2001 WS6, 2003 SRT4(sold)

'03 SRT-4 owner buys '01 WS6

I figured putting SRT-4 in the tagline would peak some interest It's true - today I purchased a 2001 WS6 (M6) with only 27,500 miles on it. And I still have the stage 1 '03 SRT-4.

Other than the obvious differences between the two, so far the most surprising for me has been the continuous power from 3rd to 4th. In the SRT-4, 4th gear is somewhat anemic. Not so in the LS1

I thought about posting pictures, but I'm pretty confident you folk know what a black WS6 looks like

The only questionable thing on the WS6 is the flowmaster exhaust. The previous owner kept the stock tips (fine by me) but from what I've been reading, flowmaster isn't great for anything besides its sound. I hope I'm not losing power because of it!

04 GTO QuickSilver
    95 MarkVIII wifey white

Quote Originally Posted by RandomO View Post
    I figured putting SRT-4 in the tagline would peak some interest It's true - today I purchased a 2001 WS6 (M6) with only 27,500 miles on it. And I still have the stage 1 '03 SRT-4.

Other than the obvious differences between the two, so far the most surprising for me has been the continuous power from 3rd to 4th. In the SRT-4, 4th gear is somewhat anemic. Not so in the LS1

I thought about posting pictures, but I'm pretty confident you folk know what a black WS6 looks like

The only questionable thing on the WS6 is the flowmaster exhaust. The previous owner kept the stock tips (fine by me) but from what I've been reading, flowmaster isn't great for anything besides its sound. I hope I'm not losing power because of it!
    Hey Random. Welcome and nice purchase. The Flowmasters are loud and powerful sounding but they are just a tad more restrictive than say Magnaflow-Corsa-Borla-Bassani etc. but like I said-just a tad so dont worry.
    04/A4 Quicksilver
    Magnflow catback-Resonator delete
    K&N drop in
    SAP front Grills and 05 hood
    Limo tinted windows-Gets me pulled over alot
    Diablosport Predator (RWTD) tune.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

I wouldn't say a tad. If you google a little more about crapmasters 80 series on fbodies... You'll see what I'm talking about.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

here we go, another muffler thread

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

i have the 40 series which is the highest flowing muffler flowmaster makes, and chances are thats what you have, altho the 80 series is the reccomended muffler for our cars , but still WHO CARES, wait till it rusts out in a couple years and get something nice

how much of a power / tq difference is there between your SRT and the WS6?

Thanks everyone.. I'll definitely google it, but I'm not sure what series muffler is in it. The owner didn't even remember if he had it done from the catback or back from y-pipe. Forgive me if that's wrong, but I'm pretty new to the LS1 world so I can only quote him. SRT-4 world I'm pretty knowledgeable.. but that's as far as I'll claim.

Zoso, I'm still assessing the power difference. I've not had much of a chance to run it through all the gears seeing as I just picked it up today and haven't registered it yet with the DMV. I'll say this thus far: the WS6 is obviously faster. The SRT-4's power slams on at low RPM because of its turbo, and has wretched first gear traction because of it. This is in stark contrast to the WS6's wonderful huge tires. It takes some skill to launch the FWD skittle properly. Anyway, I'm already very happy with my purchase and methinks I will soon sell the SRT-4.

Are there any other good LS1/WS6 forums worth checking out?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by RandomO View Post
    Are there any other good LS1/WS6 forums worth checking out?
    LS1tech.com

Thread Information