Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2016 ACR Viper

White
    '10 ZR1

That thing is set on kill and will destroy. Corvette's answer? C7.R Edition vinyl graphics. Embarrassing.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    That thing is set on kill and will destroy. Corvette's answer? C7.R Edition vinyl graphics. Embarrassing.
    I'm interested to see what the ACR does in Nuremburg (sp?). Also - I think Corvette's answer hopefully will come with a mid-engine car in the next year or two - that will ease your embarrassment......unless you've purchased an ACR Viper in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I'm interested to see what the ACR does in Nuremburg (sp?). Also - I think Corvette's answer hopefully will come with a mid-engine car in the next year or two - that will ease your embarrassment......unless you've purchased an ACR Viper in the mean time.
    I won't track the car enough to justify buying the ACR. Through the 1 of 1 program though, you can include creature comforts, normal radio, etc. but in my opinion that defeats the purpose of the car. Nurburgring had barred testing and the releasing of times since that spectator was killed. Hopefully that will change. I want to see what the new Z06 did, as well as the ACR.
    Last edited by cam02ss; 08-03-2015 at 05:19 AM.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Nurburgring will never happen unfortunately...

red
    95 Z28

The ACR is a fully adjustable club racer that happens to be street legal. The C7 ZO6 is a street car that happens to be fairly capable on the track. A ZO6 is likely to be driven on the street whereas nobody in their right mind would take an ACR out on the road. I'm sure if GM wanted to directly compete with the ACR they could. I doubt they care though as the ACR market is incredibly narrow,

I'm interested to see what the ACR does in Nuremburg (sp?).
    Nuremberg was where they held the Nazi war trials after WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    The ACR is a fully adjustable club racer that happens to be street legal. The C7 ZO6 is a street car that happens to be fairly capable on the track. A ZO6 is likely to be driven on the street whereas nobody in their right mind would take an ACR out on the road. I'm sure if GM wanted to directly compete with the ACR they could. I doubt they care though as the ACR market is incredibly narrow,

Fairly capable at the track? Read:

ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge*** - Corvette Forum

The Z06 is geared towards waxers and Cars & Coffee. The ACR market is incredibly narrow? The Porsche 918 market is incredibly narrow as well- so what? Market and sales figures have nothing to do with how good a car is.

GM marketed the Z06 as "The Most Track Capable Corvette Ever". A statement which they have since dropped "track" from. The way it was initially marketed doesn't sound like it street focused, now does it? GM sure changed that in a hurry.
    Last edited by cam02ss; 08-04-2015 at 03:31 AM.

White
    '10 ZR1

Dammit At least I got the "N-u-r" part right

Black / White

2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

red
    95 Z28

Fairly capable at the track? Read:

ZO6 overheating issues ***MEGA Merge*** - Corvette Forum

The Z06 is geared towards waxers and Cars & Coffee. The ACR market is incredibly narrow? The Porsche 918 market is incredibly narrow as well- so what? Market and sales figures have nothing to do with how good a car is.

GM marketed the Z06 as "The Most Track Capable Corvette Ever". A statement which they have since dropped "track" from. The way it was initially marketed doesn't sound like it street focused, now does it? GM sure changed that in a hurry.
    GM has a habit of undersizing heat exchangers. It isn't terribly difficult to fix if you want to beat shit out of a ZO6 on the track. Most guys knew that going in. And as far as markets go, GM doesn't hardly ever focus on niche markets. They're probably pretty happy selling the shit out of corvettes to retired old guys. It will ensure they'll be around for awhile. The Viper is a good car too, so it's sad its days are likely numbered due to incredibly poor sales. I wont spend too much more time on this debating it with you though, because you obviously have a huge hate boner for the ZO6. Not sure why, but your links and posts make that pretty clear.

Black / White

GM has a habit of undersizing heat exchangers. It isn't terribly difficult to fix if you want to beat shit out of a ZO6 on the track. Most guys knew that going in. And as far as markets go, GM doesn't hardly ever focus on niche markets. They're probably pretty happy selling the shit out of corvettes to retired old guys. It will ensure they'll be around for awhile. The Viper is a good car too, so it's sad its days are likely numbered due to incredibly poor sales. I wont spend too much more time on this debating it with you though, because you obviously have a huge hate boner for the ZO6. Not sure why, but your links and posts make that pretty clear.
    Viper isn't going anywhere imo. The old ones definitely did not meet expectations and for that the reputation, name, and sales all suffered but the newer models seem to be getting a lot more attention and for the price it's pretty hard to beat when compared to the alternatives.

I'm not bashing the Z at all because I think the competition between manufacturers right now is awesome but GM does have some work to do regardless of if they sell a ton of them or not.

With that said, dodge also has some work to do on the viper because of the hellcat power. I've also heard the brakes aren't as good as they could be even though they are massive Brembo's.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    Viper isn't going anywhere imo. The old ones definitely did not meet expectations and for that the reputation, name, and sales all suffered but the newer models seem to be getting a lot more attention and for the price it's pretty hard to beat when compared to the alternatives.
    Shutting down the assembly line for months (because of an excess inventory supply) and lowering the price by like 15k dollars makes it pretty apparent that the newest viper was underwhelming, especially to current viper owners (Most of the shit talking and disappointment on the internet came from viper owners). Sales numbers are still very small, but they apparently restarted production sometimes in late 2014 after months of being shut down. It may stick around as a halo car, but they're not helping themselves out by putting out a more powerful 60k dollar car that can run even with the viper in a straight line, which is all most people care about. The Viper is a great car, and in no way do I want it to go away, but the business these days is all about the bottom dollar, and the viper isn't making FCA any money. And it kind of almost feels like the torch has been passed to the hellcat cars now. At the Denver auto show this year, nobody was looking at the viper, which you could get right up next to. They were all staring at the hellcat challenger which was roped off. And there cant be some cheaper base model viper that's 60 grand that the old farts that just want the look of a viper can go buy. The Viper faithful wouldn't like it, but if Dodge could put out a cheaper car, with say the 6.4 hemi under the hood and an auto trans as an option, for 60k, it would sell like hotcakes. Something like that would ensure a good business case to keep the viper around.

Ralph Gilles fucked the rollout of the Gen V up- completely. Viper is now back under the Dodge name, and priced where it should have been all along. Sales numbers increased something like 184% towards the end of last year. That's great and the car that was never meant to sell in huge numbers.

The torch in no way has been passed to the Hellcat cars. Dodge CEO Tim Kuniskis was adamant when he said they were very careful in the way they marketed those cars- as the most powerful muscle cars ever. He stated that they feel they already have a halo track car with the Viper.

The whole "underwhelming" argument is grasping at straws at this point. SRT had an issue that Dodge corrected. GM/Corvette team has an issue that needs correcting. I'm hoping that it will be. I don't have a "hate boner" for the new Z06, or whatever term you want to apply to me. It's not an exclusive car, it's a one size fits all car. The C6 Z06/ZR1 cars were exclusive and geared towards a niche crowd.

red
    95 Z28

I was wrong on the ZO6 overheating issue. Apparently it isn't the charge cooling at all. I guess the IAT2s on the LT4 are great (post-charged). It's a super conservative tune. The guys running tunes haven't had any reliability issues and aren't losing power like with the OE tune. Lose your warranty though. GM responded to the issue claiming (as expected) that the conservative tune helps them hit their emissions and warranty targets. Not shocking for a boosted 650hp motor carrying a 100k warranty.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

That's the kicker. LMR gave me a quote for their stage III package. I figured if the tune alone was going to void the warranty, why stop there. They're working with Magnuson on a 2.9 liter blower

Black still looks the best

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

I don't have a "hate boner" for the new Z06, or whatever term you want to apply to me.
    Ok i'm not here to start shit or just be a dick...but seriously dude...you show up in EVERY SINGLE THREAD that even mentions the Z06 and just bash to no end. That's the definition of "hate boner". We've had this discussion before. Why? If you have issues with the Z06, buy the goddamn Viper. Either car is among the top echelon of performance vehicles. This is such a stupid thing to be stuck on!

In fact, were I in the market for this level of car, i'd be very tempted to buy a Viper at this point. Like it or not, the Viper's days are numbered. it may not be going away just yet, but it's not going to last. It's been in the crosshairs of bean counters over three iterations of the Chrysler corp for over a decade now. Fiat is running into major issues with profitability in the US...guess which platform is going to be the first to get the axe when they are forced to start making cuts? The only way the Viper will survive is if it is spun off into it's own brand, or sold as it's own brand. GM has already effectively done this for the Corvette from a marketing perspective. Corvette is not marketed as Chevrolet...just as "Corvette".

I've always wanted to own a Viper anyway...ever since the first generation, which is likely what I would buy...a 1993 RT in red. I still think that's the best looking Viper ever produced.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

But doesn't CAM02SS owns the current Vette

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    But doesn't CAM02SS owns the current Vette
    EXACTLY!!!!

He said that he had actually placed an order for the C7Z06 and canceled it!! This is what has me going nuts!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information