Red
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

LS3 2001 WS6 build finally done, right

Got my red baby back from Torq 2 weeks ago. I live in South FL & was using a shop in North FL because of their solid rep. Upon getting the car back I had numerous issues which I have outlined here before. Poor low speed drivability, self revving, & consistent discharge of unburned gas & oil. Torq in Miramar, FL took the engine apart showing me scorched piston tops & cylinders which were bored unevenly. That blew me away as this a TSP LS3 stroker I had purchased. Also the cam was far too aggressive for a street car & the LS1 pcm was left in. They had the block re-machined & bored out further (now 6.7 liters!), installed coated pistons, & an after market LS3 pcm, which has much more adjustability & power the old pcm. They also figured out that GM didnt label the wiring correctly. The results are awesome. The car dynoed at 463rwhp (550 hp at the flywheel!) & is a monster throughout the rev band. Low speed drivability is greatly improved w/no turning off or self revving. If you are a car guy & in South FL, check them out. They treat their customers well. Cant wait to see what the car will do at PBIR in a few weeks. Thanks to Paul, Eric, & Roy at Torq!

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Sounds like a beast! Did you keep the A/C? Got any pics/videos? Your wheels on your avatar look pretty good

Red
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Hi Edgar,

Still have AC & all stock radio, etc. Your car looks nice too! Hold on to it, these will be valuable as time goes on. All the best.

Frank, thanks so much for the kind words. I just wanted to clarify that we installed an E67 (Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1, CTS-V) ECM (GMPP control pack) to allow for far greater control, faster processing speed's, etc. We set this up to work with all factory gauges (Tach, Speedo, Oil Pressure, etc) as well as the A/C still working. Additionally, converting this bad boy to drive by wire gives a much smoother and linear pedal feel compared to the horrid cable pedal these Fbody's have.

Thanks again Frank. The posting makes all the hard work worth while

Black, Red
    01 Z28, 05 Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    Frank, thanks so much for the kind words. I just wanted to clarify that we installed an E67 (Camaro ZL1, Corvette ZR1, CTS-V) ECM (GMPP control pack) to allow for far greater control, faster processing speed's, etc. We set this up to work with all factory gauges (Tach, Speedo, Oil Pressure, etc) as well as the A/C still working. Additionally, converting this bad boy to drive by wire gives a much smoother and linear pedal feel compared to the horrid cable pedal these Fbody's have.

Thanks again Frank. The posting makes all the hard work worth while
    I really hate to thread jack but I tried to post my own thread asking this question and was met with no cooperation. Is there a way to use this E67 PCM in a 03-07 Silverado to have use of the 6l80/6l90 and a late model engine and still maintain the stock gauges and all other BCM functions? Sorry again for the thread jack

The motor will require a 58x reluctor wheel and then we can make it happen with any TCM and full control of cruise, gauges, etc.

Black, Red
    01 Z28, 05 Z71

Quote Originally Posted by Meister View Post
    The motor will require a 58x reluctor wheel and then we can make it happen with any TCM and full control of cruise, gauges, etc.
    Actually, I was gonna go with an entire late model drivetrain so the reluctor wheel swap wouldn't have to happen. I'm glad to finally get an answer to this question and not told to just buy a newer truck

Thread Information