93 rx7 ls1 swap! Idiling and shut off problems

This is a discussion on 93 rx7 ls1 swap! Idiling and shut off problems within the LSx Retrofit and Swap forums, part of the LSx Technical Help Section category; I need some help figuring out why my car idles all out of whack and eventually turns off in the ...

93 rx7 ls1 swap! Idiling and shut off problems

I need some help figuring out why my car idles all out of whack and eventually turns off in the middle of a drive. I checked to see if the idle air control valve was good and when I unplugged it the car was still idling at 13-14 rpm. So it did nothing. I need some answers please!

black
    00 maro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Jere0213 View Post
    I need some help figuring out why my car idles all out of whack and eventually turns off in the middle of a drive. I checked to see if the idle air control valve was good and when I unplugged it the car was still idling at 13-14 rpm. So it did nothing. I need some answers please!
    check it out man. get ur mas air flow take it off carefully and spray it down with wd40 and same with the connectors, if ur car is idiling high it may be suckin in air from somewhere but dw40 cleans connectors dosent hurt anything at all (wd40 stands for water displacement and was made to clean navy electrical components that got wet n stuff or oily)) and if that dosent work then trace it man. start from the intake make sure the tube isnt cracked or anything. so after u clean everything like maf and its connectors then some one may have done a delete(some one help me out here. u cancel out a tube with another something i never did it but its called a something delete it keeps hot air from comming into ur intake and its made to help warm the motor when its cold) ppl fux that up alot cuz they do it wrong, and if its not that check your plenium make sure its not loose anywhere then if its not that then go from gas filter or it could be a fuel pump trippin out and if ur really unlucky its an electric prob wich happens in some maros and ta's, and also if u have never changed ur cats they may b clogged cuz when they get clogged they run until they get hot then dont allow any air to come thru. hopefully this help man lemme know and if u want email me som pics of top fron and both sides of the motor and ill see if anything not right, ohh ya clean ur pcu connectors as well make sure no corrosion or oil is anywhere ya know. and if its not that maybe theres a power problem or u got the wrong set of spark plugs. dont buy those double triple prong pieces of crap oems are just fine and actually better than all those other dual prong scammin ish and maybe borrow a timing light from some one also bro lol. and u can even ohm meter ur spark wires to check those too
    Last edited by BigTeddy254; 01-11-2014 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information