Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

7 dollars a gallon

merryl lynch said today it will happen within the next two years. demand is only increasing and supply is depleting. and the dollar continues to weaken in the face of glbal inflation. i decided to hold off on buying a car until i graduate and get a job so i can see what gas is going to be like then... this sucks... as extreme as 7 sounds imagine what 4.50 sounded like 4 years ago...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I heard the complete opposite. The supplies started depleting the first day we started using oil. That is such a general statement. Nobody knows whats going to happen with fuel prices. But to say we are even close to being on the verge of having no more oil, is retarded. Some say they are going down this summer, some say different. Ether way, you will pay it. Thats that really.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I heard the complete opposite. The supplies started depleting the first day we started using oil. That is such a general statement. Nobody knows whats going to happen with fuel prices. But to say we are even close to being on the verge of having no more oil, is retarded. Some say they are going down this summer, some say different. Ether way, you will pay it. Thats that really.
    yup definitely agree with you... and i for one am also sick of hearing all this gas price end of the world hoo hoo... but one alarming thing is relative to gold the price of gas hasnt changed drastically, just our dollar is falling... so for me i can't see the price of gas going below what it is now until the dollar stops falling. the fed didnt do anything to the discount rate due to fears that lowering it causing even more drastic inflation.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    until the dollar stops falling.
    The dollar is done. Within the next 25 years it will be replaced with something along the lines of the euro. (aka amero). All this inflation and "dollar losing value" talk you hear is just them getting us ready for the change.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    The dollar is done. Within the next 25 years it will be replaced with something along the lines of the euro. (aka amero). All this inflation and "dollar losing value" talk you hear is just them getting us ready for the change.
    interesting...and compelling to think about. we have states that are the size of european nations. those nations have now formed into a centralized fairly weak government...by comparison much weaker than the U.S. government.

could it possibly be that the only way to compete against a potentially growing power of the european union in the near future would be to centralize a north american government with a common currency.

god do i ever detest and loath the sound of that...mixing my country with canada and mexico into some other nation or currency.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Heard it peaked for this year already.

I don't trust the info though....

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Demand is not larger than supply nor is it going that way. Whoever said that is another fucking jackass.

The price will go up a lot more than $ 7 / gallon. Why? Because they can.

Not much we can do really except start to learn how to conserve fuel.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I say invade Saudi-arabia and take over their oil

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    interesting...and compelling to think about. we have states that are the size of european nations. those nations have now formed into a centralized fairly weak government...by comparison much weaker than the U.S. government.

could it possibly be that the only way to compete against a potentially growing power of the european union in the near future would be to centralize a north american government with a common currency.

god do i ever detest and loath the sound of that...mixing my country with canada and mexico into some other nation or currency.
    We already have a free trade agreement

They are building the NAFTA superhighway right now

They just started with making us get passports to go to mexico and canada. The politicians will say that one of the "good points" about having a north american union is that you will no longer need those pesky passports to visit your cousin in Ontario.

Don't forget how easier it would be to not have to go to the bank to exchange money before a trip.

etc...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    merryl lynch said today it will happen within the next two years. demand is only increasing and supply is depleting. and the dollar continues to weaken in the face of glbal inflation. i decided to hold off on buying a car until i graduate and get a job so i can see what gas is going to be like then... this sucks... as extreme as 7 sounds imagine what 4.50 sounded like 4 years ago...
    statements by reputable companies like that are what kill and drive the economy down.

top CEOs of Exxon have already announced that the earth is NOT running out of oil. The only oil we run out of, is the oil that is above ground, meaning already drilled. Exxon and other oil companies can not get the oil of the earth fast enough to meet the demands above ground. This is partially do to democrats and enviromentalist/lobbyest that demanded extra drilling to be haulted. This method of starvation turned out good for the oil companies as they can inflate price and screw the consumer with a good excuse.

Oil is a fossil fuel, not derived from dead dinosaurs like most people think, its a natural by-product of the earth and will be around for many years past our lifetime.

Exxon and other oil companies, must create new drilling locations, prove they can do it enviromentally safe and modernize their refineries.

Its just like nuclear power. Most people, are against it, thinking its too dangerous. Again a mislead throught created by democrats, lobbiest, and enviromentalist, forcing people to believe that if a nuclear power is utilized more bombs will be created and neighborhoods near nuclear power plants will have nothing but mutants running around. That is such BS. Nuclear power is why a military submarine can last 90+ days deep in the ocean.

Now imagine what a small amount of nuclear power could do for a car.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

top CEOs of Exxon have already announced that the earth is NOT running out of oil.

ceo's are saying it... guess that makes it true... im sorry but do you really believe that?

Oil is a fossil fuel, not derived from dead dinosaurs like most people think, its a natural by-product of the earth and will be around for many years past our lifetime.
    this is the first time i hear this... somehow i doubt high energy carbon compounds (oil) can form naturally in the earth without organic matter to start from

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post

Now imagine what a small amount of nuclear power could do for a car.
    a big explosion?

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    ...god do i ever detest and loath the sound of that...mixing my country with canada and mexico into some other nation or currency.
    Think how we would feel having your 'greenback' de-value our dollar....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

bwahahahhahahahaa!!!

low supply of oil?!?!?

ibanez7 is correct... we will NEVER run out... drill the ocean floor you would find a near endless supply of oil...

and yes oil is made of carbon based things...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Will it ever be possible for gas to go down in price?

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    I say invade Saudi-arabia and take over their oil
    Why would we, do you know how much money is made in this country due to the gas prices being so high?

It's just we're not the ones profiting but the people that are will not allow us to go to war with Saudi Arabia. Plus Iraq is sitting on a bunch of it, we haven't used that to our benefit at all (at least not economically speaking). Also, we're sitting on a bunch of oil as well in Alaska and In the Dakotas but once again the politicians just choose not to go there.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Will it ever be possible for gas to go down in price?
    yes... we drill the ocean... problem with that is the damned hippies and how would we divide continental lines amoungst other countries... also how would we contain a oil leak spill with the strong ocean current...

once we figure that shit out we have oil that costs a coins a barrel...

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yes... we drill the ocean... problem with that is the damned hippies and how would we divide continental lines amoungst other countries... also how would we contain a oil leak spill with the strong ocean current...

once we figure that shit out we have oil that costs a coins a barrel...

Realistically it isn't just the hippies, it isn't profitable for the oil companies and refinaries to have more oil available. Right now they have plenty of supply but due to speculators they get to charge shortage prices. If we open up new areas they will probably produce close to the same amount but due to change in the speculation they will not get to charge the same prices.

Trust me I have a feeling oil companies get more pull with the govt then the hippies.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    Why would we, do you know how much money is made in this country due to the gas prices being so high?

It's just we're not the ones profiting but the people that are will not allow us to go to war with Saudi Arabia. Plus Iraq is sitting on a bunch of it, we haven't used that to our benefit at all (at least not economically speaking). Also, we're sitting on a bunch of oil as well in Alaska and In the Dakotas but once again the politicians just choose not to go there.
    from what i've beent old alaskan oil is shit oil that costs more to refine than what it is worth... Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is also debating saying that there isn't enough oil there to drill for the amount of damage we will cause... other people are are saying that 60% of the worlds supply is in alaska... if that would be the case our dollar value would substancially increase to exporting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information