LPM
    2000 Z28

Goin the other direction?

My father has had a big block 454 that he has been wanting to put in something for a long time.

He wanted a late 60's nova, but it's been a while and he now just wants something to be able to put it in and run it.

I know of a f-body Camaro roller that could be had for cheap, but is it even possible? Anyone ever done it? Just not sure about room in the engine bay and whatnot

LS6 Intake, LS6 VCT, E^2 Catch Can, Hooker LTs and ORY, Magnaflow Cat-Back, 3" QTP electric cutout, UMI adj LCA, PHB, 3 pt SFCs, STB, MGW Shifter, SLP lid and bellow, Free-Mods, Tuned by BlueCat

What year Fbody?
    I'll assume 4th gen? I've seen them done, but it requires cutting the cowl area, different cross member etc...frankly, it's work.

I'd keep looking for something older that makes the install easy. There are so many platforms out there that a bbc fits into relatively easy. The trick is finding a good rolling chassis that's in your price range. There are plenty out there forsale, but I assume since he is still looking, they are probably spendy, as is most classic stuff now.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Yeah it's a 4th gen roller. I'll try to look more into and see if it's worth the work. It's just a real cheap roller and dad really wants to get it in something. Damn 454 has been on a hoist for years now

Keep in mind the ones I've seen done had custom headers fabbed, and overall looked pretty modified under the hood. Looked pretty expensive to do.
    To my knowledge no one makes headers for that application.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Thanks for the advice man. I had never seen it done so I wasn't sure how much work we'd be getting into. Thanks again

Red
    99 Z28

Everyone that I have seen to do it says its big money and requires alot of "custom" stuff. I would look for a 3rd gen roller to tell ya the truth, more room under the hood, Alot of more aftermarket pieces out there to make it work.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Thanks. I kinda figured that I would have seen a few if it was an easier task

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    Thanks. I kinda figured that I would have seen a few if it was an easier task
    The drag strip is the only place I've seen them.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    The drag strip is the only place I've seen them.
    Gotcha. We are still toying with the idea. It wasn't intended to ever be street legal

Red
    99 Z28

If your not looking for street legal or something that could be street legal. Got a third gen roller that has t-tops but no title. And really not that far from ya depending what part of WV. Cheap as is less than a grand.

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by scott5 View Post
    If your not looking for street legal or something that could be street legal. Got a third gen roller that has t-tops but no title. And really not that far from ya depending what part of WV. Cheap as is less than a grand.
    Pm sent

2006 DD

take a look at some of the companies geared towards the drag racing chassis'

you maybe able to buy a "prebuilt" front clip / subframe assembly and then have plenty of room for that big block and headers

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
    take a look at some of the companies geared towards the drag racing chassis'

you maybe able to buy a "prebuilt" front clip / subframe assembly and then have plenty of room for that big block and headers
    I'll look if you can point me in the direction of some of these said companies

2006 DD

Quote Originally Posted by derekbuckner1 View Post
    I'll look if you can point me in the direction of some of these said companies
    Maybe, Chris Alston's chassisworks, or I just found this front tube K- member from BMR Suspension that bolts in and accepts a big block chevy

1993 - 2002 F-Body | K-Members | KM005 - K-member, SBC/BBC Motor Mounts, Standard Rack Mounts | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Hope this helps, Jeff

LPM
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
    Maybe, Chris Alston's chassisworks, or I just found this front tube K- member from BMR Suspension that bolts in and accepts a big block chevy

1993 - 2002 F-Body | K-Members | KM005 - K-member, SBC/BBC Motor Mounts, Standard Rack Mounts | BMR Suspension - The Leader in High Performance Suspension & Chassis

Hope this helps, Jeff
    Thanks a lot man

Thread Information