Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

'04 GTO or '02 SS?

Okay I have been looking around for awhile at different LS1 equiped cars.. And trying to figure out which one to buy that I can get the loan on... I found an '02 SS M6 with 20k miles for 18.9k which wasn't too bad, few mods, but nothing special. And today I found a '04 GTO with 25K for 22k M6. I have heard the the GTO has serious problems with exhaust and air/fuel mixtures, and really all around comes with a pretty bad tune..

Just want a little advice here not knowing anyone with a GTO so I don't know much about how they run/handle/perform... Infact I don't even really like the body design that much, but the interior on this one caught my eye.

So what can you people tell me, just not sure what one I should look at here.. And being sports cars of course they wont let you test drive anything until you get all the loan papers ready like you know you want to buy it...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

fuck them, if you can't test it, tell them you're going elsewhere. That's so lame-did you assume that or did they tell you that? I've never had a problem testing low milage, good looking cars and i'm not much older than you. Just talk straight and wear a polo shirt-they'll know you mean business then.

anyway, I'd go with the SS.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    fuck them, if you can't test it, tell them you're going elsewhere. That's so lame-did you assume that or did they tell you that? I've never had a problem testing low milage, good looking cars and i'm not much older than you. Just talk straight and wear a polo shirt-they'll know you mean business then.

anyway, I'd go with the SS.
    Lol I can walk in with a suit and tie on, and they wont let me, hell they wont let my father around here.. Most dealerships around here are sticklers to it, some of them will only give you a ride until you buy... I don't mind the paper work so much before, but I don't want to waste my time on the GTO if people confirm some of the stuff I have heard.

Black
    99 SS

id go with the SS for sure

Black
    99 SS

yea i test drove a 02 CE, and a saleen the same day at teh same dealership. and i was 19 at the time

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

We go for test drives all the time, just for fun and we go by ourselves with the car. The only car we were turned down on was the srt4 and I told the dealer "OK, I'll just go down and test drive the WRX" and he let us walk out, what an asshole huh ?
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    yea i test drove a 02 CE, and a saleen the same day at teh same dealership. and i was 19 at the time
    dude in new york its so easy to test drive a sports car... go to one of the shady used car lots on queens blvd and pretend your interested...sit down with them, ask them what they can do for you on the price, and tell them you want to drive it...lol last year, yes when i was 18, my friend and i went and test drove an STi and a honda s2000 in the same day from dealers right across the street form eachother...the things these ppl wont do to make a sale....

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

SS hands down, SS's are a rare find, atleast around herrrrrrrrrr.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by StangKiller615 View Post
    SS hands down, SS's are a rare find, atleast around herrrrrrrrrr.
    Fairly hard to find around here, and this one is a hard top, with a 6spd and cloth interior, and Pewter which is a more rare color also, only like 7% of them.

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

ick...i'd wait for t-tops and leather b4 getting that. are you sure it's a real SS?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Hardtop!!! Yummy!!
    Did they make them?? Option delete I assume?

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

ick...i'd wait for t-tops and leather b4 getting that. are you sure it's a real SS?
    Yes I checked it with SLP and the numbers are there, and it is a Real SS.. And I don't really care so much its cloth, its going to get Sparco anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos
    Hardtop!!! Yummy!!
    Did they make them?? Option delete I assume?
    And yes they did make them, not many and it was not an Option delete.

The Rookie
    Get the SS.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Wow looks like there arn't too many fans of the GTO here...

Let alone that I heard the '04 GTO only pulls like low 14's with a 6spd factory..

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

I'd get the car with the oil pressure gage

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TMF View Post
    I'd get the car with the oil pressure gage
    ARE you telling me the GTO doesn't have a friggen Oil pressure GAUGE?!?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE don't tell me thats what you are saying!

Hell they should have a oil and tranny temp gauge, and a/f mixture also!

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by nikos95 View Post
    ARE you telling me the GTO doesn't have a friggen Oil pressure GAUGE?!?!?!?!?!?!? PLEASE don't tell me thats what you are saying!

YEP!, that's what I'm tellin ya, can you believe it ? a performance car without a freakin oil pressure gage ?

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by nikos95 View Post
    did you find that in writting?

also, i'll give you a little insight. I tested an a4 ls1 goat and it was really slow compared to my ws.6. They are bigger, doppier, but definatly don't creek or come with the "plastic" look of the f-bods. The engine bays are bigger on goats and you can put a lot of mods in there, turbos, s/c's whatever. or you could be like "sarge" [look up his screen name, he should list what he did to his beast...]

black
    98 WS6

get the SS, it will be faster than the 04 gto, if you could get an 05 gto then it would be equally fast to the SS
    but seeing that you are 22, I'd get the SS for sure.

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

did you find that in writting?

also, i'll give you a little insight. I tested an a4 ls1 goat and it was really slow compared to my ws.6. They are bigger, doppier, but definatly don't creek or come with the "plastic" look of the f-bods. The engine bays are bigger on goats and you can put a lot of mods in there, turbos, s/c's whatever. or you could be like "sarge" [look up his screen name, he should list what he did to his beast...]
    Nope I didn't find that in writting... But I stronly think they should, and I am adding it to my '95 3.4L, but thats also gettin boost so... And those gauges will be in every single sports oriented car I own, and every truck I ever own.

But from the sounds of it, I will just stick with the SS than, heh I saw a pic of one last night with twin turbos knockin around 1800 rwhp... Thats more than I need. I'll be happy with this one around 450-500.. The one that hits the track wont be an SS to start, don't want to destroy one. That can be the 600-700hp one. But I'm a few years out from being able to afford that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information