Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

2007 Yamaha YZF600R

I ran across this bike while comparing 600cc sport bikes online. It looks like a really nice motorcycle for a $7,000.00 price tag. That silver Honda CBR600RR still looks the sweetest though but it's two grand more than any other bike I've looked at. Hmmm, this is a hard decision. I'm going shopping again after work and see what I can find, I'm still partial with the Honda though.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    I ran across this bike while comparing 600cc sport bikes online. It looks like a really nice motorcycle for a $7,000.00 price tag. That silver Honda CBR600RR still looks the sweetest though but it's two grand more than any other bike I've looked at. Hmmm, this is a hard decision. I'm going shopping again after work and see what I can find, I'm still partial with the Honda though.
    I sold my bike years ago...I got tired of people pulling out in front of me..like I was invisible..and I think drivers have gotten worse!!

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

theres a reason why that yzf600r is the cheapest 600 sportbike. its an older design which has since been suprassed in out and out performance by the more current models. that honda you like is a much racier bike. if your jus getting into riding and want a sport bike the yzf600r is a great choice. it sits 2 up comfortably if you have to, handles good, is reliable, and has a much more friendly power curve as a opposed to an r6 which will probably scare the shit out of you if your a first timer, the power delivery on that bike hits really hard and the bike is much more sensitive and twitchy. if i were you id pick up that yzf. get one that someone rode for 2 yrs and wants to get rid of. the best deals on motorcyles are on the used market. low miles, low prices.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I agree with 310.. Honda always cost more than any other brand... Lots of entry bike out there nowdays ..and in the 600cc range now ....good luck but look at Kawasaki and Suzuki also....

Yea the YZF is kinda like a Suzuki Katana, it is better but as far as a starter bike would be a good choice. I would personally go w/ the R6 if ya want a Yamaha. I owned a new 00 R6 & loved it, but traded it for a 01 GSX-R 600 & like it better! It is about your own preference, how you fit on the bike & everything, but that would be one of the cheaper ones in price if you are on a budget! The 600RR is nice & also the 636 which is a Kawasaki is really sweet, one of the fastest 600's!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

My brother had a CBR600RR until a few weeks ago when he low sided it avoiding a lifted pickup crossing double yellows. Anyway, he LOVED the Honda. LOVED it. Fast, handles like its on rails, fast... did I mention it was fast and handled well?

You should also look into the Triumph Daytona 675. Its a 3 cyl that is basically being awarded best bike of 06 in nearly every bike magaize. Its supposed to be bad ass all the way around.

BC

Thread Information