Mufflex 4" and Hawks third gen "Sinister"

Anyone run these or familiar with them? I've got my heart set on a set up like this, not to many people run these so its kinda hard to find any reviews. Any other companies manufacturing a similar set up?

Yeah I run a 4" Mufflex with the Magnaflow muffler. Not many people run them because Mufflex doesn't really advertise much, alot of people just don't know about it.

Excellent quality and fitment, no complaints in regard to that. It's a bit too loud for me though, and my wife who drives the car daily is sick of it. It's coming back off for that reason. If you like noise and you want a free flowing system for big HP with excellent ground clearance, this is the system I recommend. Can't be beat for the price.

Do you run long tubes? Cats? I'm 100% sure I'm going to go with one of these I just have to decide on which one and which muffler. The nice thing is I can always switch mufflers down the road. My flowmaster cat back is just so... idk typical I guess. I really don't like the look of the traditional pipes exiting the rear on a Camaro. I think its looks great on a TA, but with the camaros clean bumper I've always thought it looked a little awkward.

I run long tube headers, Texas Speed off road Y, and the 4" mufflex with a magnaflow muffler and hidden tailpipe. It all tucks up nice and can't be seen.

Well If you are interested in getting rid of it when you take it off shoot me a message.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

the sinister system is louder than GMMG or loudmouth...but it also sounds REALLY good if you are ok with that amount of decibels. Im pretty sure its just straight pipe system that is routed like a cat system...its not chambered or silenced in any way, so its pretty nasty lol but its setup so that you can add a muffler in like 15mins if you wanted to...the say it disconnects allows you to add one.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 05-19-2014 at 05:15 AM.

Yeah I can vouch for that, my wife hates it Actually it's more attention than I care for too, I cringe every time I have to squeeze the throttle. Even with the magnaflow muffer that I have (supposed to be the quietest of the 3 choices) you can still here the car coming a mile away, there is just no sneaking it around.

I had thought about installing a cone resonator in the tail pipe right after the muffler to tone things down a bit as an experiment, but my wife just wants her original dual/dual 3" catback reinstalled on the car.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yeah I can vouch for that, my wife hates it Actually it's more attention than I care for too, I cringe every time I have to squeeze the throttle. Even with the magnaflow muffer that I have (supposed to be the quietest of the 3 choices) you can still here the car coming a mile away, there is just no sneaking it around.

I had thought about installing a cone resonator in the tail pipe right after the muffler to tone things down a bit as an experiment, but my wife just wants her original dual/dual 3" catback reinstalled on the car.
    you could probably "downgrade" to a loud mouth system and it'd be a big enough difference that she would be ok with it lol
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Haha, her other 4th gen had a loudmouth system and she didn't like that at all either. Funny, I ran a mufflex 4" system years ago on another 4th gen and just don't remember it being this loud before. I think I'm just getting older and don't want to deal with the noise anymore.

My feeling is that the optional 3" dual/dual on the SS's and Firehawks was one of the best sounding catbacks on these cars, mellow tone that is liveable and sounds nice. It's the quietest 3" catback there is. That's one of the reasons I kept the system when I pulled it off her car. It's also proved to be just as effective performance wise to any other 3" catback on the market today. Too bad it isn't produced anymore. It's going back on the car with the CME option added to it.

Thread Information