Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

*** First Fool to Post - The April TRAIN ***

This is a discussion on *** First Fool to Post - The April TRAIN *** within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; What a shitty day. Had to work today and my bosses husband had a massive heart attack this morning and ...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

What a shitty day. Had to work today and my bosses husband had a massive heart attack this morning and passed away.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

That sucks but when I go I want to go the same way. Fine one day then just completely shit the bed the next

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Ditto.

After taking another look at the thermostat setup on the Caddie I said f*** it. I'll run the stock 'stat to the next service interval. The original coolant and the internal passages that I could see all looked nice and clean. I hunted all over for a block drain, as the hose inlet and outlet on the engine seemed rather high up, but could not locate one. I ended up dumping a bit on the garage floor when I drained the radiator, so my best guess is that around 2/3 of the total volume of coolant was actually changed. The shocker was seeing the radiator after removing the splash guard. Its core is only around 5/8" thick, could even have been a bit less.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Saturday, April 15, 2017. First mow of the season at home and two yet to do. With three properties to mow now it may be a long year!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'm not pushing that issue, at all. Mower is 80% ready to go, just need to pull the deck off, sharpen the blades and grease things up and I'll be ready to roll.

Truck box is 75% sanded and nearly ready to be flipped upside down to take care of the bottom side, and hopefully prevent future rust issues.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Last full day in Chicago. I'm ready to go home. Think the kids are too. We walked 6 miles yesterday and 5 the day before. I'm not gonna walk today though. I'm over that shit haha

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

Survived another Orlando trip. Damn that place has gotten more built up. Universal is building a new water park now.

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

<< Other than flying in and out of Sanford, I have never been to any of that crap thankfully.

Navy Blue Metallic

Jeff you need to get out more....

This time of year is great time to visit the parks. Not to big of crowds and the temps are warm enough to do the water rides and not freeze your ass off but not roast when not on them.

We did Universal (also kinda pissed with them on one thing) The Harry Potter rides are good, not recommended if you get motion sickness easy. The Hulk and Rock-it coasters are a blast. Even the King Kong attraction was very good. I think the Terminator show is on it's last legs of it's run, the 3D is bad compared to the Minon's, Transformers, Spiderman, etc, hell it is just the worst now. Hurt my eyes, Shrek too and that was a fun show when it 1st came out. Simpsons still is fun but would be better if the went to HD graphics. My bitch with the Orlando Universal was they made such a big deal about opening up a Walking Dead attraction at their park but failed to say that it's only in the Hollywood location for the year and only from Sep to Oct for Orlando.

This trip as always re-enforced my belief that there should be a size limit enforced for Yoga or spandex pants/shorts for ppl. It's just too much to take....

They have a (for us) a new place outside the park called Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.

https://www.universalorlando.com/web...hen/index.html

OMG the food was awesome.....the deserts too. If you're going to spend $60-$100 in the part for their food you're better off coming outside and eating here for the same amount.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I always had a good time at Universal etc. Other than paying insane prices to get in and for everything inside but if you don't think about the money it's a good time. It's good to go new places too... we are spoiled with waterparks in WI and sometimes we get caught up planning so many trips there we forget to go outside of our local destinations.

Arctic White, red/gray

Audi really stuffed that 4.2 liter V8 into that A4 chassis when they made the S4. I'm pretty sure at this point you need to pull the motor to change the headers... which he was anyway. The frame rails actually go over the manifolds. The heads are large and cover the gapes on each side of the motor but big heads are expect on a v8 with 5 valves per cylinder. Other than the heads/valvetrain the motor isn't very big but somehow they fit 9.5 quarts of oil in

Last edited by Zinergy; 04-17-2017 at 10:07 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Navy Blue Metallic

Need a shoe horn....

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Well, I ordered a rear main oil seal and oil seal backing plate gasket. Gonna split my tractor and replace the seal as it's leaking. About 30 years old and 1100 hours, it's started leaking a bit this winter during storage. I was looking into getting a new subcompact tractor with a 60" mower deck and front end loader, but after doing some budgeting I decided I didn't want to dip into my monthly monetary 'buffer' that far for that long. Sucks, since it's the beginning of a new model year and they're deeply discounting new '16 model year tractors pretty heftily. Honestly, after stopping at the Massey Ferguson dealer and ordering the seal and gasket, and talking to the guys there who gratefully showed me the shop manual, I'm kind of excited to tackle this project. Other than the fact that I'm dealing with diesel oil (blacker than Toby's ass), it seems to be a surprisingly easy ordeal. Split the engine from the transmission at (what would be) the bell housing (after unhooking the steering drag link, fuel lines, controls and wiring), unbolt the backer/adapter plate, unbolt the oil seal backing plate, replace the seal (think pinion seal on a rear axle), and bolt it all back together. Sounds easy, right?

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Well, I ordered a rear main oil seal and oil seal backing plate gasket. Gonna split my tractor and replace the seal as it's leaking. About 30 years old and 1100 hours, it's started leaking a bit this winter during storage. I was looking into getting a new subcompact tractor with a 60" mower deck and front end loader, but after doing some budgeting I decided I didn't want to dip into my monthly monetary 'buffer' that far for that long. Sucks, since it's the beginning of a new model year and they're deeply discounting new '16 model year tractors pretty heftily. Honestly, after stopping at the Massey Ferguson dealer and ordering the seal and gasket, and talking to the guys there who gratefully showed me the shop manual, I'm kind of excited to tackle this project. Other than the fact that I'm dealing with diesel oil (blacker than Toby's ass), it seems to be a surprisingly easy ordeal. Split the engine from the transmission at (what would be) the bell housing (after unhooking the steering drag link, fuel lines, controls and wiring), unbolt the backer/adapter plate, unbolt the oil seal backing plate, replace the seal (think pinion seal on a rear axle), and bolt it all back together. Sounds easy, right?
    You forgot "what could possibly go wrong?!?"

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

*** First Fool to Post - The April TRAIN ***

Yeah yeah....you buzzkill.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hopefully you follow those directions better than a recipe. Don't forget the cheez wiz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I got the damn wiz. Finished off the rest of the fixins too. Still didn't change my life. Must be the cheesesteaks in ohia suck that bad.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

or maybe youre just a shitty cook......I'm gonna go with that one.

Navy Blue Metallic

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information