2006 Nissan Titan purchase questions...

Guys,

I am thinking of buying an 06 Titan. A local dealership has 4 trucks (not sure if they are SE or LE models), but they will come off the sticker $6,000 plus the $2,250 Nissan rebate. I am going to look at them tomorrow morning. I would appreciate comments/suggestions/opinions. Thx Guys.

cobrals1eater

trk

I have a Titan. It almost 2 years old now and seems to be a good truck so far. I put a cold air kit and dual exhaust on it and it helped it out quite a bit. I have to 9600LB towing package with the R.F. system and utility track package. Go to Titan Talk - forums - and there are thousands of post to answer any question you may have.

black
    Twin Turbo C5 Stroker WS6

They are the best pickup made. I drove them all. Most of my buddies all have them. The only thing they complain about is gas mileage...but that is the case with most pickups...that have power anyway. That is an excellent price.
    2001 C5 A4 1SC FE3 G92....STS GT32s Wilwood Brakes
    1998 WS6 M6 Callies 383 stroker
    2004 Avalanche Z71 4.10s, AR TTST 18s

Don't they have a lot of problems with their brakes?

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by Whocares View Post
    They are the best pickup made. I drove them all. Most of my buddies all have them. The only thing they complain about is gas mileage...but that is the case with most pickups...that have power anyway. That is an excellent price.
    I have a Ford F150 FX4 4x4 and my good friend has the Titan. There is no way I could/would say they are the best pickup made. However, I have driven his many times and he has driven mine. My F150 is more quiet inside, they tow the same and are both awesome trucks. We got similar deals but his does have a couple features mine doesn't. I would say you CAN NOT go wrong buying a Titan though.

Quote Originally Posted by mobileone View Post
    Don't they have a lot of problems with their brakes?
    i have heard that as well on the titans/armadas rotors constantly warping but they prob. have that taken care of by now.

99 Mustang GT

I had a Titan crew cab LE 4wd and I got about 14mpg mixed hwy and city and 16-17mpg hwy. Loved the truck even with the minor problems I had. Mine was an 04 so first model year bugs needed worked out. I had a pwr window switch problem. I had the recall done on the brakes too. They put better pads and rotors on. Supposed to be that way from the factory now.
    The only reason I got rid of it because I needed something that got better mileage for my wife to drive to work.
    99 Mustang 3V conversion GT 5spd
    L/T, catted X, Pro dumps, CAI, Custom tune, 4.10 gear, 26x11.5x17 E.T. Streets. After market upper and lower control arms and adjustable struts and shocks, stock springs.
    12.11@112.54

Well, I bought a 2006 Silverado LT1....Regular Cab, Short Bed, Locking Differential, 3.73 gears, Towing package, OnStar, XM Satellite radio, Power drivers seat, Fog lamps, sliding rear window, HD suspension, etc. The rebate was supposed to be $3,500, but they added an extra $1,000 to it for some reason or another. I didn't argue with the salesman when he told me that. I wound up financing $23,000 even after my trade. So I think that is a pretty good price with all the options it has.

black
    Twin Turbo C5 Stroker WS6

Quote Originally Posted by nosfed View Post
    I have a Ford F150 FX4 4x4 and my good friend has the Titan. There is no way I could/would say they are the best pickup made. However, I have driven his many times and he has driven mine. My F150 is more quiet inside, they tow the same and are both awesome trucks. We got similar deals but his does have a couple features mine doesn't. I would say you CAN NOT go wrong buying a Titan though.
    Go on a highway and kick it down...I bet the titan smokes the f150 which is all bottom end. I tried to pass someone in an f150 and the thing couldnt get out of its own way. I agree with your other points...they are both nice trucks...just dont like the ford modular motors at all...unless they have a blower on them.

green
    95 firebird

Go on a highway and kick it down...I bet the titan smokes the f150 which is all bottom end.
    I think that's what he has the f-body for.

The Titan does feel great. I still wouldn't buy it though. Foreign and work truck don't mix for me. Wouldn't hesitate getting a foreign sports car, but if I were to get a p/u, I'd definately want American.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Go on a highway and kick it down...I bet the titan smokes the f150 which is all bottom end. I tried to pass someone in an f150 and the thing couldnt get out of its own way. I agree with your other points...they are both nice trucks...just dont like the ford modular motors at all...unless they have a blower on them.
    Yes that blower is a wonderful thing...sorry couldnt help myself...good choice on going with the Silverado though

Grilled Cheese rocks!!!!! slo4mula's Avatar

GM Bright Red
    2000 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan View Post
    I think that's what he has the f-body for.

The Titan does feel great. I still wouldn't buy it though. Foreign and work truck don't mix for me. Wouldn't hesitate getting a foreign sports car, but if I were to get a p/u, I'd definately want American.
    The Titan was designed by americans, built by americans, and sold only in America...if I remember correctly.

The Titan is built right outside of Jackson.MS and the motor is built somewhere in TN. I don't think you can really call it an import truck. As far as buying American goes, I think the Chevy and the GMC are built in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    The Titan is built right outside of Jackson.MS and the motor is built somewhere in TN. I don't think you can really call it an import truck. As far as buying American goes, I think the Chevy and the GMC are built in Canada.
    Or Mexico.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Step away from the crack pipe.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Kimber View Post
    Yup...all Ford/GM's are built outside the country...and Nissan and Toyota are all American. Yup. Brilliant first post. Please tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Step away from the crack pipe.
    Who....me?

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

No you posted to fast and fucked me all up

What would you like to know?

Thread Information