my last car. Delivery driver cut in front of me from the opposite lane and I t-boned him. His fault. Go after her for the money for medical bills and repairs/partial payments for the new car.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    "Failure to yield to right of way". Police statute. Happened to me with my last car. Delivery driver cut in front of me from the opposite lane and I t-boned him. His fault. Go after her for the money for medical bills and repairs/partial payments for the new car.
    He can't after her for anything when it's his fault...he's the one that got t-boned and failed to yield the right of way.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    He can't after her for anything when it's his fault...he's the one that got t-boned and failed to yield the right of way.
    Ouch. Well hopefully he won't get hit with any points. That would add to the hurt factor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information