Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

2012 NFL training camp thread...

I know sws started a thread a while back but he always shits up his own threads talking smack so thought I'd start a new pre-season one since camps are about to open.

Couple of teams I like this year

NFC
    Pack.... will be in it although they won't win 15 and I see them having a hard time winning the division.
    Detroit....this is who I like to win that division. Gonna be tough again this year and better than last year I believe.
    Eagles.....sleeper team to watch. They didn't play up to expectations last year but were starting to show signs of life late. A happy DeSean will make a difference.

AFC
    Pats.....it's their conference to lose. Their D will have to play better though. If the same D shows up this year they won't make it.
    Denver.....they're going to contend this year. With their D and actually having a QB they'll be tough to beat. Weak division also favors them.
    Houston.....they got a taste of it last year. They have some good players on that team although I'm still not convinced they can put it all together to be a contender.
    I'm kinda stuck on who I like as a sleeper team for the AFC. I'm between Miami and Buffalo. Miami probably has the better team but Buffalo has been on the edge of being a good team for a while now.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

its the falcons year. I truly believe this!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we picked up Lofton from you guys and Tatupu got hurt this week......who does that leave you in the middle? Lofton was your leading tackler and in light of everything we've had go on this offseason he was a huge pick up for us. I think Matt Ryan is what holds you guys back every year. You've had a decent D and your run game is always bad ass.....Ryan just ends up looking like a deer caught in the headlights in big games. He should've already gotten over that by now.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I know this has nothing to do with pre-season but it still deals with football.

Directtv has a deal for the NFL package $200, normally about $360-400.

Seems like a good deal because I can't watch anything but sAints or Falcon games

Does any one have this?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

we're going to renew the nfl package this year.......really screwed up because direct tv just had that issue with viacom and we could've gotten it for free I'm sure had we of called them and bitched about it. It's still a helluva bargain at $200. If you don't live where your team is this is the only way to go. I saw every game last year the saints played. I would even dvr them and watch them when I got back from hunting. It's also nice when your team isn't playing because you can watch any other game you want. Living up I here I get stuck with some very shitty games on a regular basis on the local channels. Dallas and philly are playing each other and I get Cinci vs cleveland or pittsburgh vs jax or some stupid shit like that. Used to drive me crazy. I'll never not have the nfl package again.....I'm spoiled now.

Navy Blue Metallic

Thanks, You also answer my dvr question I forgot to ask.

Looks like I'm going to get this, too bad the wife doesn't know it yet...

Navy Blue Metallic

Brett Favre looks to sign with a new team this yr

Brett Favre looks set to return to football

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Lions cut Aaron Berry due to off the field arrests. Wonder how many games he's gonna miss? I noticed they didn't cut Fairly who also has 2 arrests this offseason. Not sure if I've missed any but at my count there have been 28 arrests this offseason. The Lions alone have had 7 of those.

Navy Blue Metallic

How does the Cowboys still have the bad boy rep?

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Cause they are bad in every sense of the word.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    they have a couple too....didn't Dez beat up his own momma or something a week or two ago??

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Lions cut Aaron Berry due to off the field arrests. Wonder how many games he's gonna miss? I noticed they didn't cut Fairly who also has 2 arrests this offseason. Not sure if I've missed any but at my count there have been 28 arrests this offseason. The Lions alone have had 7 of those.
    Even ex-lions, Eric Wright, got in trouble. I've heard the NFL will fine the team if it continues. IMO they need to be, our young punk attitude is 1 of our major flaws as a team. Our maturity will make/break us.

We got a Iowa grad for our o-line in the draft, but heard he isn't good for pass blocking, which is 95% of our offense. Stafford will have a bigger year than last, if he stays healthy for the whole year.

Our division will be one of the toughest this year, GB is good, Bears will be better IMO and Lions are stronger. Wildcard will be vary interesting this year for the NFC.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I agree....there are going to be some good NFC teams this year watching the playoffs from home. The NFC west is going to piss off the league again with a 9-7 team making the playoffs while a 10-6 team sits it out.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Some 9-7 teams deserve to be there just ask the Giants

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i hope this season is beter than last... what a stupid season...

Navy Blue Metallic

98 Formula
    06 duramax

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Brown's are installing trucker showers and offering a $7 T-bone.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

I don't know what to think of Manning being here in Denver. If he's back to the old Peyton, then awesome! If he's still not 100% then it could go south in a hurry. I think we'll finish 8-8 again this year. Peyton needs time to click with all the receivers and get into rhythm, and the schedule is pretty brutal. I think next year they'll be contenders in a big way.

Houston would have been in the Super Bowl last year and probably won it all had it not been for Matt Schuab getting hurt. If he can stay healthy(and that's a big IF) they are my Super Bowl pick from the AFC.

NFC is pretty much up for grabs. The NFC doesn't really seem to separate itself between mediocrity and elite like the AFC does.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

the patriots are the only elite team in the AFC really. You could argue the steelers are too but that's about it and the steelers are getting old in all the wrong positions. The NFC just has a lot more teams that are really good. I disagree on the Broncos......Manning has a shelf life......he doesn't have 3-5 years to get a rythm with those guys. It's almost a win now or never deal with him. He has maybe 3 years but IMO that's probably the ceiling for him. I also think he's good enough to step onto the field with any team and be good. You give him someone that can catch the ball and he will put it there plus he's a coach on the field. Combine that with Denvers D and they're going to give some teams fits this year. I won't be at all surprised if they're playing in the superbowl this year.......that's how good I think they'll be. The pats gotta get some D....their D was shameful last year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information