Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Unhappy 2 Young Boys Die In River.........

Well I got a few calls from back home yesterday about this story. Sad terrible accident. 9 year old tried to rescue his 4 year old brother and they both die.........

A third-grader tried to rescue his 4-year-old brother from the St. Marys River on Sunday, Harrison Hill administrators said in a letter sent home alerting parents to the boys’ drowning deaths Monday.

Cody M. Mann, 9, and Kendal Dominick Lumpkin, 4, were pronounced dead at Parkview Hospital at 1:30 a.m. Monday

Fort Wayne police were called by the boys’ mother, Melissa Morrill, to the Fairfield Gardens apartment complex in the 400 block of Fairwick Lane about 7 p.m. Sunday after they went missing.

She told police they had been playing outside when she noticed they were gone. She and a family member searched for the boys before calling police, but it was not known how long they had been missing, Deputy Chief Karl Niblick said.

Morrill, who spoke briefly over the phone Monday, said she had been searching for the boys since 5 p.m.

How the two boys ended up in the river was not known, said Rodney Clear, spokesman for the Indiana conservation officers leading the investiga- tion.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department was called to assist in the search for the two boys after 8 p.m., fire department spokesman Capt. Matt Brokaw said.

About the same time the fire department arrived, police followed footprints from the playground behind the apartments, and a police officer found Cody in the river unresponsive, according to police and state conservation officers.

Officials changed their search for Hollis from a rescue to a recovery after they found the boy's hat and one of his Spiderman boots in the river.

The Fort Wayne Fire Department Water Rescue scuba divers were then called to the scene and searched the river for Kendal.

At 8:29 p.m., he was brought from the river by firefighters and paramedics, placed on a cot and rushed to a waiting ambulance.

He said the boys, who were unresponsive when they were found, never regained consciousness.

"It would be believed that the water was high at one time there, then it dropped, leaving the banks real icy," said Conservation Officer Rodney Clear from the Indiana Department of Natural Resources. "With the recent high waters we've had, it stayed on the bank and froze there. It's hard not to slip."

SO SAD KIDS WERE PROBABLY JUST BEING KIDS!! With NO supervision.

Clear said he could not determine definitively that the boys slipped, only that it was a best guess by investigators.

WATCH YOUR KIDS AROUND WATER!!! WTF
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that is fucking terrible... thier parents should be locked in a room with pictures of them and videos... make them see evry day what they let happen...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Terribly tragic.

2000 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 A4 - Light Pewter Metallic
    Direct Flo lid, SLP Loudmouth, Bassani Offroad Y-Pipe, BMR strut tower brace, BMR subframe connectors, shift points tune and !EGR

2011 Kia Forte EX A6 Sportmatic - Titanium Silver Metallic

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    that is fucking terrible... thier parents should be locked in a room with pictures of them and videos... make them see evry day what they let happen...
    Yeah where it happened is the ghetto and apparently the mother was inside taking care of a new born. So unfortunately she has another kid to try and parent. Could you imagine if it was a freak accident though and she was just trying to feed the baby and the 9 year old kept begging to go out and play...... Come on mommy I'll watch Kendal. So finally she gives in and lets them go to play........ Fuck your neighbors death stares at you everyday. Pulling up to the apartments and seeing the river.....

Don't get me wrong I can't believe ANYONES parents could let this happen in the first place!
    Last edited by LS2Tuner; 02-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Ah man that's horrible...RIP. That 9 year old is more of a man than most grown men will ever be...tried to save his little bro. In that ice water I don't think anyone could of saved the 4 year old without proper gear.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Ah man that's horrible...RIP. That 9 year old is more of a man than most grown men will ever be...tried to save his little bro. In that ice water I don't think anyone could of saved the 4 year old without proper gear.
    True that!! I have always thought drowning would be one of the worst ways to die....... They say you live for quit a while. I just hope for that little soldiers sake he died fast due to the cold water!

It had to be icy ass fuck too. They just had all 3 of the rivers that run through the town flood for over a week. All kinds of streets closed and people making sand bags. That whole river bank was probably a sheet of ice under the snow............ Fucked Up Shit!!!!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

electric fence.....dog collars.....problem solved

98 Formula
    06 duramax

mom or dad can't be there all the time.....just a bad accident. Probably out horsing around by a river that they've been told to stay away from a dozen times and it bit them on the ass. I hate to see kids end up like this, sucks, but not necessarily the mom's fault. Kids can't be kept inside all the time and as a parent you can't be there to watch over their shoulder 24/7. These kids were awful young, hate to see that happen.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Very very sad story

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    mom or dad can't be there all the time.....just a bad accident. Probably out horsing around by a river that they've been told to stay away from a dozen times and it bit them on the ass. I hate to see kids end up like this, sucks, but not necessarily the mom's fault. Kids can't be kept inside all the time and as a parent you can't be there to watch over their shoulder 24/7. These kids were awful young, hate to see that happen.
    x2... normally i will always blame parents for stupid shit their kids do, but i think in this case, it was just an accident that may or may not have been due to lack of supervision. The fact is, this woman will have to deal with the loss of her 2 sons forever and im sure she will be fucked in the head emotionally because of it.

Thread Information