Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

HOTRODREGAL.COM is my LS 6.0L build/swap

This is a discussion on HOTRODREGAL.COM is my LS 6.0L build/swap within the LSx Retrofit and Swap forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; freaking genius!!...

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

freaking genius!!

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Thanks again for the kind words guys! I work with my hands on a daily basis (aircraft mechanic), so I see some things out there in other industries and think "How can I adapt that idea"...

Anyway, Radiator hoses I used for the LS engine swap are posted on the website:

Upper hose: Gates 21837
    Lower Hose: Gates 20159

Check out the pics and details
    Hot Rod Regal | General Hot Rod Musings

I want things to be as reliable as they are aesthetically pleasing. It took me all day to get these Hoses just right...
    Hope it helps a few folks!
    -Matt

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/a little mods...

I've been meaning to ask - do you think this technique would work on our dash pads? They have a nasty tendency to crack, must be form the sun.

Mine is in 2 pieces and I've thrown a dash pad "rug" to hide it. It's a nice "rug" with Trans Am and a Firebird on it but still a "rug"

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

I guess it could work for the vynl dash... but its such a thin material and matching the pattern in the dash after a weld would be a huge time consumer... plus after you weld it up it wont be smooth, so you have to sand it smooth. Doubt I would try it on a dash...I think I would try a vynl repair place before trying to weld a dash...
    good luck though!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Great site Matt! Wonderful attention to detail. Quite inspirational, too. I want to do some customization to my 'dream' car from when I was 16 and seeing projects like yours give me the "Yes I Can!" encouragement I need to to do it. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

That is great to hear GatorSS! That is kinda why I post my progress... to keep myself and others motivated.
    This is my first build and I am having a blast! I'm glad it inspires others to try turning a wrench too.

I think my latest post will continue that trend.
    I wanted to keep motivated so I visited a GoodGuys show and bought some wheels!

Part of the fun I am having is meeting and talking to like minded folks. The guys at Forgeline Motorsports were no exception! I had an excellent experience with this vendor.
    Check out my latest upgrade to the HotRodRegal project

Hot Rod Regal | General Hot Rod Musings

-matt

Petty Blue and Red
    1985 Buick Regal

My Regal

Matt,
    I posted a long time ago on a thread that you started about your LS! swap. I just wanted to show you a photo of my 1985 Limited Regal that I had an LS1 put in it. Also added disk brakes on front and back. I will post pics tonight on here for you. The LS1 I have in the Regal is from a 2004 Pontiac GTO, Also has 3.73 gears. I did have a lot of help from Petty's Garage on the buid. You can see from the photo on the signature my car is models after Kyle Pettys 1981 Regal even has a 4-point roll bar. It is 100% street legal though. If you are on facebook, look up "Old School Cool Motorsports" there is tons of pic of the car.

You can see from my signature of what the outside looks like
    Last edited by Petwofan; 12-18-2013 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    pajeff02 likes this.
    Kyle Petty Fan Club Member # 77

Super Moderator

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

^^ Sweet!

black cherry
    1939 Chevy

Thumbs up

Love those 6.0s! Have one in my '39 Chevy since 2007....a VERY reliable, reasonably quick ride!

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Petwofan: Love it! we have a mountain dew nascar style build running around here in St. Louis. no LS motor though... bet you get a lot of looks on the road!
    Wagonmaster2: I am glad to hear the 6.0L works out... My wife and I have a 5.3L in our daily driver 2012 truck, and we love it! I hope my 6.0L performs as well or better!

recently I have been helping a friend of mine with his LSX swap into his El Camino.. its a very cool car... he is prototyping some things and I will update on my website as we move forward with them.

the last thing I worked on for the Hot Rod Regal was the Flaming River Ez Fit intermeadiate steering shaft. It looks amazing...

I have some parts out being powder coated and painted like the firewall that should be back soon, and I will update those when I get them back, plus some new to the market spark plug wires from Taylor for the LS engine. 9mm stuff!

check out the latest if you haven't already on the build progress.

Hot Rod Regal - GM Performance & Appearance Modifications

thanks
    Matt

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

well, back from spring break (wife is a teacher) time to get back to work on the HotRodRegal.
    I added another billet specialties part - radiator overflow tank. $$$ I had to have this just simply because it looked cool.
    check out the link.

Billet Specialties radiator overflow tank - Overflow lines can Be Cool too! - Hot Rod Regal

More fun stuff, I have recently modified the truck coil brackets and had them powder coated (little over the top - but cheaper than buying aftermarket ones). That one is up also, used a local guy "Gateway Powder Coating" that did great work. always good to know of good service providers!

Hot Rod Regal - GM Performance & Appearance Modifications

I am really excited about a trip I have planned very soon! -Mast Motorsports- Going for a tour of their facility in Nacogdoches, TX where I get to help a friend build a top end on an LSX 440!!! dont worry I will take plenty of photos!

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Got a new product on the car. The latest post is about Taylor 9mm spark plug wires. The part number is 92045 and not a bad price on them.
    The set I got were the first production set with the 135 degree plugs.

Taylor 9mm spark plug wires - Hot Rod Regal

They work very well on LS engines with headers

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Remote Oil Filter - Slick Engineering Moroso! - Hot Rod Regal

Ever wonder where to put your remote oil filter on your LS engine? Check this out! #Moroso

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

As promised, the Dyno Runs for the Project: LSX El Camino are up on the website. Its unbelievable the power this Mast Motorsports LSX small block with a carb. makes!

Mast Motorsports Dyno - LSX Engine Epic Part 4 - Hot Rod Regal ... ic-part-4/

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

NEW LS Engine Product!
    ULTIMATE HEADERS for the G-body
    check out the very first set and first production set on the HotRodRegal and LSX El Camino now. Click on the Highlighted text in the article to get more information.

Ultimate Headers = Ultimate G-body - Hot Rod Regal

IMG_2253.jpg
    LSX440ultimate.jpg

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Flex-a-lite fan fits a G-body (part#295)

So its been awhile since my last update... sorry - gotta have time to actually work on things!!!

this latest update is for making the Flex-a-lite 295 fit a non-Flex-a-lite radiator. I did not want to use the Flex-a-lite radiator for 2 reasons: 1. I already had the Be Cool radiator. 2. I don't want to clean between the mounting brackets on the Flex-a-lite radiator.

It is an easy install, and will might cool the engine pretty good since the dual electric fan moves 4600 cfm of air... and it looks pretty good too.

gunna have to check it out on the link if you wanna see the finished products (for both g-bodies - HotRodRegal and LSX El Camino)

Flex-a-lite fan fits a G-body (part#295)

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

how to article on 3" exhaust in a g-body using FLOWMASTER

OK G-body guys and gals... AS PROMISED... FLOWMASTER 3" Stainless Steel exhaust system build (how to article) with electric cut out provisions

click this link:
    Flowmaster Exhaust - Perfect 3" G-body exhaust - Hot Rod Regal

This is one tight fitting exhaust system. When you look at the car from the side, no pipes are visible below the frame!
    SMWS6TA likes this.

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Ever think about ceramic coating a complete exhaust system? check out the next installment of the Flowmaster exhaust system on the HotRodRegal.

NITROPLATE!

Ceramic Coating with NitroPlate - Hot Rod Regal

Blue/Grey/Black
    87 Buicks

Cold Air Intake

aerodynamics and physics in work here on this link!!! yeah, yeah, I know its a Buick Regal... no such thing as aerodynamics for the brick....
    maybe I'm just an airplane nerd.. but this science works...

Check out the cold air intake design from Spectre Performance and how we maximize the use of high pressure air.... - (Think vacuum cleaner or more appropriately the theory of lift)

Cold Air Intake

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information