Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Camaro 6th Gen Debut Date May 16th

98 Formula
    06 duramax

actually had a story about this car on the news tonight.....GM moved production back to the U.S. for the new camaro. Lansing.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Yup going back to Lansing rumored to lose a couple hundred if not several hundred pounds in weight. Overall size should be shrinking and the interior, the number one complaint among automotive journalist, should be receiving a massive update like the vette did.

I felt the same way spaz did for the first 2 years of the 5th gen but after seeing and driving a couple 1le models they grew on me. Still just too damn big and heavy for my tastes. But I'm excited to see what they have in store for the 6th gen.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My only big grips were the ass end. Hated the tail lights till 2014 models.

Should be on the ATS frame from Cadi. IMHO it's like the did with the 2nd Gens, 1st gens where pretty big compared to the 2nd Gens.

Would love to see GM put out a stripped down, street legal, no frills in the interior and have a balls out drive train like Ford did with the 302 Boss.

COPO's are track only which kinda screwed the public with the concept of COPO.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 03-17-2015 at 06:52 AM.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Curious to see what they do with the z28 since it doesn't look we will see a new LS7 style engine in the LT line. With all the cafe requirements alot people think it will be a while if ever that we see GM put out another similar engine.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    My only big grips were the ass end. Hated the tail lights till 2014 models.
    Was not a fan of the 14 lights until I saw them in person and now I think they are much better then the older style.

Navy Blue Metallic

The half ass moon shape is what I call the 10-13' lights.

Navy Blue Metallic

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Have had that as my current ringtone on my phone the last few days.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

2016 Chevrolet Camaro Prototypes Spotted Near Tail of the Dragon

Some good shots of prototypes testing in Pigeon Forge near the tail of the dragon.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I'll be there in two weeks...hopefully they are still there.
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

The silhouette looks just like the 5th Gen...

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

It's an evolution of the 5th gen. Sales were way too great to not keep with 5th gen styling. But the only thing carried over from the 5th gen per GM is the badges. Otherwise the components are 70% all new other then the engine and a few pieces it shares with the ATS since it's the same platform. They have said it's the shorter ATS version and not the longer CTS alpha platform. Definitely smaller and lighter. Rear window is much bigger to fix the issues people had with blind spots.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    It's an evolution of the 5th gen. Sales were way too great to not keep with 5th gen styling. But the only thing carried over from the 5th gen per GM is the badges. Otherwise the components are 70% all new other then the engine and a few pieces it shares with the ATS since it's the same platform. They have said it's the shorter ATS version and not the longer CTS alpha platform. Definitely smaller and lighter. Rear window is much bigger to fix the issues people had with blind spots.
    If they fix the blind spots and make it shorter and lighter I will be extremely impressed. Just by losing some weight it would become a much more attractive car imo. A lot of the pony cars are getting pretty fat and happy these days...being lighter than the alternatives would certainly have its advantages.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    If they fix the blind spots and make it shorter and lighter I will be extremely impressed. Just by losing some weight it would become a much more attractive car imo. A lot of the pony cars are getting pretty fat and happy these days...being lighter than the alternatives would certainly have its advantages.
    Those new safety standards at work packing on the pounds. Carbon fiber is still too expensive to fix it without jacking the cost way up. Using the caddy numbers alot are expecting a fully loaded one to come in around 3700-3800 pound range. Pretty decent considering a fully loaded 5th gen can be 4100 pounds. But we will see.

They are using tri-y headers on it so there is a good chance it could make more power then the base corvette. The camaro developers are on record saying it's the corvettes problem if they make more power or are faster in any area. I think the days of the vette being off limits to the camaro are over. The z28 showed that they are willing to let the camaro guys build a faster car.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Those new safety standards at work packing on the pounds. Carbon fiber is still too expensive to fix it without jacking the cost way up. Using the caddy numbers alot are expecting a fully loaded one to come in around 3700-3800 pound range. Pretty decent considering a fully loaded 5th gen can be 4100 pounds. But we will see.

They are using tri-y headers on it so there is a good chance it could make more power then the base corvette. The camaro developers are on record saying it's the corvettes problem if they make more power or are faster in any area. I think the days of the vette being off limits to the camaro are over. The z28 showed that they are willing to let the camaro guys build a faster car.
    That's exactly what Motor Trend says in their review of the Z/28 when comparing it against the GT-R. In a way, though, I'm kinda sad that the two cars could have more overlap. It wouldn't matter so much if the Camaro were faster in a straight line as long as the Vette could do everything else better (for crying out loud: it only has two seats). But the Z/28 outclassed the GT-R at Streets of Willow, while the Z06 lost to it (of course, different model years for the GT-R for the comparisons, but still... the Z/28 had less power than it's competition and the Corvette had MORE power AND LESS weight and still lost on the track).
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

01 SS

scaled down verson of big and ugly....smh. guess i'll just suffer with this 4th gen a little longer.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

2016 Camaro Does More with Less

Looks like they are claiming at least 200 pounds being shed or more depending on trim level.
    Last edited by raynor139; 03-30-2015 at 08:12 AM.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I wonder if they'll make a "no options" option.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

2016 Camaro Does More with Less

Looks like they are claiming at least 200 pounds being shed or more depending on trim level.
    I was kind of hoping to hear about a greater drop than that. High 3,600's to low 3,700's is still a lot of weight for a Pony car. That weight sounds kinda like the last run GTO.I was hoping they would be in the 3,500's. Of course they could shave almost 100 poinds by using lightweight 18 inch wheels and 26 in tires than the 20 inch wheels and 28 inch tires that they are most likely sourcing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information