Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

0rion's roadside assistance service....

Last Monday my bro and I went fishing. I hauled the boat over to the lake which is about 20 minutes from here. The closer I got to the lake I noticed the truck wasn't running quite right. It had no power and was taking quite a bit of throttle to keep it running at 55mph. I get there and it's idling fine and all that, just no power. I have my bro get in the truck and rev it and sure as shit the exhaust is really muffled. Plugged cat.

We fish and he asks if I want him to tow the boat home and I said no that I could make it. Well, about halfway home I got this damn thing floored and it's doing maybe 30mph. I get to a little town just a few minutes from the house and pull over and call my wife with a tools list. It consisted of a hacksaw.

She shows up with the kids and the required hacksaw and I start cutting. There's no room to really work the saw so it's slow going for a while. Then I start cussing. After about 3-4 good cuss word combinations it dawns on me that I'm cutting a piece of shit cat off my truck laying in some gravel with a nasty sun burn in a church parking lot. Hopefully the people walking by didn't get an ear full. Just another step for me towards hell I guess.

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Last Monday my bro and I went fishing. I hauled the boat over to the lake which is about 20 minutes from here. The closer I got to the lake I noticed the truck wasn't running quite right. It had no power and was taking quite a bit of throttle to keep it running at 55mph. I get there and it's idling fine and all that, just no power. I have my bro get in the truck and rev it and sure as shit the exhaust is really muffled. Plugged cat.

We fish and he asks if I want him to tow the boat home and I said no that I could make it. Well, about halfway home I got this damn thing floored and it's doing maybe 30mph. I get to a little town just a few minutes from the house and pull over and call my wife with a tools list. It consisted of a hacksaw.

She shows up with the kids and the required hacksaw and I start cutting. There's no room to really work the saw so it's slow going for a while. Then I start cussing. After about 3-4 good cuss word combinations it dawns on me that I'm cutting a piece of shit cat off my truck laying in some gravel with a nasty sun burn in a church parking lot. Hopefully the people walking by didn't get an ear full. Just another step for me towards hell I guess.
    Well your day was better than mine. At least you got to go fishing I haven't been fishing over 6 months fucking college!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    Well your day was better than mine. At least you got to go fishing I haven't been fishing over 6 months fucking college!
    that was my first time out this year. Caught ~10 catfish. Nothing with any size to it really. I caught 1 blue cat that went about 4lbs. I caught it on my ultralight pole with a minnow. I have 4lb test on it so it made for a good fight. The rest were all 2lb channels. Had those and hush puppies yesterday.

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Dam sounds good to me

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

What lake did you go to?

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

fishing is bad ass here in florida, Monster Bass.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

so what happened lol... was it nice and loud? i say you leave the free mod on....
    your the one that does stupid shit right? like ride a mower into a pile of leaves and hammer your nuts if i remeber correctly

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    What lake did you go to?
    it's called Buckeye Lake. Not really known for much other than catfish. I've caught a bunch of crappie out of there but catfish is mainly what's in the lake and they're generally in the 2lb range.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    so what happened lol... was it nice and loud? i say you leave the free mod on....
    your the one that does stupid shit right? like ride a mower into a pile of leaves and hammer your nuts if i remeber correctly
    I cut the other side of the pipe today and took the cat off. It had completely dislodged on the inside and wedged sideways blocking the exit. It's very very loud and I'll weld in a piece of pipe in it's place tomorrow or later this week sometime.

I would say I do "stupid" shit......just a series of misfortunate events. Yes, I hit myself in the balls with a hammer last year and accidently kicked my mower into gear getting off of it and ran it into a bonfire.

I cut the other side of the pipe today and took the cat off. It had completely dislodged on the inside and wedged sideways blocking the exit. It's very very loud and I'll weld in a piece of pipe in it's place tomorrow or later this week sometime.

I would say I do "stupid" shit......just a series of misfortunate events. Yes, I hit myself in the balls with a hammer last year and accidently kicked my mower into gear getting off of it and ran it into a bonfire.
    i don't even want to know how you hit yourself in the balls with a hammer.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Those cats must have been glowing red. Just drill em out!

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    fishing is bad ass here in florida, Monster Bass.
    I was fishing on a small river, on a boat, with my cousin in Royal Palm, and a gad damn alligator swam by us! I will never do that again haha.

blue
    83 mustang 347

who was the guy that got knocked the fuck out by the bamboo?

doesn'tplaywellwithothers superchargedblackgto's Avatar

Black
    2004 GTO

Post up picks of teh crappy exaust.....since you are an expert on how they should look.....LOL
    Me

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedblackgto View Post
    Post up picks of teh crappy exaust.....since you are an expert on how they should look.....LOL
    Me
    my tips stick out exactly 4.5' less than yours do.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Those cats must have been glowing red. Just drill em out!
    yeah, you could've easily cooked off of it when I pulled over. I probably could've made it the rest of the way home but I wasn't willing to risk hurting the truck over a cat. It definitely wasn't sounding good.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    who was the guy that got knocked the fuck out by the bamboo?
    I think that was Modulistic iirc...

Black
    2004 GTO

my tips stick out exactly 4.5' less than yours do.
    Prove it....still don't see pics, and I am not going to defend my exaust.....crappy pic, and actually I need to mout the 2 bushings in the back, but I have to do some welding on it so.....I'll get around to it......probably b4 you reinstall ur wideband......

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

How is Opie and Aunt Bee?

Black
    2004 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    How is Opie and Aunt Bee?
    Not too bad....and my future x?.....How is she and my house comming along?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information