Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

magnaflow exhaust

it has a nice exhaust note on a stock exhaust manifold car.
    its not really loud till you get on it.
    it also has a nice tone with a car with headers, but its alittle loud minus cats
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

what type of flow/cfm does it get over like flowmaster. Yes unfortunitely I my first mod was flowmaster and I want something less restrictive. Either a cutout or a magnaflow.

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

I banez----Magnaflow and Hooker are 2 of the better flowing catbacks out there. Without headers Hooker is quieter then Magnaflow. Headers really wake up a Hooker catback however. Hooker is a little bit cheaper then the Magnaflow but you can't go wrong with either catback.

transam1998
    I have QTP headers and offroad y pipe to a Magnaflow catback. car sounded good and was a little loud at WOT but not bad. Spectators say the car sounds like a race car when going down the track. (whatever that means).

After my heads and cam install, it got quite louder. It rumbles a bit at idle, idle sounds just a bit louder than stock. Under normal acceleration, after about 3k RPM, the car now sounds like it used to sound at WOT. At WOT, the car sounds like it doesn't have an exhaust system on it at all (although with the exhaust disconnected, it's about twice as loud. ) At cruise, you can hear the engine rumble a bit, but it is not too loud at all.

On a note, I tried disconnecting my exhaust system at the track last weekend. The car went no faster, it may have picked up .3 or .4 mph trapspeed (about 3 or 4 hp? ) so the system flows good.

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Ive had my Magnaflow cat-back for about 6 months now and I love it. All my Mustang friends say its too quiet until you get on it. The muffler finally broke in and has a crisp note to it. VERY HIGHELY RECCOMENDED. I also have an SLP y pipe feeding it, but thats about to disappear to be replaced with PaceSetter headers and y pipe.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedZ28
    Ive had my Magnaflow cat-back for about 6 months now and I love it. All my Mustang friends say its too quiet until you get on it. The muffler finally broke in and has a crisp note to it. VERY HIGHELY RECCOMENDED. I also have an SLP y pipe feeding it, but thats about to disappear to be replaced with PaceSetter headers and y pipe.
    its gonna get alot louder

Junior Member Raymond K. Hessel's Avatar
    Magnaflow's website does not do this catback justice. The sound clip sounds raspy as hell.

LT's, 3400 stall, FIPK,CB
    2002 Z28

Have had a magnaflow catback on since 2003 and added FLP LT headers in 2005. When stock the Magnalow sounds good, not very loud and really no rasp. When I put the long tubes on it sounded even better. Then I decided to take off the converters. It was really loud, almost like open headers, so I put the cats back on. Then I bought a 3400 stall, it really makes the car louder due to the higher rpms needed to make the car move, but sound is perfect now! Not too loud, but get on it and I can hear the car a 1/2 mile away(let wife drive car). Without cats it had a sputtering raspy crappy sound. With cats and the long tubes it sounds great. Also a side note: I broke the weld on the muffler, the shop I had the Magaflow put on called them, they sent a free replacement and paid for shipping and labor. Magnaflow stands behind the product!

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

have had my magnaflow for about a month now and i love it.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS

I originally had Flowmaster on my Camaro. I took it off and went to magnaflow. The flowmaster was to raspy with my SLP LT headers. The magnaflow has great sound, but as said it is a little loud with headers, stall, and no cats but sounds great. I have cutouts right at the headers and at the track with them open I only gained 4/1000 on my ET. The guys at Texas Speed told me it is one of the best flowing exhausts available.

BigBlockPower
    Got mine at www.magnaflowexpress.com they had every Magnaflow catback available at much better prices than Magnaflow's site....FREE shipping too. Very high flow rates due to very low restriction - they got my business

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Just an added note: The other day I was revving at a friend who was behind me in my driveway. The engine was cold and I had just reconnected the battery so the computer obviously wasnt calibrating things correctly at the time. To the point anyway, I revved to 3500 rpm or so and let off....BOOOM...footlong flame out the back of each tip!!!! Fun stuff...

WS SICK
    Guess I'm the opposite from most......I had a Magnaflow and took it off in favor of a Flowmaster. I think the flow sounds better, I have long tubes and no cats. I have a cutout for those special occasions On the dyno I only gained 4 hp and 4tq from the cutout over the flowmaster but I will say that I had to add an underdrive pulley with the flowmaster to equal the dyno numbers I had with the magnaflow when thew cutout is closed.

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

I have had the Magnaflow for a month now and love it. Same mods as you see in my sig minus the exhaust was 13.3 @ 104. Took the car last night a couple of weeks later with the exhaust and similar conditions and ran a 13.1 105.7mph.

Polo Green
    92 Camaro RS

Hows the interior noise with the magnaflow. Does have any drone or interior resinance(sp)? I just bought a magnaflow for mine but havn't recieved it yet. I did have a flowmaster American Thunder system and the interior noise was awful..............jt

Arctic White
    2001 Camaro SS

Just in case you haven't found out yet,

There is not much interior resonance with the Magnaflow...I drive 75 interstate miles each day and have no problem listening to my radio...it sounds a little louder than stock with a better tone. I have an A4, in second gear around 3000 rpm it sounds MEAN inside the car...you will not be disappointed. Truly an amazing product.

Polo Green
    92 Camaro RS

Thanks for the repsonse. I cant wait to get it on the car.........jt

The Rookie
    Love my Magnaflow! Crusin... a little louder than stock. Get on it and the system comes to life! Thanks to my buddy Steve and his muffler shop for the dealer cost special!!

Haven't received my system yet (just paid for it yesterday) but FYI I ordered the Magnaflow catback system privately from a company I found on eBay who advertised price matching and "best offer." My offer to them was $350 shipped and they went for it, so it might pay to check around. (Makes me wonder just how much less I could have offered!) I don't want to name the company publicly to avoid getting them in trouble for making the deal outside eBay, but if you wanna send me a PM I'll pass the info along. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I feel like they made me a great deal and I don't want to screw them over by saying anything I shouldn't.

The Rookie
    350 is a good price.. My Buddy's shop installed mine for 270 that was parts and labor!!! no BS! But like I said that was a special deal he put together for me. Not sure what he normally charges, but i can check with him if anyone is interested. His shop is in the southwest Houston area.

Thread Information