Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

~Sarge~ had Explosion @ oil refinery today.....

Holy shit looks like Sarge had a accident this morning..........
    All workers were accounted for about an hour after the explosion, said Blake Lewis, spokesman for refinery owner Alon USA. The injured worker was in the hospital, but the person's condition was not known, Lewis said.

The fire sparked by the blast was under control Monday morning, Lewis said. The Dallas-based company does not know what caused the explosion, he said.

The blast sent black smoke billowing into the sky, shut down a major interstate and left residents rattled.

"It was extremely scary. You shook you were so scared," said Laura McEwen, the wife of Mayor Russ McEwen who lives about two miles from the refinery. "Our walls shook. It jolted your bed. It was like an earthquake."

John Moseley, managing editor of the Big Spring Herald whose downtown office is also about two miles from the refinery, said, "I thought it would knock the walls down."

The refinery employs about 170 people and produces about 70,000 barrels a day.

Interstate 20 was shut down near the plant, Big Spring police spokesman Roger Sweatt said.

"There's some fire and a whole bunch of smoke," Sweatt said.

Big Spring is about halfway between Dallas and El Paso

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6c4_1203349452

ANOTHER REASON FOR THEM TO RAISE GAS PRICES!!
    Don't be afraid of the bottle!!! Be afraid of your tune!!!

NBM
    99 TA

holy fuck

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah the mushroom cloud they were showing on the news here was huge. That video clip I posted the link to the old lady said she lives over 2 miles away and it blew some of her doors open........

White
    '10 ZR1

That's no good. Hopefully the one person hurt makes it okay.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

sarge did it... "I SAID PENZOIL!!!" *boom!!!*

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    sarge did it... "I SAID PENZOIL!!!" *boom!!!*

SS Driver

Black
    00 Camaro SS #5255

I hope everyone is okay. I'd better gas up tonight because there going to go up, after that.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by SS goblin View Post
    I hope everyone is okay. I'd better gas up tonight because there going to go up, after that.
    I kind of doubt it........that's a pretty small refinery. 70,000 barrels a day isn't huge.

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

Yeah I just hope Sarge didn't get burnt too bad!

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    I kind of doubt it........that's a pretty small refinery. 70,000 barrels a day isn't huge.
    Yeah but they use any excuse they can. Any refinary problem and boom up
    .20 cents the next day.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LS2Tuner View Post
    Yeah I just hope Sarge didn't get burnt too bad!
    actually, Sarge didn't have anything to do with starting that fire. Shortly after the explosion the govenor called Sarge and briefed him on the situation. Immediately Sarge went into action. He started pounding beers as fast as the wife could bring them to him while sitting on the couch watching tv. 35 minutes later a chopper touched down in Sarge's trailer park and he boarded the chopper along with a cooler full of beer. 28 minutes later Sarge was on the scene. 5 minutes later he started pissing on the fire and 3 minutes after that the fire was completely out except for a few hot spots. He reloaded with 6 more beers and took care of the hot spots. Sarge is at home right now sleeping off the buzz.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    actually, Sarge didn't have anything to do with starting that fire. Shortly after the explosion the govenor called Sarge and briefed him on the situation. Immediately Sarge went into action. He started pounding beers as fast as the wife could bring them to him while sitting on the couch watching tv. 35 minutes later a chopper touched down in Sarge's trailer park and he boarded the chopper along with a cooler full of beer. 28 minutes later Sarge was on the scene. 5 minutes later he started pissing on the fire and 3 minutes after that the fire was completely out except for a few hot spots. He reloaded with 6 more beers and took care of the hot spots. Sarge is at home right now sleeping off the buzz.
    and in the end... sarge let chuck norris blow him...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Silver
    05 Goat SMASHED

You know how many of those 135 views were just because I said Sarge.... LOL
    It was a little experiment that worked! Glad that beer piss was able to put it out.

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Yeah but they use any excuse they can. Any refinary problem and boom up
    .20 cents the next day.
    If you dont like the way they do business you could always make your own.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby97SS View Post
    If you dont like the way they do business you could always make your own.
    So you agree with oil prices?

Catfish for Breakfast Bobby97SS's Avatar

white
    97 SS

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    So you agree with oil prices?
    I agree that capitalism works, oil companies spend thier own money to drill, ship, refine, distribute, etc. And the federal and state gov. makes much more money per gallon than the oil companies. And they have invested nothing. If you have a bitch about oil prices a good place to bitch at would be: Federal and state taxes. Tree hugger pieces of shit that stop new drilling and refining.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

I agree that capitalism works, oil companies spend thier own money to drill, ship, refine, distribute, etc. And the federal and state gov. makes much more money per gallon than the oil companies. And they have invested nothing. If you have a bitch about oil prices a good place to bitch at would be: Federal and state taxes. Tree hugger pieces of shit that stop new drilling and refining.
    Point taken, my frustration I guess isnt with the oil company but prices.

White and Orange
    1997 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    and in the end... sarge let chuck norris blow him...

White
    '10 ZR1

I agree, to a point..............but how can you refine more? I understand that the existing refineries have expanded production over the years.........but there have been no new refineries built in 25 years.......(because of our government and treehuggers) Do we bitch at the fed and state taxes? Or the fact that we can't refine more crude oil even if we had it?

And, the federal government has invested money by way of subsidies. In the billions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information