Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

306Hp, 0-60 4.7 sec Be Afraid???

My Fellow V-8ers,

I've owed my Ws6 since 2002 and back then the Hp it put out stock was a big deal and respectable. The import crowd knew their place without mods and the Ford guys...well they were to busy with imports.

Anyway fast forward to 2009 and now I have import guys disrespecting my bird!(high revs, blow off valves) My boss and the high school principal doing burnouts in his 4 door family hauler. Ford guys calling themselfs knightRider, my co worker telling me to check my rear view for some Hyundai coupe V6 thats 300+ Hp AND 370z that could SMOKE my Bird from any light!

What the Heck is going on? Am I Not the only one worried? Do you not feel like the small fish out there amongst all this advancement? Like you should cover your car up and conform???

Z10

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by zehn10 View Post
    My Fellow V-8ers,

I've owed my Ws6 since 2002 and back then the Hp it put out stock was a big deal and respectable. The import crowd knew their place without mods and the Ford guys...well they were to busy with imports.

Anyway fast forward to 2009 and now I have import guys disrespecting my bird!(high revs, blow off valves) My boss and the high school principal doing burnouts in his 4 door family hauler. Ford guys calling themselfs knightRider, my co worker telling me to check my rear view for some Hyundai coupe V6 thats 300+ Hp AND 370z that could SMOKE my Bird from any light!

What the Heck is going on? Am I Not the only one worried? Do you not feel like the small fish out there amongst all this advancement? Like you should cover your car up and conform???

Z10

look at it this way....the ls1 is 10+ years old and the new cars are just now catching up to it. That's impressive. As for the people with high revs and blow off valves....that's why god invented heads, cam, and open cutouts.

White
    '10 ZR1

My Fellow V-8ers,

Z10

Okay, here's the deal - your car is 7 years old. If you haven't modded it yet to "keep up with the Jones'", then you will be left in the dust. It's your problem - get on the boards, buy a good set of used heads and get yourself a new cam and keep most of the people you're talking about in your dust.

Get goin!

And what the hell is this "cover it up and confrom" bullshit! That's WEAK!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

My Fellow V-8ers,

Z10
    both the new genesis coupe ie the hyundai you are talking about and the 370z are fast for what they are but unless you suck at driving or have a convertible a4 with no mods at all and 2.73 gears I really wouldnt worry about them. they are mid to high 13 second cars

Red
    2001 Trash Can

I feel the same way but as Orion said it's 10 year old engineering that not many have been able to overcome or are just starting to catch up to. It is aggrivating when people think that just because their car is new that it is the most badass thing out there, or throw insults at you to insinuate a challenge, but that's when you gotta prove them wrong

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

I like my cars like I like my juice (the vegetable drink) V-8

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

If you choose to conform... Can I have your WS6???

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Screw all the haters. These cars have and still are kickin ass despite being 11 years old now. Mod em and shut everyone up. Even stock they are still something for the average GTs and ricer fags to be afraid of.

Red
    2001 ws6

ive been thinking the same thing, these "powerhouses" are starting to become part of the crowd

Black
    2000 trans am

Gm has always been ahead of the game...well...maybe not with the turngens. I read somewhere that the 79 Ta stock for stock would still smoke a GT until 93. Now thats saying something.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by imprtkillr2810 View Post
    Gm has always been ahead of the game...well...maybe not with the turngens. I read somewhere that the 79 Ta stock for stock would still smoke a GT until 93. Now thats saying something.
    I had a 79 T/A......had the mighty 301 in it. It had dead bugs on the back windshield.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Time to upgrade to a 2010 SS.....

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

People like to talk a lot of shit, and after over a decade...the f-body crowd has grown smaller and smaller. (hell, I came very close to buying a new stang myself after my accident). Bottom line is though, how many affordable low 13s cars are out there anymore? Not many. After a few mods, there still isn't enough on the road to be ashamed. I feel worse for my cousin who still drives her '02 Bullitt.

Honestly the only reason I've even considered something other than the T/A is I enjoy long, several hundred mile drives, and the bird don't. Plus reliability issues when cars pass that decade mark.

As far as looks and speed go though, nothing short of Vipers, vettes and exotics have our cars soundly beat in both areas yet IMO. (and very few vettes are better looking than a sharp, clean WS6)

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Edit: I have a bad habit of double-posting lately, it seems.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I had a 79 T/A......had the mighty 301 in it. It had dead bugs on the back windshield.
    My 79 formula came with the 301 too. I HATE that engine!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Those new Accent's are ripping my T/A apart daily......
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticZ06 View Post
    My 79 formula came with the 301 too. I HATE that engine!
    you know it's a POS when GM adds a turbo to it and it's still a slow POS

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Those new Accent's are ripping my T/A apart daily......
    it's the high altitude

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

I had a guy at work boasting that the new 2010 Mustang will have 550+hp and that it will smoke my Trans Am all day. My response, "Well, I'd hope a brand new pony car would be able to beat my 10 year old car." He didn't like that. It came out later that he was talking about the Stage 2 (or 3) Rouch or Saleen Mustang...I had to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBornThriller View Post
    Edit: I have a bad habit of double-posting lately, it seems.
    The "Submit" Button is a single click action...no double clicking required

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Forged internals and a 300 shot cures all?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information