Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28

2010 Nascar Mustang

*I searched for nascar mustang first before posting this...

2010 Ford Mustang to be Raced in NASCAR Nationwide Series Unveiled

In July, Ford announced that it would bring the Mustang back to NASCAR in July 2010 when a limited number of Mustangs will race at the Daytona International Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. The Roush Fenway Racing and Con-way Freight Mustang was officially unveiled yesterday.

While the Mustang is no stranger to the track, competing in various drift events -- the Grand-Am Koni Challenge Series, and the SCCA World Challenge Series to name a few -- but the famous pony car has been absent from stock car racing since 1969. Next July will be the first time since then that the Mustang will hit the oval track.

“This truly marks the start of the next era of Mustang Racing. We fully expect this Mustang, with drivers like Colin [Braun] behind the wheel, to start to enjoy the kind of success so many other Mustang racing programs have enjoyed throughout the last four decades,” said Brian Wolfe, director of Ford North America Motorsports.

“Mustang is a proud and historic brand for Ford. This is a car born to race, and NASCAR is the next logical step for its racing pedigree.”

Even though the Mustang is making a return to NASCAR, the car will only be raced in limited numbers, meaning there will be two different Ford vehicles on the track next season. The very heavily modified Ford Fusion stock cars will still see track time in the Nationwide Series. Keep your eyes peeled next season when the Ford Mustang finally gets back to the stock car circuit.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6596...led/index.html

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Pretty cool. I wanna see the gen-5 maro out there too.

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

cant beleive that GM is stupid enough to over look this market

What they need to do is lose the common platform and let them look like they are suppse to... then even it up under the hood or whatever. Time to make it STOCK car racing again.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    what they need to do is lose the common platform and let them look like they are suppse to... Then even it up under the hood or whatever. Time to make it stock car racing again.
    and get rid of the fkkin restrictor plates dammit!!!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

And close the windows up! Along with unlimited gearing, cubic inches, and rpm

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd go almost the other way. Have them run a 305 small block in there with stock sheet metal. The slower and less aerodynamic they are the better the racing would be. You have to be able to drive to win races when your car handles like shit. A bump on the back stretch doesn't send you into the wall at 200 mph and destroy your car.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

from what Ive seen/heard .. the Camaro is going Sports Car raceing .. Heard it is going to replace the GXP.R in Rolex GT series ..

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I though NASCAR race cars had to be from a sudan model? Now they decide to go to sports coupes.

2011 Prius

GM use to race the Monte Carlo a few years ago... But it does not matter these cars are no where near what the cars you can buy at the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I though NASCAR race cars had to be from a sudan model? Now they decide to go to sports coupes.

spice red
    2006 gto

I think I read somewhere that Dodge is going to race the Challenger, and that GM is sticking with the Impala.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

I hear nascar was going to go fuel injection also.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Only time will tell.

Old Enough to Know Better Crimson Sin's Avatar

Red Fire
    2007 Mustang GT/CS

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Pretty cool. I wanna see the gen-5 maro out there too.
    Yeah buddy, not that I am a Nascar fan (well today's nascar)
    But I think it would be Awesome to see a Camaro, Challenger and Mustang on the track competing !! ( listed alphabetically to be impartial)
    And if they would go back to Real Stock Car racing... Man, I would become an instant fan..
    Yeah I know.. It's a dream, guy has to have a dream tho..

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Well, think about it...the horespower wars really never died. Nader killed the muscle car, but there were always the folks who were die hard enough to hold onto some of these gems and build them up. Then the name Challenger and Charger came back and the competition pretty much said and the war was on again. Smaller displacement V8s pushing out 400hp, naturally aspirated V6s pushing out 300hp. Hell, Hennessy is building gen 5 maros to look like the classic Yenkos now. And Nickey is building up gen 5s as well. It's like horsepower wars or the 60s/70s are coming back with a vengeance.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Well, think about it...the horespower wars really never died. Nader killed the muscle car, but there were always the folks who were die hard enough to hold onto some of these gems and build them up. Then the name Challenger and Charger came back and the competition pretty much said and the war was on again. Smaller displacement V8s pushing out 400hp, naturally aspirated V6s pushing out 300hp. Hell, Hennessy is building gen 5 maros to look like the classic Yenkos now. And Nickey is building up gen 5s as well. It's like horsepower wars or the 60s/70s are coming back with a vengeance.
    I never understood the "muscle is dead" from '73 up til they got fast again say in the mid 80's. Cubic inches went up after muscle was "dead" pretty much across the board until almost '80. Big inch small blocks became more common. A weekend, socket set, two buddies and alot of beer would have you running with any of the older factory performance cars. Lets use a 350 '78 Z-28. Sure if you lived in a gay state back in the day, the single low flow pellet cat was an issue. Not in Texas, they didn't care if you dropped the bb's out of the "drain bolt"- a general description of what my dad did to his Monza to run cheap leaded fuel. As long as it passes visual, just like the Formula now. Slap a tunnel ram, headers, and some "camel humps" on your smogger 350 and you'll have the same compression and port flow as the old cars. Or just drop one of the older faster motors into your car for a direct swap. You could slap some junkyard go fast goodies on your smogger and be better than the "muscle days". All that most engines had changed on them was the heads which dropped compression and killed flow. This is when talking about like a '69 ss-350 10.25:1 cast motor, not a forged Lt-1 or comparing an ls6 to a peanut port 454. I mean the mid range muscle motors. Oh yeah and, Nascar is boring as hell. I liked when Earnhardt was still alive, much more exciting

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    I hear nascar was going to go fuel injection also.
    I saw an interview with someone...forget who but it was a team owner that was developing FI for nascar. It's definitely going to happen...just a matter of time.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A View Post
    cant beleive that GM is stupid enough to over look this market
    GM also put 10-bolt rears in ls1 powered cars
    Also by GM you do mean Government Motors right?

end of my short rant

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I thought, with the exception of Toyota, that all the cars in NASCAR were American models.... In fact I didn't even know the nation of Sudan BUILT cars!!!

Sorry I had to do it

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Sin View Post
    Yeah buddy, not that I am a Nascar fan (well today's nascar)
    But I think it would be Awesome to see a Camaro, Challenger and Mustang on the track competing !! ( listed alphabetically to be impartial)
    And if they would go back to Real Stock Car racing... Man, I would become an instant fan..
    Yeah I know.. It's a dream, guy has to have a dream tho..
    They do ... its called SPEED GT Challenge ... Although the Challenger does not race in it .. and I doubt it will .. The Challenger is more like a 2 door 300 than a pony car ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information