dark blue
    98 camaro

f 5.3 in to 98 camaro v6

Hey everyone im new here. This will be my first post. This maybe asked before but I cant seem to find answers. I have a 98 camaro v6 and I would like to swap in a5.3 into it. What will need and what parts can I use from the 5.3. to sawp into my camaro. This car means a lot to me so dont tell me to trade it in for a ss or z28 with an ls1. This will be my first project by myself. With help from friends and family of course. Thank you

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

with enough time and money, anything is possible.

I don't know anything about how the k-member with line up with the motor mounts.

You may need a stiffer front suspension due to the added weight, and you will need the PCM along with the wiring harness that goes with the 5.3.

Not real sure what youll do for intake, the 3800 TB sticks off at an angle, and the 5.3 will be straight forward, so youll prob need an LS1 style intake, or maybe a CAI the would have fit the truck. IF you need an LS1 lower air box, I have one Ill sell you.

Youll also need to look into how the trans will bolt up, 4L60E should work, but I dont think the T-5 will

dark blue
    98 camaro

Once I get the motor I want to go through everything and make it good as new. Yes I know about the front supetion. Would I be able to use the v6 wire harness or I have to use the trucks harness and pcm. Could I use the truck intake manifold or do I have to use a ls1 intake. I would like to use the t56. The t 5 is way to weak

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

The t-5 is plenty strong, but you'd be better off with the T-56, the truck intake should be fine, but if you want to upgrade, the LS6 is a much better option than the LS1, the LS1 intake isn't that much better than the trucks. You'll need the wiring and the PCM from the truck

Sadly, on our cars, the term "intake" is used a little too loosely, there's two parts, there's the intake manifold thats actually mounted on top of the engine, thats what I was referring to above, but in my first response I was referring to the part that houses the filter and MAF, and delivers air to the intake manifold.

Thread Information