Talking 1,000 miles, two shows from seattle bands, and a great time

I Just wanted to share my experience over this past weekend. I had a friend with me for an awesome road trip. First on the hit list was Cleveland, OH. We set off from Muncie, IN about 1130am on Saturday morning to see PEARL JAM perform that night at quicken arena in Cleveland at 730pm. We made it there early and had a few drinks with Jeremy (1fastcamarosss) also checked out his ride after (awesome BTW)

Eddie Vedder opened the show with "Last Kiss" before the other band even played. It was a smart move, it drew the crowd into their seats to watch the opening act and he sang the first song of their set with them. A Special treat for the early birds. After the opening band played PJ Came out with Better Man and Continued to play for about 3 hours until their 2nd encore closed with Yellow Ledbedder. I had a great time and after the show we went out for a drink and headed back out on the road towards chicago where we crashed at my parents place.

In Chicago Alice in Chains was playing a small rehersal tour and got back together with new singer William Deval, a very good front man for a band who had it's lead singer OD a few years ago. It was good to hear them live but the opening band sucked. They did not work the crowd, introduce themselves, or even mention alice one. Maybe the bass player did when he walked over to the mic a few times but you couldn't understand him. The lead singer was just on crack spazzing out on the stage. Despite his range he was an ungrateful SOB... When alice came on you could tell Jerry led the band, but they all played as one. They had some sound and monitor issues but played through them just fine, Cantrell even joked saying "at least you know it's live, and we're not playing a cd."

All in all it was one of the greatest weekends I've ever had, made me forget for a while all the shit I've been going through with my car getting wrecked and showed me I could still have a good time no matter what the circumstance. Both bands being from seattle and seeing them on back to back nights playing their heart out can't compair to anything else I've seen in concert. Just hope I'm up there someday... To all you fans of these bands, rock on and if you get a chance to see them, enjoy it! - Mad

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

it was a great show. nice to meet you and frank also. thanks for the comment on the car. you will get your fixed and we will all ride down to atl, or somewhere. maybe go bother joel, and jaison.

Black
    99 SS

u know where im at, not to far away man

good times good times

Thread Information