Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

2011 z28.........

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

What is an LSA (Supercharged 6.2L in the CTS-V)? I thought that was the LS9? or is the LSA the de-tuned version as to not have any competitors with the ZR1?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hell yeah!!!!

and the lsa is a detuned version of the ls9. with a lil different internals

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I like it. ALOT!!!!!

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    What is an LSA (Supercharged 6.2L in the CTS-V)? I thought that was the LS9? or is the LSA the de-tuned version as to not have any competitors with the ZR1?
    I'd say so - I highly doubt it'll have 638 ponies.......(I still need to read the article, and now I see that it has 556)

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

looks good...i like it...although we should concern ourselves with the 2010 gettin out the door first.

Another reason I bought the vette.
    04 C5 A4 Torch Red - sold
    2009 CTS4 Ice Black - sold
    2013 1500 Silverado Z71 - sold
    02 Z/28 M6 Onyx Black All Options - Sold

2014 Caddy CTS4 - DD
    2016 Silverado 2500HD
    2020 Caddy XT6
    2020 2SS Vert

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    looks good...i like it...although we should concern ourselves with the 2010 gettin out the door first.
    +1 lets hope GM makes it out of their financial problems first

impulse blue
    06 GTO

sick and tired of hearing about the new Camaro.

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

It's not just the fact that GM is short of cash; the other issue is the tougher CAFE standards that will mandate the automaker meet 35 mpg across its fleets by 2020. While being grilled by Congress last year, all three Detroit automakers unequivocally agreed they would meet that target. Which means large, heavy rear-drive cars don't have much of a future beyond the end of the next decade.

I sure do feel sorry for my future kids =\

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

sick and tired of hearing people complaining about the camaro in a thread specifically for the new camaro

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by pjeff7 View Post
    I sure do feel sorry for my future kids =\
    this is a reply more to the quote that you replied to rather than to your response.

the automakers could get better fuel economy and meet cafe standards with a bit more ease if they stopped making their trucks bigger every single year and putting more and more features on them year after year.

dodge adds new cargo bed storage containers and drop down steps to their trucks...how much does that all weigh? chevy makes it's biggest 1500 series truck EVER now and ford and dodge are all going in the same direction.

how about they start by putting the trucks on a diet. scale them back down in size and weight, tweak the engines that they have...direct fuel injection technology reaps a couple more mpg on the new caddy cts...put it in the trucks as well. with weight reduction and improved fuel delivery they should be able to get the trucks to get maybe 4 or even 5 more mpg.

another thing that they can do is instead of bitching about cafe all the time and how it's going to hurt their sales so much and their profit margin by having to make 2 different cars...b/s. california is going to get the cafe exemption and get tougher standards, new york, new jersey, pennsylvania, ohio, and half of the rest of the country will follow suit. rather than making 2 different cars for two different emissions rules...just make them all the california model and be done with it. it'll save money from making 2 separate engines for the same vehicle, it'll meet the cafe standards easier, and the overall cost to the consumer will be lowered as they are making one engine spec per model vehicle rather than 2.

seems like they might think a bit more about how to do things rather than just complain...especially since they knew that the cafe regs were going to be updated when they were and that they were going to get stricter not looser.

White
    '10 ZR1

this is a reply more to the quote that you replied to rather than to your response.

the automakers could get better fuel economy and meet cafe standards with a bit more ease if they stopped making their trucks bigger every single year and putting more and more features on them year after year.

dodge adds new cargo bed storage containers and drop down steps to their trucks...how much does that all weigh? chevy makes it's biggest 1500 series truck EVER now and ford and dodge are all going in the same direction.

how about they start by putting the trucks on a diet. scale them back down in size and weight, tweak the engines that they have...direct fuel injection technology reaps a couple more mpg on the new caddy cts...put it in the trucks as well. with weight reduction and improved fuel delivery they should be able to get the trucks to get maybe 4 or even 5 more mpg.
    This isn't intended to grill you - but your above statements about mileage really don't make sense. I'll just talk about the newest V-8(small V-8 probably) Chevrolet pickups to get across what I'm saying.

They're advertising 21 mpg right now - to my knowledge, that has never happened before with Chevy. Even with more features and being 'bigger'. So where does your arguement stand now? It would seem to me they are moving in the right direction by increasing their fuel mileage to the highest level they've ever had in their full-size pickups.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    This isn't intended to grill you - but your above statements about mileage really don't make sense. I'll just talk about the newest V-8(small V-8 probably) Chevrolet pickups to get across what I'm saying.

They're advertising 21 mpg right now - to my knowledge, that has never happened before with Chevy. Even with more features and being 'bigger'. So where does your arguement stand now? It would seem to me they are moving in the right direction by increasing their fuel mileage to the highest level they've ever had in their full-size pickups.
    In my brothers 2001 seirra z71 with the 5.3 in it, I can manage 18-19mpg on the highway. and that was even mixed with a little city driving.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post

no i've seen that stats and i don't disagree with that statement at all.

all i'm saying is that detroit is whining and crying like a bunch of bitches right now about cafe standards that they knew were coming and yet every year they make their trucks bigger and weigh more (even while increasing fuel efficiency) and then they bitch that they won't be able to make the fuel economy regulations. if they put their trucks and larger vehicles on a diet they would meet the regulations a lot easier. that's what i was trying to say.

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

all i'm saying is that detroit is whining and crying like a bunch of bitches right now about cafe standards that they knew were coming and yet every year they make their trucks bigger and weigh more (even while increasing fuel efficiency) and then they bitch that they won't be able to make the fuel economy regulations. if they put their trucks and larger vehicles on a diet they would meet the regulations a lot easier. that's what i was trying to say.
    I also understand what your saying, look at 1/2 ton trucks from the 80s and look at 1/2 trucks today they do seem a lot bigger.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

As long as they keep making these motors that are easy to swap into my 4th gen, who gives a shit.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

White
    '10 ZR1

They're just whining because they're almost bankrupt but still have the constraints coming at them like a freight train. Even so, they're still ever so slowly increasing their mileage in their full-size trucks.

You are right about them making the regs easier if they put their trucks on a diet, I agree!

Sebring Silver
    00 Camaro SS/09 LS3 Vette

that 6.2 is mass produced not hand built like the LS9. There is a difference

Black
    99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    +1 lets hope GM makes it out of their financial problems first
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=153&sid=5621740

Thats def not a good sign for our hopes of seeing this car in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information